The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profile Equipment % Used

Grimmstyler

5 minutes ago, TrinityPrime said:

Maybe Warframe Support can reset it.

Otherwise usage is perma glitched on old accounts. You can try to force favorite changes but it's like beyond 10x the previous in-mission playtime.

I dunno.. Maybe it's just taking up space  and should be removed for more Riven Capacity 😀

Actually its not "random" or "glitched" or "stuck" for older players.
It is simply due to the fact that quite a while back the "usage" of a weapon/frame was calculated simply by how long you had it equipped in any location.  This counted missions, menus (before we had the liset), and then the liset.
A while after releasing the liset though DE changed the "usage" of a weapon/frame to only count mission time usage instead of anywhere usage.
Though one thing to note is that the "usage" is more "Time equipped" than xp gained or any other metric.

That's why it doesn't seem to change for older players, because think how long we had our old equipment just sitting in our slots while we sat in the menus or in the liset doing stuff outside of missions, and then compare that to how fast most missions are.
It's going to take a hek of a lot of missions to come even close to the time spent idling in the menus and liset back in the day.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Stats are definitively bugged and glitched. I have weapons with zero kills even though I used them alot, frames I hardly ever used coming up as more popular than frames I've used more extensively, frames I litterally use all the time with less kills than frames I never ever use, the amount of aberrations I can see by taking a closer look at the individual weapon stats clearly shows that something was wrong at some point, making the whole system kinda useless ,as it's not representative of the actual usage of weapons.

Honestly it's a minor issue, but i would like an algorythm that checks ever thing you ever leveled for aberrations and attempted to "Fix these" (Should not have a weapon with 232 kills being more used than a weapon with 123241 kills).

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

(Should not have a weapon with 232 kills being more used than a weapon with 123241 kills).

Except that the "used %" is based on time equipped, not what you do during that time.

For example, say I take a melee weapon into the ESO and spend 20 minutes there getting around 1k kills.
I then take another melee into a 40 minute survival and only kill 300 enemies with it while mainly using other weapons.
The second melee is going to have more usage because it was equipped for longer in a mission than the first one.

Doesn't matter how many kills you get with something, or how much affinity.  Its purely based on how long you have it equipped.

And early in the game it was based around total time equipped, not just mission time.  So all of the time you spent chatting in your liset or menus and recruiting or trading added to the weapons and frames you had equipped, which drove their usage % up.
That can cause a lot of aberrations.

If you want to argue for changing from time equipped to some other metric (affinity gained/kills/whatever) feel free to argue that...but I don't think that would be much better.  After all I could make most any weapon my "most used" based on that criteria by taking it into a days worth of ESO, and have weapons that I use consistently in other mission types and use a hek of a lot more not even come close due to the enemy density and affinity gains in ESO.

It's all borked... Not gonna pull the full data , but a quick glance shows stuff like this.

- I used Regular Ash for 18.2% of of 2363 hours of playtime, amassed a small 20 million xp yet hilariously i've only killed 2053 people using him. That's rougly five kills per hour playing Ash... Sure was an efficient ash player back then.

- In contrast, I used Ash Prime for 28% of my playtime, but got 145 million xp and killed 123000 enemies. That's 185 Kills per hours... A credible amount compared to five kills per hour, don't you think...

- Likewise, I have tons of frames with 1.5% usage , yet that have way more kills my my regular ash's 2053 kills.

- I used Regular nova for 4.7% of my playtime, gained 5 million xp using her and killed 15000 enemies.

- In contrast,  I used Nova Prime for 4% of my playtime (Less), yet gained 94 million xp using her and killed 350000 enemies. So I used her less, but I somehow gained 89 Million more xp and killed 33500 more enemies.Same frame, roughly same build...

It's pretty clear to me that the data is borked, with older frames have most of their XP and Kills not accounted for... Plus with wierd usage percentage not representative of anything.

And no, I didn't leave my client afk for days or anything like that... Besides I don't really care about the % usage that much , it's more the rest that boggles the mind.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

Always been bugged for me, still says most used melee is boltace, despite not touching it for years, hundreds of thousands of kills in the interim, and not using or even ever wearing it that much in the first place.

Edited by Buttaface