The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is liberalism bad for the gaming market?

Lately with the contemporary culture it seems difficult to give people what they want. A product is designed and is purchased / funded; yet the speech by the use of money is not enough for some radicalized views. For the Social Justice Warriors it seems like there are too many things to nit-pick from games. Each game has it's design and concept to entertain those who purchase / subscribe and use the product; but for them there is not enough this or that in the game. With the criticism of games like Warframe some people refuse to grasp the idea of 'art for art sake'.In a fantasy, make believe world that is just as full of imagination as elves and dragons are in medieval story telling. In a vast story of detail rich concepts it is easy to get Warframe mixed up with sci fi games and story arks. It isn't about people using Hardlight to manipulate mass on the atomic level and mix plastic with steel for armor, nor is it about a galactic war fought by psychic powered people who replace knights in shining armor. Those who start to understand the story of Warframe and it's context can see it's ever expanding growth for a story and can learn to play it so well that level 1 million enemies are trivial due to understanding the game's logic.For those refusing to understand the artistic focus this game has they will refuse to grasp it and assert their contemporary views into a work of art that has nothing to do with those moral concepts. By doing so a political movement is made by some thousand of people for a game not bending to their political point of views nor entertaining those views. In these acts to force ideas into pieces of artwork such as Warframe the endless attempt to nerf the game is obscene: A seemingly inexhaustible protest to make this piece of discipline and hard work to look ugly, brutal, nasty, and short-lived like their aspirations. Just like the handful of people who openly give positive and constructive feedback on a forums that allows feedback on it's product we can agree that this product, like others out there, is worth appreciating since the developers have worked hard to satisfy their customers.

1 minute ago, Dawson1917 said:

Let me guess.

You were banned for calling Nezha a t**p and now you're gonna show dem ess jay dubbyu warriahs who's boss.

If it looks like Nezha, rants like AGGP, and gets people to demand a nerf to the game, then they need to solve their problems instead of solving products that has noting to do with their societal point of view.

37 minutes ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

Lately with the contemporary culture it seems difficult to give people what they want. A product is designed and is purchased / funded; yet the speech by the use of money is not enough for some radicalized views. For the Social Justice Warriors it seems like there are too many things to nit-pick from games. Each game has it's design and concept to entertain those who purchase / subscribe and use the product; but for them there is not enough this or that in the game. With the criticism of games like Warframe some people refuse to grasp the idea of 'art for art sake'.In a fantasy, make believe world that is just as full of imagination as elves and dragons are in medieval story telling. In a vast story of detail rich concepts it is easy to get Warframe mixed up with sci fi games and story arks. It isn't about people using Hardlight to manipulate mass on the atomic level and mix plastic with steel for armor, nor is it about a galactic war fought by psychic powered people who replace knights in shining armor. Those who start to understand the story of Warframe and it's context can see it's ever expanding growth for a story and can learn to play it so well that level 1 million enemies are trivial due to understanding the game's logic.For those refusing to understand the artistic focus this game has they will refuse to grasp it and assert their contemporary views into a work of art that has nothing to do with those moral concepts. By doing so a political movement is made by some thousand of people for a game not bending to their political point of views nor entertaining those views. In these acts to force ideas into pieces of artwork such as Warframe the endless attempt to nerf the game is obscene: A seemingly inexhaustible protest to make this piece of discipline and hard work to look ugly, brutal, nasty, and short-lived like their aspirations. Just like the handful of people who openly give positive and constructive feedback on a forums that allows feedback on it's product we can agree that this product, like others out there, is worth appreciating since the developers have worked hard to satisfy their customers.

Not sure if I agree, disagree, or really fully get what you're getting at...but I -think- you're saying that people need to stop making demands of DE to modify Warframe to suit THEIR views, and instead need to accept that Warframe is Warframe, like it or leave it.   If that's the case, then yup! Agreed!

Lets get the main issue straight, this 'liberalism' is not 'liberalism', its the product of parents and teachers having all their power remove, and basic science being allowed to be thrown aside as not to hurt someones feelings.

That said, there is a fine line to tread for a lot of companies in today's world, they have their concepts, goals, agendas which they somehow have to weave through a wide base of customers. Being ignorant to the worries of these new age 1st world problems can induce a lot of negative feedback, which can hurt companies. On the flip side this new generation are not after anything in particular, so giving into them only creates a chain reaction. They will see the cries of foul play worked and will quickly look for a new issue to have.

DE have done a good job so far with the game, nothing to me seems to be scaled back, or changed to meet any of the 100000000000+ issues that are imagined on a daily basis by people who have no real knowledge of any 1 particular issue.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Not sure if I agree, disagree, or really fully get what you're getting at...but I -think- you're saying that people need to stop making demands of DE to modify Warframe to suit THEIR views, and instead need to accept that Warframe is Warframe, like it or leave it.   If that's the case, then yup! Agreed!

Warframe is Warframe as long as he agrees with it. Otherwise it is being ruined by the spooky SJWs. He then goes on to paint him and others like him as the only ones giving good feedback.

There might also be something about how using OP things is just knowing the game really well and DE should just not do anything about it.

He might have also started a thread in every other subsection in the forums.

Just now, (PS4)watt4hem said:

According to the chat bot, yeah. Tho i say people just need to get a thicker iron skin for jokes.

The more you know, I think I have not used the chat that much, I have gotten flak in other corners on the internet for even liking Nezha as basically a pretty boy/trap and all, I mean, how many people here have a full lineup of warframes that are visually appealing? my favorite is Nova for example but then again, I'd hit whatever warframe I find attractive on its "warframey" kind of way.

Now, onto the politics thing, games are supposed to be a way you take a break from reality, why the need to push reality and politics on games? even by a business standpoint, those people who keep complaining about this and that in games are not even consumers, they just like to complain, they won't buy comics, watch animation or play games at all, unless you count those mobile time killers like Candy Crush.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

According to the chat bot, yeah. Tho i say people just need to get a thicker iron skin for jokes.

I personally don't even see it as a joke.  It ain't funny, and the fact that people think he looks like a chick just is kinda proof of their ignorance of other cultures.  😕

22 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Warframe is Warframe as long as he agrees with it. Otherwise it is being ruined by the spooky SJWs. He then goes on to paint him and others like him as the only ones giving good feedback.

There might also be something about how using OP things is just knowing the game really well and DE should just not do anything about it.

He might have also started a thread in every other subsection in the forums.

The moment you stress test a primary,secondary, or melee after 3-8 Forma and make it work is when criticism instead of respect.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

I personally don't even see it as a joke.  It ain't funny, and the fact that people think he looks like a chick just is kinda proof of their ignorance of other cultures.  😕

They're probable trying to run Rhino with ok stomp range; but thin iron skin.