Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AFK player everywhere

IgnatiuSgaming

Another big topic,I just want discuss 

This is very annoying.In Sortie,someone afk till mission finish and count as finished?

And Exp leveling too,someone just afk then get exp by just moving 1 step and shoot without accuracy? And get exp too?

I know this problem already get punish by 2 minutes afk,u didn't get any reward or exp but we need more hard punish to them like they get kicked from squad or ban for 5 minutes from matchmaking like other games do or they still in squad but count as mission not completed (for sortie mission,alert and invasion)

No offense,I just want discuss.Repeat,I just want discuss

The most effective solution in defense is to just let the objective get pummeled, no joke that usually works for me and if it doesn't they don't get anything and for anything else....

13 minutes ago, Xirka said:

Do what I do to afk players, use Loki to get them moving/killed. If they get downed by the enemies after I switch them, of course I won't revive them.~

This is the other best option

A vote kick system would be easily abused. Three trolls pulling you into a mission and then vote kicking you out right before it ends: mission failed.

I have to admit that i'm not really bothered by AFKers, although I do understand why they're reviled. I just look at it like i'm never going to see this player again cuz they're probably going to be really bored after few days to a week of this and they'll just stop playing anyway..

The problem is real. The solution is simple, level lock the few high end game modes in public mode, eidolon, sorties, onslaught, top level bounties, to lvl 30 frames and equipment. These modes are where leeches benefit most and also bring the most detriment to the team. Leave the entire rest of the game to the leech fiesta it has become, fine. But the few higher end game modes should all be level locked.

Edited by Buttaface

1 час назад, (PS4)the-creeperman сказал:

A vote kick system would be easily abused. Three trolls pulling you into a mission and then vote kicking you out right before it ends: mission failed.

Or it can fork kicked player into solo session with same progress. Just a suggestion.

43 minutes ago, (PS4)the-creeperman said:

If all that's being done is removing an AFKer from a squad but letting them keep progress, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having a vote kick system? 

you could kick them before you finish the mission...

if you're doing a bounty you can figure this crap out before you even finish the first stage. Same with eidolons

The AFK players usually aren't getting anything from doing what they're doing. AFK rules kick in with surprising accuracy, if the player is doing only one or two movements, shooting a gun or just casting a single ability, they can still get the AFK rule because DE is aware that Macro functions exist that can cause your character to move, cast and shoot at certain times.

If they're doing enough to not get the AFK rule, but not actually contributing to the mission... then the ideal thing to do is to make sure that they can't enjoy that. Move them around using Ripline or Switch Teleport, drag enemies over to them with abilities like Decoy, Molt or Pull, abuse their lack of attention by using them to buff yourself with Nidus' Link or just cast abilities directly into and around them, like Nova's Anti-Matter Drop to fill their screen with sparkles and loud noises.

Heck, put a Snowglobe up with Frost right in front of where they are, so they can't shoot through it at the enemy, then when they move into the Globe to shoot out, move it further forward. Make them walk close and closer to where they should be that way.

There's plenty of ways to deal with non-contributing players, go have fun at their expense ^^

4 hours ago, Thaylien said:

There's plenty of ways to deal with non-contributing players, go have fun at their expense ^^

Shouldn't be players' job to do that, should be a basic part of the game's design that certain higher end mission types are max gear/frame locked in public mode.

23 hours ago, IgnatiuSgaming said:

This is very annoying.In Sortie,someone afk till mission finish and count as finished?

And Exp leveling too,someone just afk then get exp by just moving 1 step and shoot without accuracy? And get exp too?

I know this problem already get punish by 2 minutes afk,u didn't get any reward or exp but we need more hard punish to them like they get kicked from squad or ban for 5 minutes from matchmaking like other games do or they still in squad but count as mission not completed (for sortie mission,alert and invasion)

We just need more players to know when to leave a AFK session.

7 hours ago, Thaylien said:

The AFK players usually aren't getting anything from doing what they're doing. AFK rules kick in with surprising accuracy, if the player is doing only one or two movements, shooting a gun or just casting a single ability, they can still get the AFK rule because DE is aware that Macro functions exist that can cause your character to move, cast and shoot at certain times.

If they're doing enough to not get the AFK rule, but not actually contributing to the mission... then the ideal thing to do is to make sure that they can't enjoy that. Move them around using Ripline or Switch Teleport, drag enemies over to them with abilities like Decoy, Molt or Pull, abuse their lack of attention by using them to buff yourself with Nidus' Link or just cast abilities directly into and around them, like Nova's Anti-Matter Drop to fill their screen with sparkles and loud noises.

Heck, put a Snowglobe up with Frost right in front of where they are, so they can't shoot through it at the enemy, then when they move into the Globe to shoot out, move it further forward. Make them walk close and closer to where they should be that way.

That all seems like unnecessary effort. Wouldn't it be better to just finish the mission and be done with them?

10 hours ago, Prof.549 said:

There is nothing to discuss here. Not ready to bear the pugs - don't play pugs.

Close the topic. Ban TS.

I just want discuss lol? Is it wrong?

3 hours ago, (PS4)fullblast35 said:

We just need more players to know when to leave a AFK session.

Yeah I know but they afk,not from beginning but mid game? U want to leave and then burn all your exp?

On 2018-05-22 at 8:18 PM, IgnatiuSgaming said:

saw one just now in a void fissure, amazing creatures, when i asked him to not afk he told me maybe i should play on solo. Amazing to behold.

Unfortunately for him he knows not that I am very, very petty.

Edited by Gandergear

9 hours ago, Buttaface said:

Shouldn't be players' job to do that, should be a basic part of the game's design that certain higher end mission types are max gear/frame locked in public mode.

Sorties are max-gear locked, Elite Sanctuary Onslaught is max-gear locked, any other game modes can be attempted without maxed gear because it's completely possible for a person with a reasonably high MR to put on a serviceable build straight out of the Foundry.

Gear locking does not actually do anything to stop these people. It's the same as trying to use Mastery Rank (something you get from doing the base function of the game; farming and levelling) as a measure of skill and ability. Even in-game stats don't actually define a player's skill or ability...

Besides, my point wasn't that it was the players' job. My point is that it should be the players' option. If a person is genuinely not contributing to a game that requires there to be four player cooperation to viably succeed (my own opinion on it is that even the level 100s are not challenging for large quantities of the player base, hence why people keep asking for 'endgame' content, but Sorties, for example, are supposed to require 4 players of average ability to succeed) then it is not the 'job' of any player to do something about it, but if they choose to, there are ways to make other players feel uncomfortable for going AFK in these mission types.

It's an option, and it's fun to do when the person themselves is trying to do it to you. Karma's a fun thing to play with.

6 hours ago, (PS4)the-creeperman said:

That all seems like unnecessary effort. Wouldn't it be better to just finish the mission and be done with them?

If you're in a Sortie Survival or Defense, for example, it lasts a set time anyway. Why not make use of the time? ^^

5 hours ago, Prof.549 said:

It was discussed a billion times before. Yes, it is.

If it has been discussed a billion times before, it appears DE needs to come up with a solution then, huh? No, there's nothing wrong with the complaint. Exit this thread and check what section of the forums you are in. Not all complaints are as well written as they should be, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be addressed.

15 hours ago, Buttaface said:

They do have missions similar to that baked into the game. Similar to how wisps should be tradable or have better acquisition options (had to throw that jab 😜), there should be match making options baked into the game somewhere (min/max. mr preference, min/max frame/weapon level preference and such). Hell, maybe even weapon type requirements and see who all is up to experiment.