The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recommend me a frame pls

Hey can ya'll recommend me a frame to go for next? I'm looking for someone fairly fast and good for clearing out level 20-40ish bounties because I #*!%ed up my first lens placement. Doesn't need overkill damage, I only have the basic mods atm (some of the rare void ones)

So far I have Excal, Oberon, Rhino, Nyx and Nova. Don't feel like I've found my niche yet, Nova is closest. Antimatter drop is fun but gets me killed because I have to stand still with so little armour. I like to use melee a lot and was thinking about putting a lens of some sort of polearm.

I have a couple of potatoes unused as the choice is a bit overwhelming.

N I D U S

Health: Pretty good

Shields: Nothin’.

Energy: Average

Armor: Absolutely delicious

1st ability: Virulence– Cast a wave of infested spikes that deals damage and accumulates mutation stacks. Base damage scales with current mutation stacks.

2nd ability: Larva– Cast a spaghetti/tentacle ball of doom that pulls in nearby enemies. Makes easy pickings for virulence

3rd ability: Parasitic link– Expend one mutation stack to link to a friend or enemy. Allies gain increased power strength. Enemies become your personal bullet sponge. When linked by enemy, Nidus gains percentage based damage reduction, and that damage is rerouted to your link target.

4th ability: Ravenous– Expend three mutation stacks to unleash your inner botanist, coating the area in a patch of infestation. All allies standing in the infestation gain regeneration. Tentacles created by this will spawn small maggots that dart out to attack enemies and force enemy aggro. Maggots damage increases with mutation stacks.

Passive ability: Undying– If Nidus has 15 or more mutation stacks at the time of death, he instead consumes those stacks and has 50% of his health restored and has a 5 second invulnerable period. 

Edited by MrTitan123

I reccomend if you have the plat and a coupon for 50 to 75% off buy mesa you won't regret your decision also buying off the market gives a reactor and a slot and mesa for 50 to 75% off is like 70p while kappa beacons are 5 to 10p each so yea weight your options there.

Build her for energy efficency and strength and you can use shatter shield which is pretty much god mode for 40 to 50 seconds and shooting gallery which jams up enemies weapons within the range peace keeper is effected by your secondary weapon for now and is the main reason to get her.

Second reccomendation is get nekros prime before he is vaulted he is invaluable not sure how much he is on ps4, but of xbox you can get the sys, bp, and neuroptics for 20p ea and chas for 5p. Nekros makes farming in this game much easier for resources anyway as his desecrate is now a passive ability however nekros is more of a let your guns do the work for you type of frame.

Last frame I reccomend is getting ivara, loki/loki prime, Octavia, or ash/ash prime. All of these frames have the ability to go invisible which helps tremendously in spy missions with just a straight duration mod build you can go upwards into 30 to 40seconds of invis for loki.

In order of hardest to obtain would be ivara as farming spy missions for her parts, ash prime "vaulted", loki prime "vaulted", octavia, ash, loki. I threw octavia in there bc she is strong and obtainable through a quest that is relitively easy to complete.

Edited by (XB1)deathopz123

Mag and Volt (Prime) are some of the most fun mass damage & CC (plus Squad support) Frames to me. High Range (Overextended) FTW.

Zephyr is certainly not a bad choice for the Plains in general, what with mobility + being basically bullet proof
in addition to again damage & CC (plus not least, Airburst is nifty to catch persplode a group of Kuakas / grounded Condrocs lol).

Ash is another fun one (for solo play). Invisibility is OP in Warframe, he's nicely mobile and decently sturdy,
high Efficiency Shuriken spam is neato (in part because of the combo of homing + massive Punch Through) even with just Intensify.

Harrow, super high "overshields" that can be replenished. Superior energy regeneration, amazing critical chance buff, ever more amazing fire rate, health regeneration per damage on enemies. Harrow is the most rounded Warframe, and is pretty easy to farm.

11 minutes ago, Errodin said:

Harrow, super high "overshields" that can be replenished. Superior energy regeneration, amazing critical chance buff, ever more amazing fire rate, health regeneration per damage on enemies. Harrow is the most rounded Warframe, and is pretty easy to farm.

I disagree and I will tell you why.

Harrow is not a beginner friendly frame to play as his kit is outshined by trinity and since nuke trinity exists she is better in every way except for giving out and invincibility buff which harrow can and is used for eidolon hunting, but trinity also hunts eidolons so.

For his purpose I think mesa is a great fit.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)deathopz123 said:

Mesa's good and all but I think OP likes melee so recommending a gunslinger frame may not be too relevant to OP's playstyle.

He seems to want a tankier Nova and use a polearm.

So, probably something along the lines of a caster but able to take hits and use melee.

1 hour ago, (PS4)GluttonousOne said:

Don't feel like I've found my niche yet, Nova is closest. Antimatter drop is fun but gets me killed because I have to stand still with so little armour. I like to use melee a lot and was thinking about putting a lens of some sort of polearm.

That said, OP, you should probably watch this:

It might help but if you want something suited to your playstyle, then you really have to look at the abilities on wiki or youtube them.

1 hour ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

You could try Saryn with a polearm.

Or maybe Wukong.

Oh ya, and you could consider Octavia too.

She has buffs that are casts in a spell-like manner and she can be useful with a melee weapon too.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

Frost Frost Frost! Also to the guy who suggested watching Brozime, please dont OP. That guy has mental issues. Let me put it this way, he gives a Frame a bad review because people dont know how to play him right. He makes a review video, and when it comes to a frame he hates he just says this one sucks then moves to the next. He has no business making Youtube videos. Plus he spreads tons of bad information. Get Frost though, he is beast mode! And easy to get.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)DeadFall526 said:

Frost Frost Frost! Also to the guy who suggested watching Brozime, please dont OP. That guy has mental issues. Let me put it this way, he gives a Frame a bad review because people dont know how to play him right. He makes a review video, and when it comes to a frame he hates he just says this one sucks then moves to the next. He has no business making Youtube videos. Plus he spreads tons of bad information. Get Frost though, he is beast mode! And easy to get.

I agree brozime is dumb on alot of his reviews he tries to spend minimal effort to make a video for alot of views I mean excal having A+ around the board biased af and loki worse grade than excal are you out yo mind?? 

Frost isn't as good as he used to be though his globe gets demolished by sortie level enemies now for defense, he moves slower than normal move speed, but he does have amazing cc and his 1 is a deal with you later ability however his normal version is just fine because the only dif between frost prime and frost is +25 shields. I mean there is nothing stopping him getting reg frost so go for it.

Just think there might be better for his playstyle.

Just now, (XB1)deathopz123 said:

I agree brozime is dumb on alot of his reviews he tries to spend minimal effort to make a video for alot of views I mean excal having A+ around the board biased af and loki worse grade than excal are you out yo mind?? 

Frost isn't as good as he used to be though his globe gets demolished by sortie level enemies now for defense, he moves slower than normal move speed, but he does have amazing cc and his 1 is a deal with you later ability however his normal version is just fine because the only dif between frost prime and frost is +25 shields. I mean there is nothing stopping him getting reg frost so go for it.

i agree. frost wouldn’t be a stellar choice but as long as there are others in the lobby with a tanky frame you’re fine 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)deathopz123 said:

Fair enough.

3 hours ago, (XB1)deathopz123 said:

I disagree and I will tell you why.

Harrow is not a beginner friendly frame to play as his kit is outshined by trinity and since nuke trinity exists she is better in every way except for giving out and invincibility buff which harrow can and is used for eidolon hunting, but trinity also hunts eidolons so.

Why does everyone ignore Harrow's 1st ability?  It's arguably my favorite one!  You can casually freeze in place ALL of the hordes before you, then run forward and melee the crap outta them, all whilst restoring your own shields...and when things get REALLY intense?  4th ability for overtime!  He's a seriously great frame! 

And this is all coming from a fellow melee fan, mind you.

Lots of frames are great for melee users, though 🙂 Saryn is, for sure, as is Volt or Valkyr....   Can't really think of a frame that DOESN'T work well with melee.  Hm.. 😕

Get a melle weapon and slap some mods on it
Buy chromatic blade for Excal
Have fun.

Or a Rhino prime with (regular rhino does fine aswell) with ironclad charge augment and get insane armour.

Nidus for long defense/interceptions/survivals runs
Nekros for farming with Creeping Teriffy build (slows everything down, reduces armour).
Chroma Ice tank build