Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is a serious problem.

CrunchyCloud

2 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

No it isn't. This is the only bot I've seen that jumps to bans immediately for triggering the bot. Any other game with such heavy censorship doesn't get very popular. In fact, the main reason Warframe is popular is it's phenomenal monetization system and it's semi addictive gameplay. Even though the gameplay gets stale after a month, they're really only pushing for the new player experience as of late, part of that "new player experience" is having super aggressive, bot controlled moderation to make sure any possible new player always feels "safe".

This.

Anyone who sacrifices liberty for security deserves both. This is an M-rated game. Who is DE protecting with these filters? Themselves?

So far the conduct could be better, but it's far from receiving the outrage that some players want, trying to mobilize the community into hating certain mods isn't going to work in your favor, i for example, support most mod decisions and behavior, especially to children that like to whine alot when they were at fault since the start with stupid jokes and exploiting the chat bot into making something across and not getting banned.

Yes the chat filter can't be aplied to builds and whatnot and could use some tweaking, but they are on the right path.

The only issue i'm am still waiting on a resolve is the partners who at some point violated the rules and for example sold gliph codes and whatnot, that situation dragged for some time and i still don't know if anyone was punished or not, seems like they are being slow on the matter because of convinience but on the top of my mind that's like the worst thing about the moderation.

So this topic is more of a storm in a cup of water, my sugestion is to stop whining and leave the moderators alone, they are for the most part right about the decisions they make, i have no idea what kind of education some players received, but other players and moderators aren't here to babysit you, you come to the chat and you need to behave, period.

Edited by KIREEK
typos

59 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

Someone's name had a word that describes hatred for men in their name and they were promoted to a position of power. Sounds like it breaks community rules to me.

That said, that person's name was a joke. A bad one, but a joke. However, if DE is going to make us recognize that their obvious joke is okay, then our obvious jokes should be okay too. The double standard is appalling.

I'm curious about this name, because there's a word that means a person who hates all of humanity (men and women included) and then there's a word that means a person that hates men (in the particular sense, females excluded). If it's the first, then this is all BS. If it's the second, then HOLY HELL, what were they thinking!?

58 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

So far the conduct could be better, but it's far from receiving the outrage that some players want, trying to mobilize the community into hating certain mods isn't going to work in your favor, i for example, support most mod decisions and behavior, especially to children that like to whine alot when they were at fault since the start with stupid jokes and expliting the chat bot into making something across and not getting banned.

Yes the chat filter can't be aplied to builds and whatnot and could use some tweaking, but they are on the right path.

The only issue i'm am still waiting on a resolve is the partners who at some point violated the rules and for example sold gliph codes and whatnot, that situation dragged for some time and i still don't know if anyone was punished or not, seems like they are being slow on the matter because of convinience but on the top of my mind that's like the worst thing about the moderation.

So this topic is more of a storm in a cup of water, my sugestion is to stop whining and leave the moderators alone, they are for the most part right about the decisions they make, i have no idea what kind of education some players received, but other players and moderators aren't here to babysit you, you come to the chat and you need to behave, period.

As I've mentioned, I don't hate the mods, just think they're misguided and some are kind of rude, but in the case of -removed-, I understand their name was a joke. My issue is why is their joke at the expense of all men okay, but someone else's joke at the expense of a fictional character not okay? I'd honestly respect DE if they said "You know what, okay, you're right, on top of the already banned words and phrases we're adding misandry, cuck, cis, etc" to show they're at least being partial to all sides. If we're going down the super moderation route, at least hold all groups accountable.

Edited by Cleesus
removed name

54 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

So far the conduct could be better, but it's far from receiving the outrage that some players want, trying to mobilize the community into hating certain mods isn't going to work in your favor, i for example, support most mod decisions and behavior, especially to children that like to whine alot when they were at fault since the start with stupid jokes and expliting the chat bot into making something across and not getting banned.

Bringing attention to these behaviors was my intention. I never tried to mobilize an army of angry keyboardists.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

I'm curious about this name, because there's a word that means a person who hates all of humanity (men and women included) and then there's a word that means a person that hates men (in the particular sense, females excluded). If it's the first, then this is all BS. If it's the second, then HOLY HELL, what were they thinking!?

Their name was-removed-, but they changed their name to just "-removed-" after getting called out.

So yes, I wonder how this person was promoted with a name like that as well.

Edited by Cleesus
removed name

4 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

As I've mentioned, I don't hate the mods, just think they're misguided and some are kind of rude, but in the case of -removed-, I understand their name was a joke. My issue is why is their joke at the expense of all men okay, but someone else's joke at the expense of a fictional character not okay? I'd honestly respect DE if they said "You know what, okay, you're right, on top of the already banned words and phrases we're adding misandry, cuck, cis, etc" to show they're at least being partial to all sides. If we're going down the super moderation route, at least hold all groups accountable.

^^^this.

It's the double standard that spawns the controversy.

Edited by Cleesus

13 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

Honestly if DE does that then fair game. They aren't holding a biase and it will be even and more understanding.

Edited by Cleesus
removed name

58 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

This.

Anyone who sacrifices liberty for security deserves both. This is an M-rated game. Who is DE protecting with these filters? Themselves?

Yes. Or rather, their support staff. Every time someone get's offended or annoyed by what someone else writes in chat, they will click that report button, instantly opening yet another support ticket that staff has to look through and act upon one way or another. If there were no filter and no regulation in chat, support would be bombarded with reports made by angry, offended players. There would be absolutely no time for the already overtaxed support team to deal with actual, real in game issues.

There is no developer or owner of a server, who would not rather have real human moderation 24/7. But developers don't have infinite money and unlimited staff. The sole reason anyone would ever deploy software like a chatbot, is to spare the staff. That's why the bot exists. That's it's reason for being there. If you want support to be able to actual offer you real support when something in the game goes wrong, you'll have to live with the bot. Othwerwise support would have their hands full dealing with petty, pointless chat issues everytime you needed them.

3 hours ago, CrunchyCloud said:

Bringing attention to these behaviors was my intention. I never tried to mobilize an army of angry keyboardists.

That's fine. I too don't agree with witch hunts (goes without saying they would easily exacerbate the situation). What I'd appreciate is DE holding their handpicked mods accountable, along with themselves.

1 minute ago, rune_me said:

Yes. Or rather, their support staff. Every time someone get's offended or annoyed by what someone else writes in chat, they will click that report button, instantly opening yet another support ticket that staff has to look through and act upon one way or another. If there were no filter and no regulation in chat, support would be bombarded with reports made by angry, offended players. There would be absolutely no time for the already overtaxed support team to deal with actual, real in game issues.

There is no developer or owner of a server, who would not rather have real human moderation 24/7. But developers don't have infinite money and unlimited staff. The sole reason anyone would ever deploy software like a chatbot, is to spare the staff. That's why the bot exists. That's it's reason for being there. If you want support to be able to actual offer you real support when something in the game goes wrong, you'll have to live with the bot. Othwerwise support would have their hands full dealing with petty, pointless chat issues everytime you needed them.

If that's true then there are far better (and easier) ways to filter that wouldn't auto-ban in the process. A simple chat filter that doesn't show the word would suffice.

The fact people can be banned for certain words shows their bias - or how much power certain mods have to manipulate DE staff.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

Thank you for clarifying and HOLY HELL! I agree that making that person a moderator/guide is wrong, because as a male how could one tell if you're being fairly reprimanded? It's analogous to if they had mods with names like WomanBeater69, KKKlover or HeilHitler88, I would stop playing the game.

Exactly. This is why these kind of things are an issue. Chat censorship is just a symptom of the larger cause.

2 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

That's fine. I too don't agree with witch hunts (goes without saying they would easily exacerbate the situation). What I'd appreciate is DE holding their handpicked mods accountable, along with themselves.

That's what we want. If anything, just a statement from DE - no cryptic, Bungie-style "We are listening." We want actual solutions.

1 minute ago, Sitchrea said:

If that's true then there are far better (and easier) ways to filter that wouldn't auto-ban in the process. A simple chat filter that doesn't show the word would suffice.

Sure. But clearly DE prefers the auto-ban process. They already have a filter that just removes words, but they made the conscious choice to use a bot to ban people instead. That must mean, that's how they want it.

2 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

The fact people can be banned for certain words shows their bias - or how much power certain mods have to manipulate DE staff.

Nonsense. DE staff are all adults. They are not manipulated. They are advised by moderators, and then they make their own decisions based on that advice. Just because they make decisions you don't agree with, doesn't mean they were tricked or manipulated, or that someone has power over them. It just means they make decisions you don't agree with.

I really don't see the point of this thread tbh. You are not in a position to demand anything, nor do they owe you anything. All of this uproar over a bot in chat is ridiculous and childish. Whether you like it or not, DE can ban any word they want and have any moderator they want. These angry threads don't solve anything, but get people into an angry uproar.

3 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Sure. But clearly DE prefers the auto-ban process. They already have a filter that just removes words, but they made the conscious choice to use a bot to ban people instead. That must mean, that's how they want it.

Nonsense. DE staff are all adults. They are not manipulated. They are advised by moderators, and then they make their own decisions based on that advice. Just because they make decisions you don't agree with, doesn't mean they were tricked or manipulated, or that someone has power over them. It just means they make decisions you don't agree with.

Then you didn't watch the video in the OP. Danielle has admitted once before that another Mod led her to believe something that wasn't entirely true. Certain other mods in question have even bragged about getting their way with DE, and these aren't the people to make up something like that. 

And I'm fine with people disagreeing with me. What I am not fine with is punishing people who disagree with you, and that's what an auto-ban is. It's too strong a measure, and was put there at the request of mods who bragged about convincing DE to do it. They have an agenda, and that's not right.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

I really don't see the point of this thread tbh. You are not in a position to demand anything, nor do they owe you anything. All of this uproar over a bot in chat is ridiculous and childish. Whether you like it or not, DE can ban any word they want and have any moderator they want. These angry threads don't solve anything, but get people into an angry uproar.

This thread isn't about chat censorship. That's just a symptom of the cause. I'd highly recommend you watch the video linked in the OP to find out what's really going on.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

it's not about bots

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

Has nothing to do with the bots. They are just a thing that happened. Its about the moderators in the chat doing some things that are against DE's own TOS and are against the policy of being a guide of the lotus. I won't blame you for assuming that first though.

Edited by Vilemyre

3 hours ago, (XB1)Eminem2420 said:

and have any moderator they want.

While true, they need to make sure their moderators are acting accordingly to the Code of Conduct, not above it. It doesn't look good on DE if they're not holding their own moderators to the same standard as every other player.

If you have evidence of moderators abusing their privileges and violating the Terms of Use/Code of Conduct in the game or on the forums, please take a screenshot of the event and submit it with a support ticket to notify DE staff of the matter. As moderators, violations of the Code of Conduct and Terms of Service on our part is a severe issue that needs to be resolved as quickly as possible.

Moreover I'd like to remind everyone of rule 6 regarding complaints; if you have a complaint about how you've been moderated or complaints about how another user (including moderators) is acting in Warframe, file a report on the forums (if it's happening on the forums) or a support ticket if it's happening in the game. Naming & shaming others (including moderators) is not something that is allowed.

Edited by Letter13