Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sacrifice update ruined dojos!

(PSN)Herculxs

The first thing I did when we got the update was to look at the new dojo stuff. But when I got into the dojo all I saw was horrible lighting glitches and shadow glitches. There are objects casting shadows in a room that it isn't even in! There are super bright spots and spots that are pitch black. There are tons of black line glitches when running around my dojo too. Awful job on the lighting. Somehow my dojo turned from awesome to full of annoying glitches. Fix it!

Well, to be fair.

Players found their way around making a dojo where nothing ever casts shadows (or did but these shadows would vanish too easily) on anything. Me for instance, I used to cluster 3 trees together everywhere, because even tho they still wouldn't cast shadows, the treetop would still darken somewhat.

Now we actually have good quality shadows, but we're also found with a new issue, the pitch black spots are somewhat consequence of placing a massive ammount of decorations around without regard for shadows, now that we have them, it's too dark, I guess that turns out sort of our fault. I used to have, A HUUUUUGE count of trees on my dojo. Now I find that if I chop a few down and try to make it so not 2 trees cast shadows on top of each other, I get a very reasonable level of shade beneath.

What I'm trying to say is: work around it. There are already plenty enough clans finding their ways around decorating with shadows and creating pretty fantastic results.

lgqeqavghh011.jpg

It is kinda true though. 
While I like the new lighting options the update #*!%ed up a lot of my dojo's rooms.
In some of them brightness seems to be over 9000 , others got different colors of lights ( I only ever painted my dojo's walls so how comes some rooms have black / blue / red lights instead of default ? ) ; some pieces of furniture's color seem to have changed as well ( bushes turning red ? ) .

Can't wait to experiment once the bugs will be fixed but for now the whole dojo looks kinda odd.

I understand what you are saying, and the room cap is stupid too. As a large clan who has been building rooms for every member we had we have over two thousand rooms already and most of that is energy rooms. The point is, the current update is a down grade from what we had before.

The cursor feels like a last minute job to put us more with the pc players (which will never happen as we are likely never going to have an update at the exact same time for the exact same thing).

The lighting feels like someone decided to play around with a masking tool and put black holes everywhere. Colours also look plastic and lights are far too bright for where they are. 

The new obstacle course room looks okay but the lighting is still on astronomical levels of awful.

Usually I would support Warframe no matter the update, always telling people it’s only temporary and they’ll fix anything too bad. However, I am worried this won’t be changed. I myself really can’t play Warframe comfortably and a huge amount of other players feel the same. Therefore I will likely take a very long break until the game is playable again in my eyes and doesn’t give me a migraine.

I scoped out my entire dojo and everything looks great with just the room colors chosen.   None of the light settings have been changed.  

I was using glacier lighting for mmy Dojo before the patch.   Afterwards, still glacial for now but my trade tower was grey and is now white which I thought looks way better lol.   The ascension altar which was gray has become blinding metalic white though.

All my rooms colors were exactly how I left them..   I think it looks amazing as is....  Im not messing with the lighting options until I get more pigments.   

Cant wait to have a Black dojo with green/red/purple lighting.   

Elevators were pretty dark... lol.