Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Explain to me why the sun rises in the west?

CuChulainnWD

The geomagnetic reversal is one possibility, another is cultural. You exist in a culture where you think that Canada, Alaska, Russia, Santa Claus' workshop, Greenland, etc. Are at the "top" of the world. In other cultures they'd think that you had it totally wrong. Ancient Egypt comes to mind, that fictional waterworld thing where the map was upside down is probably another. 

A good way to think of it, is the way that "real men" do. They're never lost. They always know exactly where they are at any given time. They may not have any clue as to where the rest of the things in the world/star chart are, but really that's not their responsibility is it, to manage where every single thing is? 

TL:DR - "Reasons". 

On 2018-06-06 at 2:23 PM, WhiteMarker said:

Thank god, you didn't read what I wrote.
This way, you get to get lectured.
I wrote "if we keep on using our compasses as they are now", implying we don't change what's written on them.
And if you take a look at Cetus, people there don't really care about cardinal directions. And the Orokin didn't care about them either. They basically lived in space.
So nobody would change, what's written on compasses.
So yeah, I have no clue, why you wanted to make your comment. 

My point is, the way you use a compass doesn't change where the north and the south is, the north & south positions are only determined by their actual positions, not by magnetic fields. That's why there is a differenciation between North & magnetic North

6 minutes ago, Meri_ said:

My point is, the way you use a compass doesn't change where the north and the south is, the north & south positions are only determined by their actual positions, not by magnetic fields. That's why there is a differenciation between North & magnetic North

A compas is only influenced by magnetic fields, that's how he works. And you use a compas to determine where North is

Edited by Oru5732

8 hours ago, Meri_ said:

That only applies if you live in a society that knows where your version of True North is. Or which end of the compass needle is which. 

If there was an ecological collapse or something and humanity needed to leave the planet for a long time, all bets are off, I'm figuring. 

Am 5.6.2018 um 21:49 schrieb CuChulainnWD:

I know the Orokin could defy physics, but that is taking it too far. Perhaps a fix is in order on our map?

i can explain why there is a chance that the sun rises at west on earth

because of some main stupidity to get overpopulation and too much dirt on this planet, created by whom ?

the whole lore of warframe is base on such "possibillities" ^^)

then the earth will shake herself a bit and after this "balancing" the sun will rise in the west, because earth and this entire solar system dont need us to survive, we need earth and the system to survive )))

if you made it up a bit from the usual bottom in valleys to hills where no rock can fall down from some allready instable mountains you will survive and can watch it

just science ... according to warframes sensations in that direction, i enjoy everything what is a good open world ^^)))))))))

Edited by Guest

Why don’t the planets rotate around the sun? Instead they are just sitting there still. 

Why aren’t there more nodes/missions on each planet that become available when the planets rotate? Why aren’t there whether conditions and seasons on earth like winter snow, leaves falling, rain, storms? 

Why can’t hydroid go into the water in the plains?

Its just a game. 

In order:

Because we're in either a state of time compression, dilation or flux where each 'frame' for us is microseconds long so nothing macroscopic moves but our overlooked organisms, hundreds of thousands of years long so every time we look the planets are in the same relative position, or we flip back and forth between adjacent universes each a fraction of a second apart but slightly offset so that the zietgerbers such as suns moving in the sky exist but not the planets moving. 

All the planets were tidally locked by the Orokin prior to a distant star going supernova. While it wasn't enough to fry our planets it obviously means that the 'darkside' of each planet is a ruined, scorched wasteland. 

No self-respecting, spacefaring, terraforming race does not have weather conditioning devices. The Orokin used such devices and much like the Ayatan statues they continue to function. 

Carefully place a drop of water in a cup partially filled with water of a slightly different concentration. Then attempt to remove it. You are unlikely to be able to obtain the same drop. Now add to that the unknown manipulation to the water which makes it safe to touch during the day but not during the night. It's a miracle hydroid can tolerate even short periods near the plains. 

So is chess. 

😉