The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if Ballas could temporary pull on our transference forcing our operator to go out of the warframe?

Kronxito

That's possible.

Then, people with well-equipped warframes and operators will be able to clear the mission easily.

While those with only either well-equipped warframes or operators only will have it a bit harder.

It will reward those who played and put some effort into both systems that DE designed instead of just one.

8 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Details compressed into spoiler.
Nutshell: 2nd Warframe as companion.

Hide contents

At first it may seem so, but then you'd see your Warframe in the transmissions instead of your Operator with a Specter-ified voice (with two versions; one sounding more feminine, and one being the typical masculine tone, dependant on the Warframe's gender). It tries to go Operator, and feels... nothing. Next objective becomes 'sit down and contemplate'. So you sit in a particular area, positioned to be obvious for yourself. Then the scene cuts to your Operator heading to Navigation to drop themselves in via another Warframe (which you control).

Then you arrive at your former Warframe and Transference in. You greet yourself and end up planning the route ahead.

At the end, you get to employ a secondary Warframe instead of a companion, which revives with you (if you and it go down), can be revived (like any companion), can and will try to revive you (if it has AOE denial powers, it will use them, like Excal's radial blind or Frost's ice globe, before reviving you), and can be Transferenced into (meaning you can bring two Warframes to one mission; however, this secondary Warframe will borrow your weapons if you're not using them (i.e: swap to sidearm, secondary frame swaps to your primary, and so on; if it's using a weapon you need, the swap time is about a second longer due to what's happening).

Heh, I like your story justification. You also really sell those mechanics, even if they are just

Spoiler

Specters 2.0

12 hours ago, Oreades said:

Oh god that fight.... that was just ugh..... but eventually it became clear that you literally couldn't lose so every time I ran out of energy I just let them kill me cause it was faster than letting it regent on it's own. 

Go back and replay that boss fight now, with warrior operator mode enabled. 

Trust me.

@TARINunit9, even so, the mechanic is major enough to be locked behind a quest - like Howl of the Kubrow. 

Spoiler

...Though the idea of weapon-sharing between frames could be thrown out for, basically, carrying two loadouts to one mission (i.e: Gara and Frost; Gara for the wall, Frost for the dome which adds another layer of protection; or Saryn and Chroma to make maximum use of Saryn's spores and Chroma's spectral scream to melt enemies due to how effective spores are). 

On 2018-06-09 at 9:42 AM, AnGeL_KRoM said:

Being unable to go back for 10-20 seconds.....

He already cut off Lotus transference and that affected ours.

More specifically, there's mre than likely an override that allows Ballas to either completely shutdown transference or seize control of the Warframe from the Tenno for his own use.

I believe that's why the Tenno don't remember killing the Orokin elite: Because Ballas seized control of all the Warframes present at the ceremony and ordered them to kill all the Orokin elite there.

Ballas killed the Council and all the Elite. Not us.

19 hours ago, Beartornado said:

Ballas will be worse than that. He doesn't just have the know how to disrupt transference, he took lead on designing our warframes too and might be able to turn them against us.

When he says "you cannot defy your creator" on the teaser site, lord help us if he's talking to our Warframes and the Helminth strain.

He couldn't control them without Tenno in the first place.

Also OP is bad. If transference keeps getting #*!%ed with it becomes obvious that it's not a viable option for fighting and shouldn't be used. Ergo, it can't.

Then he's in for a world of hurt since my operator can fokkin body most warframes at this point. 

All Waybounds, plus Zenurik, plus amp, plus arcanes.

I have more health and armor than Nidus, it regenerates, I can fly, become invisible, invulnerable, and ragdoll anything from across the room. 

Go ahead Ballas... make my day...

1 hour ago, Snowbluff said:

He couldn't control them without Tenno in the first place.

1. You don't know that for sure.

2. Oh yes he definitely could. Especially if he worked in a safeguard / override. After all, he oversaw the design of every single Warframe in existence.

If you designed a semi-sentient, humanoid war machine designed to channel void energy and be controlled by possibly unstable kids with psychic powers, wouldn't YOU want to be able to turn them off or seize control in an emergency?

1 minute ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

Go ahead Ballas... make my day...

This begs an important question. Is Ballas REALLY the villain in this quest? He's certainly an important part of it, but he's not necessarily the antagonist we'll be facing.

If he's indeed responsible for slaughtering the Orokin elite by overriding all the Warframes and ordering them to kill...with the intent of avenging Margulis and removing a corrupt government...then I don't think he's quite as bad as some of you make him out to be.