Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are abilities exalted weapons?

RubbleRain

I'm not sure if it was already mentioned in one of the devstreams/prime time/ twitter or whatever, but I was wondering if exalted weapons like Gara's Shattered Lash, Atlas's Landslide, and Khora's Whipclaw will be separately moddable in the upcoming exalted weapons update along with the others like primal fury and exalted blade.

I've heard some say that they won't, because they don't count as 'exalted weapons', but even if they don't have their own move-set they are still 'weapons summoned by warframe abilities' aren't they? It feels like it would be inconsistent if they were not included as they are as affected by mods as any other exalted weapon.

Unless there's a specific reason why they should be left out that I'm not aware of?

Would be nice if Slash Dash scales off Exalted Blade's mods and Iron Jab (if it's still there) scales off The Iron Staff's mods.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, hellodownthere said:

No only ...

Wukong's Staff

Valkyr's Claws

Excalibur's Exalted blade

Mesa's Regulator pistols

Titania's Dex pixia (not sure about her melee)

Ivara's Artemis bow

are going to be moddable

Was this confirmed by DE somewhere?

Also it frustrates me that some exalted weapons will be moddable while some will not. I just can't think of any reason why.

Just now, RubbleRain said:

Also it frustrates me that some exalted weapons will be moddable while some will not. I just can't think of any reason why.

Some abilities that you think are exalted weapons don't actually fit the category as stated by DE. Things like Atlas' punch and Khora's whipclaw. I think it has to do with the fact that it really isn't a weapon as defined by their code. Things like valkyr's claws force a weapon onto the loadout through the code so there actually is a "weapon"

11 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Some abilities that you think are exalted weapons don't actually fit the category as stated by DE. Things like Atlas' punch and Khora's whipclaw. I think it has to do with the fact that it really isn't a weapon as defined by their code. Things like valkyr's claws force a weapon onto the loadout through the code so there actually is a "weapon"

I'm just going to add this little part. If you don't know what is consider an exalted weapon just follow this simple rule. All Exalted weapon follows Excaliburs Exalted Blade ability rule, if it's not similar to that it's not an exalted weapon/ability.

37 minutes ago, RubbleRain said:

Exalted Weapons are the ones those can be toggled such as Excalibur's Exalted Blade , Mesa's Peacemakers , Titania's Dex Pixia & Diwata.

Gara's Shattered Lash , Atlas's Landslide and Khora's Whiplash are considered as Pseudo-Exalted Abilities and won't be moddable.

Riven stats do affect Pseudo-Exalted Abilities , better to keep them as they are.

Not to mention it would mean another 2-3 forma for Khora , after spending 10 formas on her and her kavat.

Edited by Aeon94

44 minutes ago, RubbleRain said:

Those abilities arnt exalted weapons, only abilities. An exalted weapon is a when you cast it, and swap your loadout for the weapon ability.

I mean, I understand the difference between an exalted weapon and a pseudo-exalted weapon, but my point was that the difference between them has absolutely nothing to do with whether they should be modded or not. Pseudo-exalted weapons are still affected by weapon mods, and will pigeon-hole a player's weapon choice just as much as a full on exalted weapon.

I thought the point of this rework was to prevent such a thing from happening, especially since mods on a weapon should not affect the warframe, as those abilities belong to said warframe. 

As for Rivens, I don't agree that they should affect pseudo-exalted weapons in the first place, or exalted weapons. The point of rivens was to empower weak and unpopular weapons through the mechanic of disposition. Pseudo-exalted weapons have their own stats, so they should logically have their own disposition.

Don't get me wrong, I love Atlas to death, but I'd rather his strength be based on a consistent scale rather than earned through the cheese that is my plasma sword riven.

Ah well... guess I'll wait and see. Then complain like everyone else saying "still no separately modded landslide?" in every hotfix.

46 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Psudo-weapons dont have any weapon to them. You do not wield them like a weapon, you move your hand, they appear briefly, and then disappear.

"press # to attack" vs. "press # then E/M1 to attack" isn't really that much of a difference, and is kinda besides the point.

The point is that they're functionally similar, if not the same.

Them being affected by your weapons mods carries the exact same problems that exalted weapons had. Namely, the ability and the weapon will need different mods, and if you do find a weapon that works with the same build, have fun only ever using that one weapon/weapon type.

Abilities and weapons are our bread and butter. Exalted or not, using the same mods means either bad bread or bad butter, and nobody wants that 😛

But like I said, the update isn't even out yet, so I guess I'll have to wait and see before getting TOO salty. Thanks for the info everyone!

Edited by RubbleRain

i think it's annoying when u build these almost - exalted skill.......... well how can u figure out the build of this without open wiki all the times
it would be best if they add slot as the same as exalted weapon

ps.....i'm still hoping for exalted whips not..half....as s whips btw
ruin my long await Sadistic Frame ...damm it