Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino worthwhile to craft?

Flutterella

Question

17 answers to this question

Hi! 

Especially for newer players Rhino is very useful to have as his abilities help you a lot when you don't have all the mods yet and are still learning the game. Especially his 2nd and 3rd ability that help you stay alive and do more damage. And his 4th ability can neutralize enemies around you for some time. 

While Valkyr is usually more oriented towards melee weapons, Rhino helps you with any weapon you are using while also being useful for just about any mission type. So I would say that you probably would enjoy playing him.

I'm not Rhino's biggest fan, but he's worth a place in your roster. Rhino is similar to Valkyr as they both can tank and buff your fellow tenno, but Rhino is more of a team player as Valkyr's kit is more tailored to herself and solo play. I prefer Valkyr, but in a coordinated team a damage buffing or a CC stomping Rhino would bring more to a team.

Rhino is definitely a good addition to your roster.

I never liked bulkier frames but Rhino has his uses that will carry on from early stages of the game to late game. His overall tackiness, CC and buffing mechanics make him well versed and welcomed in most team comps. You literally cant go wrong with him.

It all has good scaling so from Earth to doing Eidolons to running level 60 missions and beyond, he works well.

Yes it is worth having, for 2 reasons:

- he tank pretty much anything under lvl 50 without much care

- a lot of meta groups use a "buff" (for Bere and Eidolon hunt for example). Rhino fit that slot because his 2 is a damage buff.

For those 2 reasons, it's pretty much mandatory in everyone frames roster, and cannot be considered a niche frame.

Edit: next 2 posters also have 2 very good reasons you should have Rhino: Index "bank" Rhino, and he makes some riven challenges downright trivial

Edited by Furadow

5 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Early game maybe, but for late game I'd suggest the immortal undying sand boi Inaros

5 hours ago, (PS4)TheRealTommo said:

Inaros is my favourite undead hero. Although I still unleash Rhino on the odd occasion.

I run Rhino and Inaros, these guys are not nearly the same skill set/purpose. Everyone has answered the original question, yes, if you play warframe you should have a rhino somewhere, but a few words about Inaros:  

• He's relatively easy to acquire (relatively)
  • Because he has no shields he can use Rage and (some set mod) that combine to convert 85% damage to health to energy - which makes channeling melee and using all his abilities all the time virtually free
  • Because his health is huge, the very expensive sentinal mod, Medi-ray is awe inspiring on healing him
  • Because he can blind groups in front of him he is great for finishers - which others can also take advantage of
  • He can spam his life-drain ability and leave enemies for team mates to drain for health (how coool is that?)
  • Said life-drain ability literally has no range restriction, automatically disables one enemny (the bigger, badder the better) and also makes a zombie of the victim when drained (and he's invulnerable while draining)
  • Between the energy from damage and the no shields he's ideal for Nightmares
  • But lacks Rhino's inherent knock and stagger resist  - which is why I switch back to Rhino for PoE
  • And cannot buff damage like Rhino, but then Rhino can't provide healing opportunities
Edited by Canach

7 hours ago, Furadow said:

- a lot of meta groups use a "buff" (for Bere and Eidolon hunt for example). Rhino fit that slot because his 2 is a damage buff.

3. 2 is Iron Skin. 3 is Roar.

Everything is worth building, even if it's just for mastery. But Rhino is also a really good and versatile frame. Iron Skin makes him incredibly tanky, and with the augment makes it almost impossible to die with him; Roar is a great team-wide damage buff (assuming teammates are in range of the initial cast); and Rhino Stomp is a great AOE CC ability.

Rhino is particulary with his iron skin in index (where you farm credits) where you can rack up lots of index points to get loads of bonus points. Is particulary an easy and good warframe for newer players

Until you get Inaros , Rhino can really help with no-shield nightmare missions. You have to be vigilant of your iron skin running out though.

Roar can really help early on against things like Phorid if you havent got high damage yet aswell.

His passive can be a bit annoying , especially on POE.