Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Long Sword in the Game

Drefiliam

Question

14 answers to this question

By long swords do you mean one-handed swords?
Broken War and some of the ZAW combinations are the best.
Krohkur with crit build is fine.
Dakra Prime is... Underwhelming. Probably can get better with a riven, but it has no crit or status potential so its a matter of how much raw damage you can stack on it.

Everything else is meh.

My heat Sword could out dps any of your swords, best status innate fire aoe with 100% proc chance, condition overload, additional element of your choice,  the fact that this weapon is free with a catalyst surprises me, and 5/5 riven dispo? it has slightly less damage unti condition overload kicks in. Its the best because of its fire aoe combos.

Dont know why this gets overlooked. put this on Saryn for even more fun.

Edited by (XB1)Evilpricetag

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

My heat Sword could out dps any of your swords, best status innate fire aoe with 100% proc chance, condition overload, additional element of your choice,  the fact that this weapon is free with a catalyst surprises me, and 5/5 riven dispo? it has slightly less damage unti condition overload kicks in. Its the best because of its fire aoe combos.

Dont know why this gets overlooked. put this on Saryn for even more fun.

what riven and build are you using sir?

35 minutes ago, Drefiliam said:

what riven and build are you using sir?

Virulent Scourge, Volcanic Edge, Prime Pressure Point, Condition Overload, Drifting Contact, Voltaic Strike.

I haven't actually finnished my Riven or formaing it in yet but I run Focus Energy and Dispatch Overdrive for increased electric and channeling damage, a channel kill grants bonus running speed while I prep my combo for its next fire explosion in a croud causing panic. I have yet to try Swooping Falcon Stance, but recommend any other.

It has 64% status chance the fire explosion is 100% + aoe

If you weren't already aware, type FREESWORD into the code section in the marketplace for a free heatsword with a catalyst preinstalled.

What I recommend in a riven here is attack speed and raw damage, they will boost dps both ways. Sliding is not a friend until fire proc is on.

Edited by (XB1)Evilpricetag

On 2018-06-13 at 11:06 AM, Transmorphic_Wyvern said:

it;s totally the plasma sword! Joking aside, the Dakra Prime is pretty darn good. as for with a riven, I really don't know what to say.

it is plasma sword, unironically and completely seriously. 

melee getting reworked

i'd say wait till then if u are not in a hurry

other than that new sword,nikana,rapier coming soon with really great stats, if u dont like currently available sword-like weapons

and if all else fails zaws are always there for your customization