Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NPCs in Dojos

Meerai

Hello,

on the last Devstream you were talking about that there were thoughts on how to implement NPCs in dojos and that players were always asking about them.

I thought as a starter you could implement the syndicates, where you can trade your standing and most importantly your syndicate marks.

The options I was thinking about would be:
1. A set of rooms with one for every syndicate, harbouring one or two NPCs inside to interact with, or
2. A booth with one or two NPCs you can interact with, placable like a decoration inside your dojo, or
3. Just the NPC, which will go around the room he/she was placed in or even in the whole dojo.

The requirement to have access to place/build them beeing to max out syndicate standing.

Recources required:
~100,000 standing
and/or the syndicate decoration
and other sensible recources.

I don't know if someone had thought of this already and/or it was posted here, but I hope it will get some attention.

• Like 2

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Duduminador:

I know I'd fill mine with those female Suda Operatives...

Always depends on how they will implement them, on the Devstream they were also concerned that people might try lewd stuff with the NPCs xD

Great idea on top of that they should add custom researchers for each lab while they are at it. Either Cephalons, humans, Corpus, Grineer or a combination of them. Jordas as the infested researcher would be awesome. Adding living quarters or barracks for them would be a nice touch as well. Guards patrolling would be nice too. Imagine if you could have custom Guardians you can customize  like in overlord Protecting your dojo that would be the best.

5 minutes ago, Ace20035 said:

Great idea on top of that they should add custom researchers for each lab while they are at it. Either Cephalons, humans, Corpus, Grineer or a combination of them. Jordas as the infested researcher would be awesome. Adding living quarters or barracks for them would be a nice touch as well. Guards patrolling would be nice too. Imagine if you could have custom Guardians you can customize  like in overlord Protecting your dojo that would be the best.

I think the Guards would be a great idea and they should add raids on your dojo so your guards can defend along with your help and we can have dog fights outside the dojos as there trying to board and then after there can be NPCs that give reports and you can scout out areas and send your dojo for raids on other areas but you use your own forces lastly you can have clan battles with the dojos  

The issue is pathing for NPCs in a dojo with every Dojo being different to some extent..I think they could get way with something akin to say "No Man's Sky" where you place vendors and quest givers as fixtures attached to I guess a diorama in a base that have animations and conversation wheels.  I'd give the dojo master the ability to edit those dialogue choices and maybe add items from their inventory or say clan donations for rewards certain NPCs could issue to members if they accomplish a Clan quest or challenge.

They could create unique characters for clan members  with being able to edit and add conversation wheel choices..Yeah I know it would be abused by some, but other creatives and story tellers would have a blast.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

Having any kind of life in the dojo would be nice.

Maybe have special rewards for rescue missions in the syndicates that let you place npcs.

How about dojo specific vendors. A place to sell your weapon as is. Let's say you max out the braton but you don't want it anymore. The vendor npc will sell the weapon at the max level for a hefty price. Each addition like forma, or catalysts will drive up the price. The player will have to be the right Mr, but they might have the plat to take the shortcut. If they intend on having people showcase their dojo, these shops will give other players a reason to visit.

• 1 month later...

I seriously think that the idea of having NPCs roaming the dojo is great. Here's some of my thoughts:
 1. NPCs with animation like sweeping the floor, cleaning the wall, or just simply standing there and typing something. Their main jobs are to stay there and make our dojo lively.
 2. Guarding NPCs. Or just make some tenno spectres wandering / guarding in one place. Their weapon loadout will be determined through some projects at Tenno / Orokin Lab. To make this thing really useful and worth investigating in, there will be enemy assaults on the dojo, and those spectres will guard the place. Enemies will attempt to destroy decorations/rooms, which make those decos/rooms go into a "damaged" state and can't be used. Members of the clan can either recruit some NPCs to fix those rooms/decos temporarily, or contribute resources to "fix" the room. Renting NPCs will only cost you a small amount of credits, but it will take time to complete, meanwhile contributing resources will fix them immediately.

Having someone more than your fellow tenno to look at in your dojo is always better than having only stationary decos.

The path finding animations might difficult to work out but having NPCs that show up in one of the labs to do research, hang out around one of the halls or staring out the window of the observatory on a time schedule would definitely give dojo's a more lived in feel. Giving them unique dialog for different times of the day and how long they have been there (if there is a hire option). Beyond that having a Kubrow kennel and an npc taking them for walks around the dojo would be fun to see.

En 13/6/2018 a las 17:22, meerai dijo:

Always depends on how they will implement them, on the Devstream they were also concerned that people might try lewd stuff with the NPCs xD

This game is rated "Mature 17+"

They should let that be.

Meanwhile, people will continue to make giant genitalia and write curse words, and DE staff laughs about it.

Setting that to one side for the moment giving the dojo more of a sense of life and not just in a cosmetic sense of "oh look, people, that's nice" and moving on it should be possible to have small repeatable clan quests given by some of these dojo npcs to get people more involved in the clan beyond a pit stop for research and maybe one exploration to figure out where everything is.  What I mean in reference to clan quests would be collecting something like kubrow eggs and kaveat DNA for a clan kennel or spy missions to get information like the syndicates to give people a reason to use the clan other then to just show up for the research.

There's even the possibility of utilizing the dark sector area's again except instead of alliance vs alliance as it used to be from what I understand there could be weekly missions like the one in maroos bazzar given by an npc to use the clan built solar rail and collect void energy or something and as a response void fissures can open up on the rail requiring the spectres that can be built in the orokin lab.

Is this likely to happen?, no. Would it be amazing to see?, I think so.

it would be great if other npc than syndicat can be implemented. Like for exemple faction npc. 

With a room that permit the spawn of these ncp's like an infested hive room or other type of room for other faction.

Ah! and it would be cool if faction npc can walk outside of the room!! 

(sorry for my bad english)

• 1 month later...

Came up with an idea a bit ago that could be of benefit for this.

Aside of being able to select NPCs from pre-existing list (syndicates, allies and enemies) we could be also able to customize them. The most basic idea for this is to allow to change color of the outfits on the NPCs in same fashion as we do with our warframes and gear. As for color selection that would be a bit tricky, it could be based on the existing and upcoming dojo colors to keep it simple. Other option would be if the game somehow checked what colors members of the clan own but that would be a bit complex.

Another idea with this was the option to add armor and syandanas on NPCs, again same fashion for coloring as mentioned up. As we know some NPCs and characters have armor and syandanas equipped.(Maroo and Myconians for example) Indicating that there is the possibility for this option. However as for how we would be able to select armor and syanadanas is another thing that needs to be figured out. Easiest way would be to allow access to all of the existing armor and syandanas but not sure how DE would feel about this. Other option would be same as with colors mentioned up, the check owned items of clan members but also would be probably a bit complex. Also due it for enemy factions would probably limit it to select few models for customization with this, atleast for the start. Such as Corpus Crewman, Grineer Lancer, Butcher and Scorpion.(Other enemy model NPC's can be still color customized but would not have armor and syandanas to select)

Came up with this idea to allow creation of clan styled allies and custom NPCs (for roleplay purpose mostly). Such as Corpus, Grineer and Operatives (guards in relays and rescue targets) wearing outfits in clan colors with a Clan emblem on shoulder. Or custom NPCs with specific role or theme in the dojo like merchants, workers, scientists, contractors,...

If anything these options surely would help with making the dojos feel even more alive and unique.

Syndicate Rooms in your Dojo with NPCs doing the same thing
Darvo Room in your Dojo doing exactly the same thing he does in the a relay
  Clem Room in your Dojo built off of your Darvo room as a requirement cause now your hiding clem and thats his bud.
Foundry room in your Dojo with access to your foundry with npcs walking around
Research rooms all have consoles that could be staffed with NPCs