Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS] [PC] Update 23: The Sacrifice Quest Bug Report Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Not being able to replay I can't be 100% on the exact cause, but here's what I've found.

During either of the 'hunt for Umbra' missions that you bring along a warframe, if you bring along Octavia you can softlock the mission. When you approach Umbra, deploy your Mallet ability so that he starts attacking it. While he's attacking it stun him and initiate transference. Upon completion of the flashback cutscene you will not trigger the next progression cutscene. Instead you will return to find Umbra just standing there, unmoving. The quest is stuck at 'stun Umbra' but if you stun him all that happens is using transference at any point during his stun animation doesn't do anything. Outside of that time period you will return to your Warframe as usual, but be unable to open the Esc menu to leave the mission. The only method I've found to allow opening the Esc menu again is to first open your gear menu.

I suspect this would occur with any deployable he attacks, but I can't presently confirm it.

Can't progress any further, bug occurs in the search for umbra mission on ceres, using octavia.

I transfere with umbra, get the flashbacks, the second infusion emties and after that, I cant progress.

I'm stuck with the transfere with umbra mission, esc does nothing, pressing the transference button does nothing. i alt+f4 to reconnect but still the same bug.

Edit: Octavia caused the bug, when i equipped loki prime, the bug wasnt there

Edited by tidecallers
found the solution of the bug
  • Like 1

yeah , well im alson unable to fnish this quest.

Im at the *search for umbra* step, and i find him, i stun him, i transference into him and the cutscene plays. But now im stuck here, cause no matter what i press its impossible for me to place that Komi stone. Nothing reacts, relogging, putting it on solo doesnt help. Only way to get out is alt+f4 . Really disspointed  now , :(

Ever since the quest dropped, the Energy Spike ability of the Naramon focus school (which causes melee combos to decay instead of dissipate all at once) has been broken. The same also happened to Zenurik's Energizing Dash (no bubble, no energy regen), but that has since started working once the quest was completed. However all during the quest, in the a few missions since, I keep trying to use Naramon and main melee, only to keep watching my 2X combo stack vanish time and time again. I've tried swapping out with other schools, I've tried clearing all of the nodes and selecting them all again. I can't get it to work, and there's no obvious reason as to why. I've also observed this behavior across 2 different PC's. I've tried different melee weapons, different frames, different missions, and all 3 melee combo extension mods. Built up a 3X combo beating up on Lv120 Grineer Bombards in the Simulacrum, only to see it all go poof 12 seconds (with Body Count) after the final blow.

So yeah, someone broke Energy Spike, which is going to greatly hamper melee mains until that gets sorted.

EDIT:

I've tried even more frames, tried deselecting every node in every focus school except for Naramon and Energy Spike. Trawled old forums posts, and no, switching to Operator Mode didn't do anything to fix the problem either. Heck, I even uninstalled and reinstalled Warframe because I had the time. None of that has fixed the melee combo stack from vanishing instead of degrading in increments of 5. 

Edited by EvolutionKills
Additional information

my problem is that i cant play the sacrifice missions it only crashing and going to desktop after i downloaded the update it was pressure first it crash before the log in screen then it crash after the log in screen then it crash after i look at the helmet then it crash after the mission load up then it crash after i destroy the weed blocking the door and after each crash it minimize  and goes straight to my desktop 

I was playing The Sacrifice and I finished the confrontation with Ballus. Then I was modding Umbra and I went to my Mod Station, there I messed with some things, then I was given the achievement The Sacrifice. Despite not doing the conclusion. Please help, I really want to play the conclusion and not watch in off of YouTube.

RE: Bug on "Pursue Umbra" Mission on Neptune
Warframe Used: Octavia

I previously had the bug where, when you manage to enter transferrence with Umbra and enter the cutscene with Ballas, I was still stuck with Umbra posing about and the mission objective was still to enter transferrence with Umbra, with Ordis saying that it is your chance to use transferrence whenever you try to void blast him.

The FIX for me was that, after restarting the game and going through the mission once more, when you have lowered Umbra's shields, DO NOT immediately void blast and engage transferrence. Wait a little while. Then, try again. It worked for me :)

EDIT: It has come to my attention that, after seeing many other responses, that it could be that warframes used to distract Umbra, like Octavia, could cause the error. Ensure that Umbra is NOT DISTRACTED to resolve this bug.

---

EDIT:

RE: Problem with "Update Failed! Some content could not be downloaded from our servers!"
Just adding this since I had experienced this problem as well.

This issue has been addressed in other forums. You can type the error message in Google and you should be able to find it (I try not to link things here for safety reasons).

What WORKED for me was to install a Virtual Private Network (VPN) that gets you to connect to a different country's server. I used hide.me VPN. Create Account -> Confirm Account -> Download the VPN -> Open the application -> Change connection at bottom right of the application interface -> Once it connects, be ready to start Warframe before the free version runs out (I think it has limited time or sth.).

Edited by PVTApples
Additional bug to write about + Edit on Bug #1

on the search for umbra quest in ceres i stun him with operator and then use transference and play chest with the guy but once that cus scene is over and you leave the memory umbra is just standing there and it's telling me to stun him and use transference again but it wont work.

went and did the mission again but didn't use octavias first ability this time and everything worked fine :v

Edited by Bladimirr

1 hour ago, WatchNObserve said:

i've updated my game but it still stuck when it finishes with this written

Update failed!
Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers.
Please restart Warframe to try again.
The update will be restarted shortly..

DE please fix this ty

Oonly way it solved it for me is manually deleting local game cache then starting updater to redowload 23GB of game data. 

\AppData\Local\Warframe\Downloaded\Public\Cache.Windows\

Hi all, every time i try to explore Pavlov on Lua , during the Sacrifice second mission, i get stuck in mid loading screen. The second (Explore Lua) mission simply will not load and i can't progress further into the quest. I have no problem while playing any other part of the game including the Plains of Eidolon. My system specs are as follows : 1) Windows 10 Home 64bit / 2) Amd A8-9600 Apu 3) Msi B350 gaming plus motherboard / 4) 8 Gigs 2666 Mhz DDR4 Ram . Also the Evolution Engine stops responding and i have to manually shut it down via the task manager.

Edit : Also i have no problem running the regular spy mission on Pavlov/Lua

Edited by Yperkeimenos

I still can't use my controller for steam and access the submenu to invite players, block, mute, etc... In chat.  

I now can't, since this last update, leave a team while playing a mission... The option is there I just can't select it with my steam controller.

I STILL can't progress through the Sacrifice Quest because when I get to the Komi have stage it doesn't recognize that I'm trying to place a stone... I've tried with my steam controller, Xbox controller and keyboard and mouse.... No luck. It doesn't even recognize that I'm trying to place a stone.

If you guys having trouble during "Pursue Umbra" where after watching cutscene he freezes, maybe try redoing the mission with warframe that doesn't use any deployable to distract umbra, I was using octavia and used her first skill and after that Umbra froze after the cutscene, yet after I changed it to Rhino, it works! Not sure if it really is the case, but try it, it won't hurt.

Exalted Blade stance on Umbra is at 1 of 3 and regular Excal is 3 of 3. Both leveled to 30. Have not found a way to interact with the exalted stance. I have put 1 forma into Ubrma's Exalted blade.

Also Umbra's exalted blade does 1/2 the damage as normal Excal's exalted blade.

Ok so when i go to the quest "Confront Umbra" to get umbra this happens and idk why, i can't even do the mission:

2EFAD998AF5A95AB8CA76639BB04D29FCB6D55A9 (1280Ã720)

i tried to abort missiona dn when i got to the orbiter i got umbra, just like that. then i tried the mission again and this happened:

0D8981C50E65CA7E06A53717FBA2B8FC2E929B56 (1280Ã720)

and then i fall of the map:

3D01739B355F2FE2B4CB69055F6EE7A3042A6ABE (1280Ã720)

Edited by youndo

Well here's the idea, I got through it by what someone posted it really helped. When confronting Ballas you must use your VV EDIT: Wrong button lol. This is to help people that can't get through the confrontation and get that weird looping issue like there is dialog but none is being said after you sheath your weapon.

Spoiler

Operator Mode Num 5 on your keyboard.

then after that you MUST kill the last sentient being with said mode so that you can get to the cutscene because the cutscene requires you to be in "spoiler" mode  so that you can control the dialog in which you either do either of the 3 options given. i will not spoil it but however give that a try. 🙂

Edited by Stulthy933

Were Excalibur Umbra, Skiajati, and everything to do with both of those removed from player inventories? I'm having a weird issue where I still have my Skiajati equipped, even though it's not in my inventory, and I've also lost my Umbra.

https://i.imgur.com/WK9V0JQ.jpg : proof I've completed The Sacrifice.

https://i.imgur.com/D80t9Cz.jpg : proof I have mastery of Umbra.

https://i.imgur.com/9rZkYGY.jpg : yet Umbra is missing from my inventory, this is where he should be.

https://i.imgur.com/2CxcHV5.jpg : however, I still have my Skiajati equipped...

https://i.imgur.com/0Uggisj.jpg : but it's missing from my inventory, too.

https://i.imgur.com/4bupaUm.jpg : also, as a side note, all of Umbra's animations are missing as well.

EDIT: After a quick restart of my game, Umbra and everything to do with him are back in my inventory, problem resolved

Edited by Eric_Foxtail
problem solved itself