Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS] [PC] Update 23: The Sacrifice Quest Bug Report Megathread

[DE]Danielle

10 hours ago, Pfysicyst said:

I was about to fuse an Exilus Adapter to Umbra, but clicked cancel. Had a loading screen as if I'd hit yes but it never finished, had to close the program.

Same...='/
I've pressed ESC instead of Cancel (same).

Patch 23.0.1

I'm at the point of the quest when it says to "confront umbra" on Tycho, Lua, after acceding the fourth Vitruvian layer. In the loading screen for the mission, either the loading bar stops at a fixed place (usually it doesn't progress past 50% or so, I can still move the orbiter) or the game straight up stops responding and freezes (in this case the only thing working are the sound effects). The only thing that stops is the game, I can still use the Pc if I open another window and there's still lots of available ram, I switched to min settings for graphic and nothing changes. Restarting the game does nothing.

Edit: Three days later the problem is still here. I tried anything that came to my mind (clicking on mission with operator, with different frames, changing some graphic settings, etc.) but i still can't progress on the quest. I noticed i have umbral mods (I don't know if I'm supposed to have them at this point) but I don't have excal umbra.

Edit 2: More than a week has passed and everything is as it was. If I click on the mission node while on operator the loading bar gets stuck at about 50%, if I click with a warframe it fills up but the mission still doesn't start.

Edited by Rugenio
Update

Hey, i just finished the Sacrifice, and I must say it was masterfully done ! Now I can't wait to discover what'll happen next (sadly, it'll probably have to wait for another year, but if it's made of the same quality as the previous cinematic quests, I'll happily wait ^^)

Now, I just want to let you know about a bug I encountered, somewhere during the last "conversation" between Ballas and Umbra, I think. When Ballas stood up, his cape's animation didn't trigger, so he was stuck with what looked like a rigid sign underneath his arm. That kinda pulled me out of my immersion, but luckily, the rest of the quest was almost bug-free. 

Also, I'm not sure if this is actually a bug, but during the first mission on Lua, when I did fire at the Sentients, sometimes it would damage them, and sometimes no damage numbers would show up, not even a 0. It was as if I hadn't shot them.

Well, I just want to say a big thank you to everyone at DE, who are all doing an amazing job with making Warframe the best F2P ever. It really blows my mind how the game evolved in these past years, and I wasn't even there from the beginning !

Shoot sharp and have fun !

So I seem to have encountered a series of bugs related to umbra (and maybe excal/exalted weapons as a whole):

I played in a pub game in which i was not the host (~200 ping) and when I deactivated exalted blade while having a heavy landing, the exalted blade model would still stay. Once this happens, if you try to take out your exalted blade again, you will be unable to use any other abilities/ deactivate it again. One time when I went out of bounds to release myself from that glitch, using exalted blade again gave me a 0 energy cost exalted blade (with no visual model) that had the stats of my melee(skiajati) instead of an exalted blade with chromatic blade + a different build.YLKfcgH.png

rJmLzsF.png

Additional Info:

Mission: Tycho, Lua

excal build included chromatic blade for electric

sorry if im just sending a SPAM but here is the thing, after i update my steam warframe update failed message keep appearing, im already re download, and update my warframe, but nothing works, anu suggestion? i heard some people say its about vc redist, but i cant find any good link to download it, since on microsoft site its not complete,( looking for from vc redist 2005 - 2017)

1 hour ago, Eric_Foxtail said:

Were Excalibur Umbra, Skiajati, and everything to do with both of those removed from player inventories? I'm having a weird issue where I still have my Skiajati equipped, even though it's not in my inventory, and I've also lost my Umbra.

https://i.imgur.com/WK9V0JQ.jpg : proof I've completed The Sacrifice.

https://i.imgur.com/D80t9Cz.jpg : proof I have mastery of Umbra.

https://i.imgur.com/9rZkYGY.jpg : yet Umbra is missing from my inventory, this is where he should be.

https://i.imgur.com/2CxcHV5.jpg : however, I still have my Skiajati equipped...

https://i.imgur.com/0Uggisj.jpg : but it's missing from my inventory, too.

https://i.imgur.com/4bupaUm.jpg : also, as a side note, all of Umbra's animations are missing as well.

EDIT: After a quick restart of my game, Umbra and everything to do with him are back in my inventory, problem resolved

I had a similar situation during the quest itself. When I first equipped Umbra, after the cutscene where Umbra escapes, I started the next mission without checking my layout. I loaded into the mission, and my equipped Warframe turned out to be... Umbra. Little odd, but okay. After that mission, I went to mod my Umbra, and I switched to regular Excal so I could copy my loadout. But when I went to re-equip Umbra, he wasn't in my inventory anymore.

After I finished the quest, I had no problem finding him or the Skiajati in my inventory.

i'm at the point of the quest when it says to "confront umbra" on Tycho, Lua,when the camera goes to umbra face,nothing happens, i read there's a dialogue with free choices,but nothing happens,i am right now looking umbra face,only opening the chat menu.the dialogue don't start.

p.s i have low fps and not a good computer maybe this is the problem?

A number of small issues and notes about the quest:

Scans in the first part of the mission are too difficult to find, I see people in chat complaining about it constantly (and I find it quite annoying myself).

After trying to equip Umbra during the quest and it goes berserk, you get switched to your previous frame/loadout. But after one mission I was switched back to umbra, where I could customise and select it for the mission, despite the next mission still being "chase down the umbra".

Fight with umbra needs to be balanced. He is way too strong. He just stunlocks you with eb/abilities and shaves you down slowly, while your operator deals almost no damage to him. It took forever to bring his shields down even with the best amp (and I barely survived with my very tanky operator).

I was having an experiment on the exalted umbra blade when this happened... as you can see they have different stats 1st one with 100% sc the other got 15% not just the SC the other as well...bug_zpsqdmigbym.pngbug1_zps8lcsoc3a.png

Edited by --BFG--Vonn
additional content

Just want to report another bug. 
I'm on the quest "pursue Umbra" on Neptune. 

After the cinematic where i get forced by Ballas to make the move on the game board, the sequence ends straight after the game force placed a stone and i'm back in the mission. So the video sequence does not finish! 
It still tells me that i should use Transference on Umbra if i try, nothing happens. 

Tried to restart the game.. get the same bug over and over again. Any suggestions or do i have to wait for a hotfix? 

ezgif-1-80afc44ae1.gif

Edited by Drogpa

When i come out of the transferance scenes my it says use transferance rather than progressing the story. The first time i did it three times before it worked. Ive still been unsuccessful after the third attempt on the neptune mission.

please explain somehow ok. i almost completed quest Sacrifice  now on last stage"conclusion" i got back to ship where icon would show that quest is completed. but game stops on loading screen and says PLEASE WAIT. what should i do?downloaded again verify and optimize cache also restarted PC. but no use after logging into game in 2 min that thing pop up and game stops. Let me enjoy THE game.

Since this update i've noticed when i try to add an exilus adapter to any warframe i get locked in a loading screen saying 'Please Wait...' wheni try load a mission or travel anywhere in general i 2/3 times get stuck in the loading screen.

40 minutes ago, Drogpa said:

Just want to report another bug. 
I'm on the quest "pursue Umbra" on Neptune. 

After the cinematic where i get forced by Ballas to make the move on the game board, the sequence ends and i'm back in the mission. 
It still tells me that i should use Transference on Umbra if i try, nothing happens. 

Tried to restart the game.. get the same bug over and over again. Any suggestions or do i have to wait for a hotfix? 

ezgif-1-80afc44ae1.gif

I'm stuck on the same bug, aborted the mission, restarted the game, nothing works, happens always the same. Guess I'll have to wait a hotfix :/