Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

[SPOILERS] [PC] Update 23: The Sacrifice Quest Bug Report Megathread

[DE]Danielle

23 minutes ago, LIEBUST00 said:

the glitched I have is the last quest mission that Operator and Umbra going to meet Valas at Lith, Earth.

I killed all the sentients, but after kill all the sentients, the Valas said anything, my warframe and Operator just being one

without any weapon.  Finally, the quest are keep freeze at this moment, and only I can do is get out the mission and try again.

I don't want to spamming or said come to my stream, but I'm streaming at twich at this moment that you can check.

I tried 5 times, and everytime, it stopped at this time.

I don't know how to fix this glitch or how to move to next chapter.  So, please answer me how to finish this mission.

solved. thank you guys

1 hour ago, Woebetidethee said:

Switched from Umbra to another frame before trying to do the last mission in the questline, now when I switch back to Umbra the arsenal menu is completely non-responsive and I can't close it. Shutting down does no good either since it just puts me back in the previous frame so the last mission is non completable.

Same problem for me. Wanted to color and mod the fella asap, but wanted him to have his own loadout slot and now i'm incapable of continuing. Esc and clicking seems mostly out of commission, tho i was able to click chat box and the button with my loadout's name. Thought i found a workaround since i was able to switch loadout and then if i went to switch back i could see that he was equipped as he should be, but upon closing game and reopening it reverted back.

Hey guys, I found a fix for those of you with the arsenal bug, though it requires the help of a friend. You'll need to invite someone into your party, then go into arsenal and equip Umbra. Then have your friend force start a mission.

Fix the softlocks in arsenal as well as everywhere else that occur when equipping Umbra in the arsenal. Also, please fix the no-cutscene issue at the end of the quest as well. These are softlocks that should have been playtested out of the storyline before this was released.

After obtaining Umbra and returning to the orbiter, I switched to a different frame and upon switching back to Umbra my arsenal bugged out and wouldn't let me leave, rendering any form of progress impossible.

Having the same problem as a lot of people around here- I beat the Sentients when finally facing down Ballas, but he just stands there and the quest never updates or goes forward. Unable to use weapons, can move freely but trapped and unable to progress. 

It wants me to go on after the 4th entry with a sword equipped, but it wont let me access anything, therefore I cannot equip a sword. And therefore everything is broken and I cannot progress.

EDIT - Enter a different mission, leave, equip a sword. Fixes the issue.

Edited by EternalEngima0123
bug solved.

7 minutes ago, Shoryuu said:

Yes because we get impatient and DE tries their best and then bugs happen and hotfixes come right after. Idk why the console people are complaining about getting the quest later than us, we're the beta testers essentially. We find all the bugs and stuff and they get the polished version 

Because I noticed something eight months ago, during the time I'm downloading "Plains of Eidolon" at nighttime, the update slew down and then the "Update Failed" note popped up. THis happened like more than five times.

The next day, I resume updated it, and it worked out in the end. Is it because so many people are finished downloading a big Update on a launch day?

And then there's the posts about not being able to finish "The Sacrifice". Do bugs always happen in every main quest after being released on the launch day?

Edited by zerofighter005v

FIX PLEASE READ: FIX FOR LAST MISSION BUG

During the fight with the sentients you can use umbra all you want, but KILL THE LAST ENEMY WITH YOUR OPERATOR.

This will trigger the cinematic cut scene and allow you to finish the quest.

BUG: Cutscenes aren't skippable. Esc and space do nothing and I'm forced to wait while mostly-static animation acts out badly written fanfic. (Or worse, voiceovers over a line drawing.)

Edited by Amarsir

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngOnce I acquired Excal Umbra i wanted to level up the mods i had gotten for him but needed endo. As i didn't want to bring Umbra into the bazaar i switched warframes then went to the bazaar. Afterward when i came back to the orbiter i went to switch back to Umbra only to find that once i did i was unable to access anything aside from my profile, and umbra abilities. However once re logged i come into the game as umbra and phase into valkry (this is b/c i used a load out that had her as my warframe on) and worked as normal. however for the last part of the quest which requires Umbra is currently impossible as the same bug with switching to Umbra persists even after several relogges. Outside of Umbra everything is still fine so long as he is not equipped. The nikana is also fine for use and does not bug  my game out at all. 
Other Notes:
Umbra there as my warframe log in screen if i closed the game with him equipped
Even after switching load outs the bug persists and i cannot exit arsenal screen without force closing

I am only able to check the abilities of Umbra once the bug is initiated, even when i switch load outs.
the button to look at the abilities is not animated and does not indicate that it can be clicked. 

mods connected with Umbra are unaffected can still be upgraded 

Edited by tamergeko
added images

1 minute ago, -Palastan- said:

During the fight with the sentients you can use umbra all you want, but KILL THE LAST ENEMY WITH YOUR OPERATOR.

THIS! I did the entire fight with my Operator and It worked and the cutscene played

2 minutes ago, zerofighter005v said:

Because I noticed something eight months ago, during the time I'm downloading "Plains of Eidolon" at nighttime, the update slew down and then the "Update Failed" note popped up. THis happened like more than five times.

The next day, I resume updated it, and it worked out in the end. Is it because so many people are finished downloading a big Update on a launch day?

And then there's the posts about not being able to finish "The Sacrifice". Do bugs always happen in a main quest every time after being released on the launch day?

Bugs always happen on launch day. It's why DE chose to release the sacrifice on a thursday instead of a friday, because last time they did, they spent all weekend doing hotfixes for us 

Just now, Dread_Stalker said:

In the last mission where you return to Earth, when you finish killing the sentinals the cut scene will not play. Reseting the game fixed it though

Use Oporator and the Cutscene will play

Just now, gswaney said:

Can't get past fight near end where where you encounter Ballas and then fight a group of sentients. After the fight nothing happens no prompt no speech just sitting there.

5 minutes ago, Shoryuu said:

Bugs always happen on launch day. It's why DE chose to release the sacrifice on a thursday instead of a friday, because last time they did, they spent all weekend doing hotfixes for us 

Then is it wise not to download a big update and play the main quest immidiately at launch day and instead wait for the next day or a few more before doing so?

Edited by zerofighter005v

Just now, Dread_Stalker said:

Didn't let me. i could only move around. couldn't use any weapons i already fixed it by reseting the game though  

1 minute ago, gswaney said:

Can't get past fight near end where where you encounter Ballas and then fight a group of sentients. After the fight nothing happens no prompt no speech just sitting there.

same thing happened to me try reset the game