Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'The Sacrifice' End Game Content (Spoilers)

I was quite disappointed that we didn't get the Vitruvian at the end of our quest. It held so much valuable information and even some of the orokin alphabet, many of which was left undiscovered. This could've been used in such a good way to give us something to do by allowing us to search and complete the whole alphabet. Additionally, that space in the ship where we've implemented the Vitruvian would've been perfect for it and I was expecting it to be another segment for the ship, but alas it was not.

Edited by Gweredith

tbh the last good quest was second dream and tww, after that.... better don't talk.... at some point i was hyped for this quest but once I've done it, I've changed my mind

spoiler alert 

Spoiler

also at some point hunt umbra using umbra? why not let us use our warframe from the beginning up to 3/4 of quests, where we enter into symbiosis with Umbra....

DE actually revealed what Warframes are made of, which is one of the most longest standing mystery in the lore, that's a sufficient reward for me at least. 
Also with the addition of "Umbra" mods, that strongly suggests there are more Umbras out there, not just Excalibur.

15 minutes ago, Campaigner said:

The real question is what the heck does Ballas want with Lotus and what exactly is her connection to Margulis.

The vitruvian tablet he left behind that we found, the thing the Tenno were slowly unlocking, he intentionally sent that to Hunhow and it detailed the secrets of how the Warframes are remotely controlled by void children. The Excalibur Umbra was formed from a Dax who spied on and found out this betrayal Ballas orchestrated which is why he was forcefully converted and tortured the way he was. That's what the whole exchange between Ballas and him was in the memory.

This quest bridges the gap between it all, Ballas has allies in the sentients, he brought about the destruction of the empire out of grief for the loss of his lover Margulis. He kept seeing a common theme of the creations of the Orokin turning against them and so he picked the winning side and possibly even made a deal that would save his lost lover (though that is unknown at this time now that the Natah sentient has returned to Tau).

All of his actions are vengeful, he's likely just as mentally broken as Excal Umbra was on some level. Given how things turned out I suspect both he and Hunhow were unexpectedly betrayed by Natah, and maybe the next quest will reveal that what remains of Margulis had a hand in the betrayal that destroyed the Orokin but preserved the Tenno/Warframes who were merely victims of the Orokin's cruelty.

Lotus is at best an amalgamation of Margulis(human/Orokin) and Natah(sentient), they both care for the Tenno but they are tied to Ballas and Hunhow as well, one as a lover and the other as the offspring. But I guess those answers are for the next quest, presuming the man in the wall doesn't take the spotlight first.

Edited by Beartornado

20 minutes ago, PhantomCrosz said:

DE actually revealed what Warframes are made of, which is one of the most longest standing mystery in the lore, that's a sufficient reward for me at least. 
Also with the addition of "Umbra" mods, that strongly suggests there are more Umbras out there, not just Excalibur.

Not to mention the Tau Resist stat on the Umbra Warframe mods, that and the quest's cliffhanger ending tells me we're going to be heading in Tau in the near future, and the Umbra variant may well be the best equipped to deal with whatever lays beyond.

This quest feels lacking comparing, but I'm seeing this quest as DE laying ground work. With the first Umbra now in our hands I feel it's safe to say this isn't the end of, but the beginning of something else. Perhaps we'll learn more about Umbra's roles at Tennocon.

Edited by Man_In_Suitcase
Additonal thoughts.

1 hour ago, Beartornado said:

This was not a quest 3 years in the making, you've simply been aware of Umbra for 3 years.

😤I swear every time I see this complaint posted....😤

Actually concept of umbra(independent frame) existed more then half a year before the war within, we know that from leaked orginal scrpit for the war within quest that was supposed to include umbra, it even outright said what umbra is so it wasnt small part in quest, so people who saw script already known what is umbra, I saw it by chance but I didnt found out from it what is umbra I actually already pieced it together soon after second dream quest, based on what was said by hunhow about stalker and based on actions of our frame after it got stabbed., script only confirmed it for me.

With that in mind I want to say that just because I known that our frame will move independently doesnt mean I was disappointed by this, what disappointed me was that there wasnt more to this system, a while ago steve heavily implied that umbra will come with its own system on par with focus/focus 2.0, what we got is nowhere near that. I know its hard to imagine what kind of system can come with independent frame but I can give you simple idea right now: combo moves between umbra and operator, for example:

-attacking same enemy together can lead to some special attack

-channeling your energy(using your operator beam/amp on umbra?) into umbra to amplify and/or give special properties to his attacks.

-using void blast on umbra to release shockwave all around umbra.

and more.

my second problem with the quest is what some people already pointed out, there is nothing left to do after you finish it, in previous quests you gained access to new titlesets and/or gained new weapons to level, this time we got nothing, umbra and new weapon come maxed out , yes you can use forma's on them but its not same thing as maxing out for the first time since you arent progressing toward next rank so you dont get feeling of progress like you normally do when maxing out weapon for the first time, also some people may not care about  this new nikana, so since its already maxed out they will simply leave it behind in storage not to touch it again since they dont have reason to touch it again. The fact that there was lack of new weapons being added to game lately makes this worse, I was disasppointed recently that there is lack of new weapons in game but I was patient since I was expecting few weapons being added with this update since big updates always bringed multiple weapons, this one didnt, right now I feel exactly like I felt before this update come: "I hope new content will come soon..."

EDIT: I just looked at tennoclock site and in their "in development" page under "umbra" section there is link to devstream 74 where DE says they are activly working on umbra....devstream 74 was happening on 13 may of 2016...

Edited by Culaio

2 hours ago, FunJester said:

I understand your pain, man. The Second Dream quest introduce us to a new planet(Lua) for the quest and operator with focus school. The war within also introduce us to operator transference, riven, and kuva fortress. I dont mind with short and interesting cinematic quest like The Sacrifice but i was hoping DE might introduce to new game mechanics for this new quest to help warframe veteran and newbies alike to keep them engage like grinding for new item or loot or introduce us to new tileset to explore. 

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I EXPECTED. Something to do after the quest, and not just this "That's all folks" *turns off the lights*

The feels after the sacrifice quest.

Spoiler

Boom and it happened, left me so empty after all the possible hype and 11 months of waiting. and so many items unchecked like:

• Who did we have to sacrifice?  
  • What choice were given to concerning them? What? who was sacrificed?
  • Where is the romance between Lotus and Ballas? He took her by the hand man
  • Why did evil deeds result in sun icons and vice versa?
  • Why isn't the new melee a dual big two handed Nikana weapon like the melee rework? what how what?
  • AI Umbra? Awesome but why not AI 2.0? Umbra spectre + AI Umbra? try it.
  • Why was it short and sour?

I have to say, it's not DE's fault, they did not over hype this, it's you. the community. it's me, too much possible lore videos.

On the plus side, the visuals are stunning, even though half the time the game switched to 800x600 resolution. I have Excalibur Umbra, I should be happy.. Why am I not Happy??

2 minutes ago, Culaio said:

my second problem with the quest is what some people alrady pointed out, there is nothing left to do after you finish it, in previous quests you gained access to new titlesets and/or gained new weapons to level, this time we got nothing, umbra and new weapon come maxed out , yes you can use forma's on them but its not same thing as maxing out for the first time since you arent progressing toward next rank so you dont get feeling of progress like you normally do when maxing out weapon for the first time, also some people may not care about  this new nikana, so since its already maxed out they will simply leave it behind in storage not to touch it again since they dont have reason to touch it again. The fact that there was lack of new weapons being added to game lately makes this worse, I was disasppointed recently that there is lack of new weapons in game but I was patient since I was expecting few weapons being added with this update since big updates always bringed multiple weapons, this one didnt, right now I feel exactly like I felt before this update come: "I hope new content will come soon..."

That's understandable, and I think their focus on the next big Plains project is likely diverting their efforts. The first plains project was not underway when TSD and TWW were being done, that alone is one massive tileset in itself to be designed. I can let that slide, but I'd hope they're able to get the Venus plains out sooner than PoE last year was and since they already have that experience then maybe it will go faster and smoother.

Technically it's not over until Tennocon hits, there they'll have to answer for what's next, how soon it is and what we can expect.

5 hours ago, Vargras said:

DE didn't hype Umbra. The community did.

Y'all are the ones that were demanding we get it. You got it.

Don't know what you expected, really.

Yeah this, Umbra wasn't even supposed to be known about was it?  Wasn't it discovered by some idiot datamining or something?

It all seems fairly good to me, I'd put it below TSD but slightly above the Harrow quest, mostly in terms of it being quite emotional and finally having the lore reveal.  Although as always with DE's lore extensions, it seems to create more mess in terms of having to retcon stuff about previous warfame lore - but that's always been the case.  (I don't know why they don't have a proper s-f/fantasy writer full-time on knocking the lore into some sort of coherent shape, I mean it's almost a great lore system, rich and imaginative, but it has lots of annoying lumps and bumps.)

Umbra is a decent enough variant.  I predicted long ago that DE would reveal the warframes as infested and semi-sentient in some way, thus opening up the possibility of using them as souped-up Specters at some point, or even pets proper, with commands.  I'm sure they'll introduce pet commands at some point, probably so that you can do some tricksy sequence with the Sentients proper in the endgame proper.

1 minute ago, Toran said:
  Hide contents

We hadn't to sacrifice anything. Dax had. Who? His son, unwillingly, forced by the infested corruption that took hold of him.

What was he's options though? What did he get in return? Was it him sacrificing? for what gain? Dax was a victim, we never had to choose between sparing him or he's son for instance. It was one rollacoster ride with zero options and absolutely no sacrifice done by anybody.

10 minutes ago, E-N-E-R-G-Y said:

The feels after the sacrifice quest.

Hide contents

Boom and it happened, left me so empty after all the possible hype and 11 months of waiting. and so many items unchecked like:

• Who did we have to sacrifice?  
  • What choice were given to concerning them? What? who was sacrificed?

I have to say, it's not DE's fault, they did not over hype this, it's you. the community. it's me, too much possible lore videos.

On the plus side, the visuals are stunning, even though half the time the game switched to 800x600 resolution. I have Excalibur Umbra, I should be happy.. Why am I not Happy??

Spoiler

Pretty sure the sacrifice is "all" the people who got turned, which you really should have guessed from the old dood in his bed that ended up killing his son, his humanity was certainly sacrificed, and a whole bunch more poeple in order to try and bring a controlable warframe to fruition which we all sit here controlling with our operators.