Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILER] Doppelganger Operator has new dialog after The Sacrifice

OrangeKing64

So I go back into my orbiter and get into some new dialog from that doppelganger operator

DO: Feeling better Kiddo?

Operator: I killed him. I killed Isaah.

DO: Is that what you think?

O: Yeah

DO: Good *Vanishes* 

Tell you what that was pretty cool. That may not be exactly what they said so any different info would be cool  

I was alt screened and came back into the Game,

(Inside the Infested room with my operator - with my frame keeping the door open so I could check out the weird bed/pod) and yep.

That just happened, is this the end of the Man in the Wall appearing? Also, the Infested room spoke out, "A Demon walks on the Dark side"

I just received it.

DO: Feeling better Kiddo?

Operator: I killed him... Isaah.

DO: Did you now? Is that how you remember it?

Operator: Yes

DO: Good

The voice itself is different than the usual Doppelganger Male voice. Currently i have the raven pack installed and it sounded like that voice but altered. I was as operator at the time but ironically it did not make my mouth move at all during both of the dialogue.

Edited by TheSimplist

About an hour ago happened for me;

Spoiler

- came out of the Dojo and turned to see my operator on the codex with this exact dialogue. The voice was definitely different, closer to my operators (as mentioned by TheSimplist). Walley then dematerializes in front of me, the last thing to vanish are his eyes.

Somehow, it felt less like he was trying to torment me, and more like a rough lesson akin to the tough love Teshin has provided. It was almost... comforting? Sort of like "hold onto that feeling, take responsibility, learn from it." Definitely creepy, but somehow without the Lotus, it was nice that he was still around. My personal feelings aside, this is the first time the operator has interacted with him or even acknowledged his presence, which means they've decidedly not mentioned it to Ordis / Lotus / anyone else, and possibly have been ignoring him until this point hence the mocking / ethereal laughter / weird poses, I think that would make a lot of sense.

Maybe it's only now after losing the ones they love, the Lotus, Issah, that they're willing to indulge Walley.

Just saw it now - I logged in, she was sitting on the market console, I had to turn round to see her. Really glad I saw this thread last night, because I was slow turning on my audio and missed the first line. 

This time was indeed different - the voice wasn't quite the same, and I wasn't looking right at her when it started. Then she dissolved and disappeared at the end.

now that is NOT what I thought happened in the quest...

Spoiler

When we went to Umbra, he was re-living the painful memory of having Ballas control him and force him to kill his son - we were there to help him face it and understand it wasn't his fault, it was Ballas. WE didn't kill him, though. Feeling a little disturbed that my Tenno's memory doesn't seem to be working.

hace 1 hora, Psykiik dijo:

can someone please tell me who is issah ? all i know he is umbra's son... is thats it or ....? 

That's pretty much it as far as the game has told us, but some leaks say that he may be a boss in the future.

Want to know something funny? Ballas isn't gone. Sure we may have killed him, but go fail a kuva run and also check the full story in Ordis's memory fragments. The Orokin have a particularly annoying habit of resurrecting themselves.

30 minutes ago, Kelpie77 said:

i finally had this dialogue with the doppleganger. Than (s)he disappeared and since then i have not meet him/her again... is (s)he gone forever? i sure will miss him/her... 😐

Honestly, I'm disappointed that... you know what, I'm calling him/her void child at this point.... anyway, I've only ever seen void child literally three times. I'm highly disappointed on that since void child clearly isn't just a figment of our minds, but in many cases posses knowledge that others seem to not. Case in point, I have friends that have had the new lines despite the fact that they have not done Ordis's memory fragments or anything like that. I'd like the void kid to be a more active character at this point.

2 hours ago, Cortanis said:

Honestly, I'm disappointed that... you know what, I'm calling him/her void child at this point.... anyway, I've only ever seen void child literally three times. I'm highly disappointed on that since void child clearly isn't just a figment of our minds, but in many cases posses knowledge that others seem to not. Case in point, I have friends that have had the new lines despite the fact that they have not done Ordis's memory fragments or anything like that. I'd like the void kid to be a more active character at this point.

Well i mean, it is The Man in the Wall. And he is split up and imprisoned in our minds after Chains of Harrow. And the only requirement for receiving the new dialogue is completing The Sacrifice

I'm talking more than that at this point. He/she needs a more active roll rather than after quest laugh track at best so far. Case in point with the Sacrifice quest, he/she could have made regular appearances throughout the quest taunting or helping us. Like when we went to go upgrade Ordis with Ballas's little warframe encyclopedia, he could have been standing next to the input point to give commentary.

On 2018-06-19 at 9:42 PM, TheSimplist said:

Well i mean, it is The Man in the Wall. And he is split up and imprisoned in our minds after Chains of Harrow. And the only requirement for receiving the new dialogue is completing The Sacrifice

But the new dialogue reminded me of the one our operator says in the end of war within scene