Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does the pryana prime need a buff

(XBOX)Senpai Soul

Stats for the pyrana prime and the regular one have very small difference between each other I know the pyrana prime has the special effects after 3 kills but only has like 3-5 seconds duration in my opinion I say DE should buff the duration on it to at least 20-30 seconds I feel like that would give it more of a prime weapon feeling right now it is just a very small upgrade status chance upgrade to 20percent would be great also in my opinion what do you guys think about the pyrana prime

20 seconds straight might be a bit much. I'd settle for making the buff refreshable - so if you fulfill the requirements again during the buff it refreshes the duration.

That said, I don't have the thing yet. Still working on getting Limbo Prime together, then I'm going after the magic gun next, since good or not it seems great fun. And it seems it is pretty good, so that's nice.

20-30 seconds is a LONG time in this type of game, I don't see that big of a buff happening. That said it does feel like its a bit clunky atm: the speed you have to have to activate the buff is a bit harsh for how long it lasts. Stat wise its fine, its dps is staggering when that effect activates.

I'd rather have them buff the raw damage some more, since warframe builder doesn't have the Pyrana prime yet, I can't really compare my damage output with this one against the standard version. It feels like even though I run the same build, it's actually worse because of the lower raw damage it has.

1 minute ago, DJ_Vauban said:

I'd rather have them buff the raw damage some more, since warframe builder doesn't have the Pyrana prime yet, I can't really compare my damage output with this one against the standard version. It feels like even though I run the same build, it's actually worse because of the lower raw damage it has.

Once im done adding forma on my pyrana prime ill let you know

23 minutes ago, DJ_Vauban said:

Well fire rate with buff makes a difference there. And honestly that buff is really easy to activate so basically it's working all the time I'm using my sidearm.

Edited by Soldier1312

il y a 18 minutes, DJ_Vauban a dit :

Lower base damage doesn't mean the weapon is less efficient than it's regular version. 

The Pyrana Prime has less base damage and (insignificant tho) fire rate, but everything else is buffed (accuracy, fallof, crit, status, etc.), so it's pretty balanced. I dont think the Prime needs any buff, especialy not a 20 sec duration for the passive. 5 sec is enough without being too much, the max I can think of would be 7 sec. 15-20 sec is waaaaay too much.

38 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

Lower base damage doesn't mean the weapon is less efficient than it's regular version. 

The Pyrana Prime has less base damage and (insignificant tho) fire rate, but everything else is buffed (accuracy, fallof, crit, status, etc.), so it's pretty balanced. I dont think the Prime needs any buff, especialy not a 20 sec duration for the passive. 5 sec is enough without being too much, the max I can think of would be 7 sec. 15-20 sec is waaaaay too much.

True but having it out longer would be nice and also with the ability you don't really have to reload pretty sure thats what DE was going for 

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Senpai Soul said:

True but having it out longer would be nice and also with the ability you don't really have to reload pretty sure thats what DE was going for 

Where do they say that? 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Senpai Soul said:

Once im done adding forma on my pyrana prime ill let you know

So you suggest a buff but you haven’t even fully upgraded it? 

1 minute ago, GinKenshin said:

Where do they say that? 

They don't was saying that was probably what they were going for so I'm just guessing

So you suggest a buff but you haven’t even fully upgraded it? 

I don't have it fully forma yet but just from looking at the stats I can tell

il y a 30 minutes, (XB1)Senpai Soul a dit :

I don't have it fully forma yet but just from looking at the stats I can tell

By looking at the stats, you should have seen that the Prime is better in every way except raw damage (balanced with enhanced crit, mag size, accuracy, falloff, etc., not even talking about the passive itself).

13 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

By looking at the stats, you should have seen that the Prime is better in every way except raw damage (balanced with enhanced crit, mag size, accuracy, falloff, etc., not even talking about the passive itself).

Like I said in post very small difference

Just finished testing the pyrana prime and pyrana of course the prime is better but the difference in dmg is very very small I also tested the pyrana primes ability is it worth it in my opinion not really you have a akpyrana for 3-5 seconds but you have  low dps but good kps and with a single pyrana prime you have more dps but slower kps. Kps means kills per second.dps means damage per second.

I personally don’t see why you think the Pyrana Prime needs a buff. The weapon is better than its vanilla version already, and the unique passive is quite impressive as well. Having the passive for 3-5 seconds is a pretty reasonable duration if you ask me. ‘Cause otherwise, having the duration of the passive for 20-30 seconds would be total overkill. The only legitimate downside of the weapon is its recoil, that’s really it.

The Pyrana was never really in need of more damage. The regular Pyrana already has one of the highest DPSs, and the Prime has a bigger mag, faster reload, and its passive. I guess i can see wanting it to be turned into a status weapon, given how raw damage falls off no matter how high it is. Personally im happy with the Prime. Its a better Pyrana and an Akpyrana all in one. 

Edited by (XB1)Godlike13

23 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

I personally don’t see why you think the Pyrana Prime needs a buff. The weapon is better than its vanilla version already, and the unique passive is quite impressive as well. Having the passive for 3-5 seconds is a pretty reasonable duration if you ask me. ‘Cause otherwise, having the duration of the passive for 20-30 seconds would be total overkill. The only legitimate downside of the weapon is its recoil, that’s really it.

The difference between prime and regular is very very small

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Godlike13 said:

The Pyrana was never really in need of more damage. The regular Pyrana already has one of the highest DPSs, and the Prime has a bigger mag, faster reload, and its passive. I guess i can see wanting it to be turned into a status weapon, given how raw damage falls off no matter how high it is. Personally im happy with the Prime. Its a better Pyrana and an Akpyrana all in one. 

I like the idea of akpyrana but prime and regular pyrana difference in damage is very very small you would think the prime version of the weapon would be way better right 

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Senpai Soul said:

I like the idea of akpyrana but prime and regular pyrana difference in damage is very very small you would think the prime version of the weapon would be way better right 

The difference in damage might be small, though like i said the Pyrana's damage was already really high, but the the difference in mag size, reload, accuracy, fall off, and its passive is what makes it way better.

Edited by (XB1)Godlike13

24 minutes ago, (XB1)Godlike13 said:

The difference in damage might be small, though like i said the Pyrana's damage was already really high, but the the difference in mag size, reload, accuracy, fall off, and its passive is what makes it way better.

That helps it but not that much for the damage on the pyrana prime was ok at best alot of weapons are alot better prime version should of been way better than what we got 

4 hours ago, DJ_Vauban said:

Just finished testing the pyrana prime and pyrana of course the prime is better but the difference in dmg is very very small I also tested the pyrana primes ability is it worth it in my opinion not really you have a akpyrana for 3-5 seconds but you have  low dps but good kps and with a single pyrana prime you have more dps but slower kps. Kps means kills per second.dps means damage per second

The Pyrana Prime isn't meant to be a Damage upgrade in the way that something like the Destreza Prime is an upgrade over the Destreza. Instead, it gets a minor damage, magazine, handling (i.e. better reload), and falloff boost, and relies on the passive to carry it beyond that. The Pyrana is already a very strong weapon in its niche uses. Just throwing more damage at it would make it very generic, while the Pyrana Prime passive stands out a lot.

The passive is very impressive at most levels of the game. Its not as useful vs. very high level armored enemies, but than again, you shouldn't really be taking a crit weapon of this type vs. very high level armor. If your testing involved anything like level 100+ grineer (and especially groups dominated by heavy Grineer), I have to ask why you are bringing this weapon into a situation that its not meant for. This can't hope to match a status pocket shotgun like the Detrons or the Twin Rogga vs armored targets, so its just a matter of understanding what you use the Pyrana series for. Against everything else, its basically a free reload + very high boosted DPS in-game and it works very well from my testing of it. When you do runs in-game, groups of three or more fodder enemies are very common in most situations, and thus you can activate the passive very easily.

Both of the weapons in this prime access came out quite decently imo. I was very disappointed with the stats of Kronen Prime in the last PA, and Kogage Prime (despite having a decent statline) has the issue of the Hirudo existing and the Kogage just didn't have enough stats to match free healing. If Kronen Prime had a unique passive and the Kogage Prime had a better movement passive (like 20% instead of 5%), those would make them immediately more desirable to use. Just being a damage/stat upgrade doesn't save a weapon in terms of use. So if instead of the Pyrana Prime having this passive it had 10 more damage over the stock Pyrana and a 2.5x crit multiplier, is that really a weapon that people are going to remember? At that point its just a slightly better Pyrana. Even with the Destreza Prime being a nice looking and quality weapon (and one I like quite a bit), its ultimately just good stats rather than being unique amongst rapiers. Primes just feel better when they have a nice unique gimick to them, and its a design decision that I hope we see more of in the future instead of just stat boosts.

Edited by JK21Games

6 hours ago, KochDerFrettchen said:

Meh.  They took an already powerful weapon and gave it a silly/fun passive instead of testing the ceiling again.  Haven't tried it yet, but that's a type of Prime I enjoy.  Actually, primes with passive in general. :v

The ability is fun but it only has 3-5 seconds duration as for the pyrana prime was strong weapon already not really alot of weapos out dps it and the difference between prime and regular is very very small 

7 hours ago, JK21Games said:

The Pyrana Prime isn't meant to be a Damage upgrade in the way that something like the Destreza Prime is an upgrade over the Destreza. Instead, it gets a minor damage, magazine, handling (i.e. better reload), and falloff boost, and relies on the passive to carry it beyond that. The Pyrana is already a very strong weapon in its niche uses. Just throwing more damage at it would make it very generic, while the Pyrana Prime passive stands out a lot.

The passive is very impressive at most levels of the game. Its not as useful vs. very high level armored enemies, but than again, you shouldn't really be taking a crit weapon of this type vs. very high level armor. If your testing involved anything like level 100+ grineer (and especially groups dominated by heavy Grineer), I have to ask why you are bringing this weapon into a situation that its not meant for. This can't hope to match a status pocket shotgun like the Detrons or the Twin Rogga vs armored targets, so its just a matter of understanding what you use the Pyrana series for. Against everything else, its basically a free reload + very high boosted DPS in-game and it works very well from my testing of it. When you do runs in-game, groups of three or more fodder enemies are very common in most situations, and thus you can activate the passive very easily.

Both of the weapons in this prime access came out quite decently imo. I was very disappointed with the stats of Kronen Prime in the last PA, and Kogage Prime (despite having a decent statline) has the issue of the Hirudo existing and the Kogage just didn't have enough stats to match free healing. If Kronen Prime had a unique passive and the Kogage Prime had a better movement passive (like 20% instead of 5%), those would make them immediately more desirable to use. Just being a damage/stat upgrade doesn't save a weapon in terms of use. So if instead of the Pyrana Prime having this passive it had 10 more damage over the stock Pyrana and a 2.5x crit multiplier, is that really a weapon that people are going to remember? At that point its just a slightly better Pyrana. Even with the Destreza Prime being a nice looking and quality weapon (and one I like quite a bit), its ultimately just good stats rather than being unique amongst rapiers. Primes just feel better when they have a nice unique gimick to them, and its a design decision that I hope we see more of in the future instead of just stat boosts.

With the akpyrana on it has good kps but bad dps also difference between prime and regular is very small the ability cool idea but worth it not really