Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something Needs to Change with Bounties and Leeches

hcwhitewolf

It gets a bit annoying trying to complete bounties to get the new relics and half your squad decides to Cetus Wisp farm or mine or just sit near the entrance instead of participating. It's really not fair to people who actually want to play the game and complete content when others just decide to AFK and get free rewards for no effort.

The most infuriating part of this kind of activity is that free roam exists. These people could very easily just go to free roam and mine, fish, and farm to their heart's content. Instead they choose to queue up for a bounty and then go - as your title says - leech rewards from the people who are actually trying to participate.

If there wasn't a way for people to enter the plains without being on a mission that would be one thing, it would still be ridiculous to mess with a group instead of just going in solo to farm, but it would be slightly different. But the fact of the matter is the means are in place to just wander around farming and people are actively choosing to do something that interferes with others playing the game properly. 

30 minutes ago, hcwhitewolf said:

It gets a bit annoying trying to complete bounties to get the new relics and half your squad decides to Cetus Wisp farm or mine or just sit near the entrance instead of participating. It's really not fair to people who actually want to play the game and complete content when others just decide to AFK and get free rewards for no effort.

That's what recruiting chat is for, or clans, or alliances, get a more specific team instead of matchmaking into randoms and you won't face this problem, that's why most people advertise hunts/bounties/EVERYTHING even XP farms in recruiting over just random queue'ing into a mission..that's kinda what these sorta chats are for … at least i'm sure it was partly the intention

Edited by (PS4)Poloboyzz93

Just now, iChiLLa said:

Fail bounti and leave. It is what i do when they want to leech 😉

dumb idea, you just waste your time and the leech can still farming and get some of the stuff you get if you have complete at least one part of the mission.

7 minutes ago, Emulad0or said:

I think fishes, mining spots and wisps should not appear during bounties at all... Until then, I just take my time printing and reporting whatever leech I find

totally agree, is make no sense farming where doing bounty, people use this just for troll and abuse the system so they can get free stuff when other people do the job, you want to farm? go solo and stop hurt other player, plus the damn ship with the rifle gatling of god start to spawn like no tomorrow sometime when in 4 player.

11 minutes ago, Spartan336 said:

This is usually why I play solo on plains, except for Eidolon hunts. 

being forced to play solo on coop game is the proof this need to change... fast too.

14 minutes ago, Naftal said:

They should make it so that if someone decides to fish or mine or farm wisps or anything, the other players also get that stuff.

That way everyone can do what they want and benefit.

this one too is  a good idea, so the leech is not a leech but a help, everyone happy, but some people don't care about farm and see one player do farm and not the bounty is still very annoying.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Poloboyzz93 said:

That's what recruiting chat is for, or clans, or alliances, get a more specific team instead of matchmaking into randoms and you won't face this problem, that's why most people advertise hunts/bounties/EVERYTHING even XP farms in recruiting over just random queue'ing into a mission..

the point is you shouldnt queue up for a mission if you dont intend to do the mission. saying "just use recruiting" is giving leachers a free pass

19 minutes ago, Naftal said:

They should make it so that if someone decides to fish or mine or farm wisps or anything, the other players also get that stuff.

That way everyone can do what they want and benefit.

I tend to disagree. If you entered the plains via a bounty mission you have agreed to at the very least attempt to participate in said bounty. Not to wonder off and fish/mine while the other players actually do the thing they agreed to do when they entered via the bounty boards. 

Eh, you're gonna be able to easily solo all the bounties anyway, and if you're not then you didn't come prepared.  I barely notice when people leech in my bounties (which is pretty rare in the first place) because I'm doing the bounties efficiently and not worrying about moral indignation because WF is a game where one player ends up doing all the work most of the time anyway because it's so easy.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

3 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

Eh, you're gonna be able to easily solo all the bounties anyway, and if you're not then you didn't come prepared.  I barely notice when people leech in my bounties (which is pretty rare in the first place) because I'm doing the bounties efficiently and not worrying about moral indignation because WF is a game where one player ends up doing all the work most of the time anyway because it's so easy.  

another person giving leachers a free pass. You shouldnt queue up for a mission if you dont intend to do the mission

1 hour ago, ---Quill-Onkko--- said:

another person giving leachers a free pass. You shouldnt queue up for a mission if you dont intend to do the mission

I say the same to you.  If you aren't prepared to get the mission done on your own effort, then you are implicitly hoping for someone else to do it instead.  "Leecher" is a subjective term, here.  

33 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

I say the same to you.  If you aren't prepared to get the mission done on your own effort, then you are implicitly hoping for someone else to do it instead.  "Leecher" is a subjective term, here.  

It is not a subjective term at all. I'm able to solo all content in the game just fine. That does not mean that I dont expect people ,who knowingly and deliberately had to accept a mission to get into it, to do their part. Even if some one cant solo the mission by them selves, this is a co-op game. In a co-op game, players support each other in a mission, leachers do not. People who cant solo but still contribute to the mission are not leachers.

A tu quoque argument doesn't work here

Edited by ---Quill-Onkko---

50 minutes ago, ---Quill-Onkko--- said:

It is not a subjective term at all. I'm able to solo all content in the game just fine. That does not mean that I dont expect people ,who knowingly and deliberately had to accept a mission to get into it, to do their part. Even if some one cant solo the mission by them selves, this is a co-op game. In a co-op game, players support each other in a mission, leachers do not. People who cant solo but still contribute to the mission are not leachers.

A tu quoque argument doesn't work here

This is low-priority issue for DE, and potential fixes could also screw players who did participate, out of rewards i.e. "you left the mission area for 10 seconds and are now ineligible for rewards," etc,.

Your moral indignation is not a huge deal either way.  Just do what you came to the mission to do in the first place.  And then, if you slow down to catch some wisps next bounty, don't feel too bad about it.  

9 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

This is low-priority issue for DE, and potential fixes could also screw players who did participate, out of rewards i.e. "you left the mission area for 10 seconds and are now ineligible for rewards," etc,.

Your moral indignation is not a huge deal either way.  Just do what you came to the mission to do in the first place.  And then, if you slow down to catch some wisps next bounty, don't feel too bad about it.  

You apparently have no idea what the word "leacher" means even though i pretty clearly explained it. Ill explain it again, but at length and in simple terms.

Leachers are players who do not contribute to the mission at all. They knowingly and willingly join a mission, then sit around or do anything but the mission while letting others finish it for them. In regular missions they are the ones that find a corner to sit in or hide in spawn. In the plains they either run around near spawn or go fishing or mining. I am speaking about bounties specifically, not free roam mode.

People who stop to grab wisps or break crates or open lockers in a side room are not leachers. People who get wisps, open lockers, break crates but never contribute to the mission are.

Edited by ---Quill-Onkko---

14 minutes ago, ---Quill-Onkko--- said:

You apparently have no idea what the word "leacher" means even though i pretty clearly explained it. Ill explain it again, but at length and in simple terms.

Leachers are players who do not contribute to the mission at all. They knowingly and willingly join a mission, then sit around or do anything but the mission while letting others finish it for them. In regular missions they are the ones that find a corner to sit in or hide in spawn. In the plains they either run around near spawn or go fishing or mining. I am speaking about bounties specifically, not free roam mode.

People who stop to grab wisps or break crates or open lockers in a side room are not leachers. People who get wisps, open lockers, break crates and never contribute to the mission are.

I understand that you are not a leecher, and that you are specifically referring to these people.

But why worry about it, and why demand dev time to address this issue so urgently?  I'm sure they'll get to it eventually but as it is now it's not a widespread or urgent problem, despite the inherent design of the bounty system allowing for this kind of exploitation.  Remember that sometimes people queue for free roam but get into a bounty anyway by accident, and neither party realizes this except for verbal complaints most of the time.

In the rare occasions that it happens to me, I consider it charity to the leechers.  The mission doesn't change much for me either way, and it happens so rarely in the first place.  Why not be chill about it and worry about more important things, like the game's lopsided balance and the resulting grind because missions are too easy to exploit and speedrun for them to have susbtantial rewards per mission?  

Edited by RealPandemonium

20 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

I understand that you are not a leecher, and that you are specifically referring to these people.

But why worry about it, and why demand dev time to address this issue so urgently?  I'm sure they'll get to it eventually but as it is now it's not a widespread or urgent problem, despite the inherent design of the bounty system allowing for this kind of exploitation.  Remember that sometimes people queue for free roam but get into a bounty anyway by accident, and neither party realizes this except for verbal complaints most of the time.

In the rare occasions that it happens to me, I consider it charity to the leechers.  The mission doesn't change much for me either way, and it happens so rarely in the first place.  Why not be chill about it and worry about more important things, like the game's lopsided balance and the resulting grind because missions are too easy to exploit and speedrun for them to have susbtantial rewards per mission?  

Why worry about it? Because some day, you're going to drop into a public ESO match where the other 3 players in the squad hit are Limbos who will enter their Rift and never do anything because everyone who wants to play the game is kicked to the Recruiting chat since leeching is perfectly acceptable behavior in public matchmaking.

The problem is not that the game is easy, it's not that it's easy to exploit. The problem is bad behavior is bad behavior and it should be punished appropriately, regardless of how easy it is to be a leech. Just because it happens once in 10 games doesn't make it any less wrong.