Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some ideas for Titania from a Titania main

(PSN)Amu_Lambo_Ginga

From my over 400 hours on Titania I have noticed some things which I think should be fixed/changed:

Spellbind: Sometimes does not actually do anything (read full post for details/clarification)

Tribute: If it acted more like Limbo's Banish that would be appreciated. "Thorns" doesn't fit Titania in my opinion, so I made a new ability that could replace "Thorns". "Powdery light": Titania casts "Tribute" on the right enemy. Then Titania and close enough allies will become invulnerable for a short period of time. During this short period of time all damage Titania and close enough allies receive will be stored up similar to Nezha's "Warding Halo". Once the time of invulnerability is up all the damage that had been stored will be released as a bright light that will blind all enemies in a certain range (unaffected by mods). Also if you increased the base range for some if not all buffs (that would be great). (read full post for details/clarification)

Lantern: Instead of an enemy becoming a lantern Titania spawns in a lantern that stays in one spot.

"Razorwing":

- Please increase her sprint speed, and remap button layout for console.  (read full post for details/     

clarification)

- Please shrink her hitbox some more.  (read full post for details/clarification)

- Passive: Keep the old one, but while in "Razorwing" give her "Pixie Dust Coat": while in "Razorwing" Titania is immune to status, cannot take damage from enemies that elbow/hit her if she gets too close to them, and any enemy killed by Titania (while in "Razorwing") should have a significantly higher chance of dropping an energy orb.  (read full post for details/clarification)

- Diwata: Please increase base status chance to 25% and please make slash focused instead of puncture.  (read full post for details/clarification)

- Razorflies: Please make respawnable and let them be able to take advantage of companion/sentinel mods.   (read full post for details/clarification)

- Targeting: Please make Titania target enemy heads instead of enemy midsections and thighs when she is using her Diwata. Also a new stance for her Diwata would be nice.  (read full post for details/clarification)

Link to full post: 

nah fam, let me fix this:

passive: gains vacuum during razorwing mode

1st ability: give her something that doesn't require a target

2nd ability: anything is fine as long as they get rid of this trash ability

3rd ability can stay like it is.

4th ability: fix the collision bugs.

titania can already spend an entire mission from start to finish in razorwing mode. I don't see a point in giving her a passive that increases her orb drop. the main problem I see with her is getting one-shot by aoe. get rid of her 2nd ability and give her something that reduces incoming aoe by 50% or something like that. her first ability should not require a target because this would allow her to proc her augment mod that increases her flight speed therefore removing the need to buff her base speed (which would make navigating in tight spaces a nightmare).

aside from glitches that should obviously be fixed, I have never encounter any problems with titania even during sortie missions so all she needs is qol changes.

• 1 month later...
On 2018-06-21 at 9:24 PM, AkhorLuna said:

titania can already spend an entire mission from start to finish in razorwing mode. I don't see a point in giving her a passive that increases her orb drop. the main problem I see with her is getting one-shot by aoe. get rid of her 2nd ability and give her something that reduces incoming aoe by 50% or something like that. her first ability should not require a target because this would allow her to proc her augment mod that increases her flight speed therefore removing the need to buff her base speed (which would make navigating in tight spaces a nightmare).

aside from glitches that should obviously be fixed, I have never encounter any problems with titania even during sortie missions so all she needs is qol changes.

Now I could be get but hurt bg your suggestions and explain to you why in my oppinon what your suggesting makes little sense to me, but I will merely point out that I have over 400 hours with Titania and that maybe you should trust I know what I am talking about whrn it comes to Titania. At least 100 of thoes 400 hours were spent in the Simulacrum just testing her out and learning dverything about her from powerful mod setups to the intricacies of her abilities. I suggest you read the full post that I linked to. Lets try to remain peaceful here.

First for OP....

On 1 not working... That's because it missed. It's a freecasted aoe that requires a target to start the cast.

On Tribute....
- Thorns is insanely thematically appropriate. The problem is the mechanic itself is completely impossible to balance- reflect in vidya is either utter garbage or overpowered, with effectively no middle ground. This change suggestion doesn't produce a useful effect (Vaykor Sydon, effectively), as it would also require you to get hit multiple times in a very short window.
- Agreed that Full Moon should also affect Razorflies if we're keeping its effect.
- Entangle is the only one that really needs a radius increase. 10m is worthless. Dust's 30m is good enough for its purpose, most of the time.
- Does not address the problem that Dust is the only aura that is easy to obtain, easy to maintain, useful in radius, and useful in effect.
- Does not address the absurd energy throughput requirement of maintaining more than one Tribute (250 + ~1/s per buff you're maintaining)

On Razorwing...
- Sprint speed is what Blitzwing is for. The only issue with Blitzwing is its reliance on Arcane Energize to keep up with its throughput.
- Also on Sprint Speed... Pro tip: going "up" is over twice as fast as going "forward".
- You don't need immune to status on Razorwing; self-casting 1 cures status and provides immunity, just hug a surface and press 1 into it.
- Energy orb drop rate on razor-kill is an interesting idea on how to fix the energy throughput problem. My only worry is that it's too easy, given the sheer strength of the Dex Pixia Tying it in some way to the razorflies having hit the target or maybe even to the Diwata specifically might prevent this issue.
- Razorflies acting as an exalt companion would be nice, do agree... however I'd rather see my cat still get to do its thing. I dream of the day I can take Titania into a Kuva Siphon/Flood and not miss out on my smeeta double chance.
- Diwata primarily needs the removal of collision damage, which it's getting. Beyond that, I'm gonna have to mess with it more to really say where it's at. Agreed on the DTT targeting heads being a nice idea, but only AFTER collision damage is removed so that chargers and crawlers don't equate to death on melee.

Edited by TheBlueJelly
changed razorwing advanced tech explanation

On 2018-06-21 at 9:24 PM, AkhorLuna said:

On this one...

Vacuum is a meme, you don't need it, seriously stop whining about it. Especially on a frame that needs to be careful about how fast she picks up energy orbs.

1 completely agreed, the whole combined freecasted and targeted aoe aspact is its biggest problem.

2 is not trash. Dust is highly usable and useful. The ability just needs a major overhaul both in usability and effects- Entangle is too short range (and low in effect) to be of any use, Full Moon is damn near pointless since Titania's own companion isn't deployed and to my knowledge it does not even buff razorflies, and Thorns needs to be changed from a damage reflect to a status retaliate so as to make it actually approachable from a balancing standpoint.

3 does need something. A tether to the ground so they cannot go all "my planet needs me".

4 they're giving immunity to collision soon supposedly, as stated on devstream. Also completely agreed, taking 60 damage from ramming a wall at full blitz sucks, but getting instagibbed if you hit the border between two collision boxes is really stupid.

Your understanding of her energy throughput is based solely on Razorwing. You can sustain Razorwing without a single Arcane Energize. I actually did that prior to getting any, back when the old Raids were how you got them. It wasn't comfy, but it was very doable. Hell, I'd even sustain Dust at the same time. You only had to be careful not to pick up orbs if you didn't need them (again, Vacuum is the worst possible thing you could give her, without first giving her a way to mitigate her energy throughput).

However. All that changes if you throw in 1/3. Non-Narrow 'Wing builds exist (and are a lot of fun), and they start requiring Arcane Energize. I first started using a non-Narrow build when I got an AE3 powerplant. This was well before Raids were removed or Blitz was added. It wasn't comfy, but it was quite usable, and made it easier to handle Interception since I could instantly stop a hack with 1.

But then Blitzwing was added. I honestly consider an AE12 powerplant a minimum for Blitzwing operation, as the energy throughput required to maintain even a Narrow build is absurd. These days I have an AE20, letting me bring a full Blitzwing into practically any content (it's even my ESO go-to, with a Gas build on the Pixia and CP instead of GP (I have an unpolarized aura and the 12 forma on Titania herself to prove it lol)). But I'm an outlier. I have a full build worth >6k plat. And even then, I'm only kinda comfy. I can let convenience/instinct guide my buff refreshes rather than having to track them both like a hawk, but I still have to be on watch for orbs and make sure I'm picking them up when I can use them (again, Vacuum is the worst possible thing you could give her, without first giving her a way to mitigate her energy throughput).

Oh and the collision damage isn't a bug. Hell, you could argue the half-pixel-ping-pong isn't even a bug. They said they were planning on removing it, though, which is good as it is a major shortcoming of Razorwing. Amusingly, it will also get rid of her weakness against arson eximi. That fire aoe typically splats her against the walls or ceiling if she can't get into a blind spot fast enough.

Edited by TheBlueJelly
Vacuum is the worst possible thing you could give her, without first giving her a way to mitigate her energy throughput

2 hours ago, TheBlueJelly said:

On this one...

Vacuum is a meme, you don't need it, seriously stop whining about it. Especially on a frame that needs to be careful about how fast she picks up energy orbs.

THANK YOU FINALLY SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME.

2 hours ago, TheBlueJelly said:

Your understanding of her energy throughput is based solely on Razorwing. You can sustain Razorwing without a single Arcane Energize. I actually did that prior to getting any, back when the old Raids were how you got them. It wasn't comfy, but it was very doable. Hell, I'd even sustain Dust at the same time. You only had to be careful not to pick up orbs if you didn't need them (again, Vacuum is the worst possible thing you could give her, without first giving her a way to mitigate her energy throughput).

Titania can maintain razorwing if you do capture, spy, mobile defense, and some bosses, but I like doing survival and defense and you can't stay in Razorwing for very long without pizzas or AE.

3 hours ago, TheBlueJelly said:

First for OP....

On 1 not working... That's because it missed. It's a freecasted aoe that requires a target to start the cast.

Yea I know, the issuse is I actually cast the ability and Titania does the animation and the particals appear, but the nothing happens to the target.

- You don't need immune to status on Razorwing; self-casting 1 cures status and provides immunity, just hug a surface and press 1 into it.

True, but the main reason I suggested this is for the razorflies, do you know the number of times I have see them die due to gas from a nox dying, Its insane. 

- Also on Sprint Speed... Pro tip: going "up" is over twice as fast as going "forward".

But if you need to go forward you teammates will beat you to the desination if they parkour.

- Energy orb drop rate on razor-kill is an interesting idea on how to fix the energy throughput problem. My only worry is that it's too easy, given the sheer strength of the Dex Pixia Tying it in some way to the razorflies having hit the target or maybe even to the Diwata specifically might prevent this issue.

Okay, okay, I like that idea.

On Tribute....
- Thorns is insanely thematically appropriate. The problem is the mechanic itself is completely impossible to balance- reflect in vidya is either utter garbage or overpowered, with effectively no middle ground. This change suggestion doesn't produce a useful effect (Vaykor Sydon, effectively), as it would also require you to get hit multiple times in a very short window.

This is ability become more powerful the farther you go in survival and defense, you dont really need thorns for missions that arn't never ending. But this ability becomes super powerful when you're fighting enemies thst are lvl 200+, even if you only get hit once the amount of damage you would store would be enough for you to actually kill that enemy. I dont know about you, but with my build it starts to take a while for me to kill stuff at lvl 200+. 

heres my build for refrence:

What is your build?

Edited by (PS4)Amu_Lambo_Ginga

I dont play titania enough to full understand her issue in depth - so I can't take to your points as detailed as others. That said, one true issue with the frame is with her tribute ability. 

Having to jump into the buff, I feel is an extra un needed step, with all these particulars flying around, as well as floating enemies, it's madness.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

I dont play titania enough to full understand her issue in depth - so I can't take to your points as detailed as others. That said, one true issue with the frame is with her tribute ability. 

Having to jump into the buff, I feel is an extra un needed step, with all these particulars flying around, as well as floating enemies, it's madness.

I agree 🙂

Edited by (PS4)Amu_Lambo_Ginga

12 hours ago, (PS4)Amu_Lambo_Ginga said:

Now I could be get but hurt bg your suggestions and explain to you why in my oppinon what your suggesting makes little sense to me, but I will merely point out that I have over 400 hours with Titania and that maybe you should trust I know what I am talking about whrn it comes to Titania. At least 100 of thoes 400 hours were spent in the Simulacrum just testing her out and learning dverything about her from powerful mod setups to the intricacies of her abilities. I suggest you read the full post that I linked to. Lets try to remain peaceful here.

With a post like this I instantly disregarded everything you said.

@(PS4)Amu_Lambo_Ginga

On non-Blitz sustain.... Odd that you're struggling on endless. Your build's at minimum drain (wasting 2 mod points btw, drop fleeting and streamline both to r4, you'll save 10% duration too), and I had no problems doing razor+dust in Sortie 3 Survival prior to getting any AE. If you get the no-orb-drops glitch/feature, well, there's no way to fix that, but otherwise iunno what to say other than "git gud".

On 1, again, you're missing. If you're running negative range the radius of the cast is exceedingly small, and you're very liable to miss the target if you don't track them by the end of the cast animation.

On razorflies dropping like flies.... Nox poison cloud deals damage regardless, the lingering DoT is separate and can be cleansed via Spellbind. I can almost guarantee it's the cloud itself that's primarily killing them, as well as the Nox's melee beforehand.

On needing to go forward, I put emphasis on the directions for a reason. While it is advised that the enemy's gate is down, it could be up if you so chose. Takes a bit of skill to control it, but once you get the hang of not really looking where you're going, well. Nothing can stop you then. I actually haven't mastered that on all tiles, since I run one of a 170-, 224-, or 249- blitz at practically all times, but it's still viable.

As for trying to keep up without blitz or redirecting her climb, you need to take advantage of your perfect maneuverability. Lot of the small mistakes (typically clipping doorframes, walls, or railings) you're basically immune to, and most players will make at least one mistake per tile. And you can take paths they can only dream of. If you know the tiles, you should be able to largely keep up. 'Course I was around back when zorencoptering was a thing, which I was actually able to typically out-pace with the comparable and more-controllable slide-flips well before they killed both with Parkour 2.0, so "knowing the tiles" is a bit of an extreme statement, I'll admit lol

Builds are gonna have to wait till I'm home, can't access Dex Pixia from the app >.>

Edited by TheBlueJelly

38 minutes ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

I think the theory was that you could pull a buff and then pick it up later, or maybe that allies were also gonna be able to pick them up. Partly a feature that never got fully implemented, honestly. Would definitely make it a bit easier, but there's so many other issues with Tribute I'd almost hesitate to allow even one change to it without overhauling the whole thing.

Gonna keep this in mind though whenever I eventually write my own Titania rework thread. Thing's gonna be the stuff of legends when it happens, I swear.

26 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

With a post like this I instantly disregarded everything you said.

Eh, I just ignored it myself. People think their playstats mean anything lol. Mine says I put the most time onto.... either Banshee or Volt. Don't actually remember. Anyways I haven't touched volt since like u10 (outside of setting up VoltP so I could do Eidolons on him if for some reason I couldn't be the Trin), and I haven't touched Banshee since like u13 ish (outside of initially leveling BansheeP).

I hope to one day write my own Titania rework thread, though, so I like to go through any Titania thread I see to see if there's any other issues I've not considered, or if there's any ideas I might want to add to the pile of ones to consider.

Just as he who claims wisdom is a fool, he who ignores the fool is no better.

However, had this been any topic other than Titania I probably wouldda just closed the tab with a "don't care enough" lol

Edited by TheBlueJelly

6 hours ago, TheBlueJelly said:

@(PS4)Amu_Lambo_Ginga

On non-Blitz sustain.... Odd that you're struggling on endless. Your build's at minimum drain (wasting 2 mod points btw, drop fleeting and streamline both to r4, you'll save 10% duration too), and I had no problems doing razor+dust in Sortie 3 Survival prior to getting any AE. If you get the no-orb-drops glitch/feature, well, there's no way to fix that, but otherwise iunno what to say other than "git gud".

If you wouldn't mind could you upload a video to youtube showing you doing an enyire sortie t3 surivial or any survival and maitaining razorwing and dust without the need for AE, or pizzas. I am very curious.

@(PS4)Amu_Lambo_Ginga

On the request of a video, no, because I don't have one made already and I have zero interest in using a non-blitzwing build at this point unless I'm not pressing 4. When you've sunk 3-4k plat into making a specific build viable, you'll understand. Now, what I can guess is that you're not waiting for a full tank before going into Razorwing. That's a key thing you need to do to make it viable.

On you being a fool for that remark, yes, you're a fool for thinking that "400 hours on Titania" means anything. She had a major overhaul of her Dex Pixia very recently (as well as Diwata), there's the fact that Blitzwing was added only a few months ago, the fact that she has the most premium-build potential of any frame in the game.... There's the fact that play time with/on anything can be inflated by AFKing in a relay... There's also the question as to how much you actually know about Warframe as a whole, given both the lack of playing other frame and the lack of certain mods (seriously, you don't have a maxed Redir? And have overflow by 15% on efficiency with one relevant mod being corrupted? "But I don't need the capacity or duration"- free capacity determines your energy at start of mission, duration determines the status invuln duration on 1).

You are demonstratively fairly new, yet trying to say that you know "best" simply because you've played one small slice of the game supposedly a lot.

There's also standard console peasant derision, but that's another matter entirely =P

Anyways, builds as requested. lemme know if any of the mod names confuse.
Do note that my Titania has 12 forma (unpolarized aura, = eximus, DD -- vvv; rest went to repolarizing for build changes; unpolarized aura is suffering), Dex Pixia has 3 forma (-- vvvv), and my Diwata has 3 forma (D - vvvv).

Titania: YF-12 Archangel (200-249 Blitzwing)
GrowingP - PowerD - AE20
Narrow PCont TransF Intense
Fleeting PFlow Blitz (AugSecret | Redir)

Titania: A-10 Faeriebolt (170 Blitzwing, 100 range)
CorroP - PowerD - AE20
Blitz PFlow Fleeting4 Stream4
Redir PCont TransF AugMsg

Titania: E-767 FaeWACS (Support Caster)
ESiphon - CunningD - AE10 AConseq10
Overext Stretch Fleeting4 Stream4
Redir LDash PCont NatTalent

Dex Pixia: Melta Rounds (CoroCo Proc)
Hornet AugPact BDiff LTorr
Jolt Pathogen Convulsion Frostbite

Dex Pixia: Ritter Rounds (Crit bossing)
PPGambit PTCrack * *
* choice for slot is appropriate double-ele combo for target

Dex Pixia: Cluster Rounds (Gas AoE)
Pathogen PHeatedC Pestilence Seeker

Diwata: Viral Finish (generic crit+CO viral)
PPPoint COverload HealingR PFury
TSteel OrganS VFrost PFeverS

EDIT: Don't feel like bumping this just to post "sigh", so have it as an edit to my last post instead.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Oh I get it now you're toxic and have a god complex. Just because I have a build that in your oppinon is horrible and I have spent most of my time with Titania, and and am on console, you think your better than me. I am not new to the game and my total hours on Titania don't equal my total time in the game (it only accounts to about 54%.) I have a good amount of experience with most other frames, I just happen to truly enjoy Titania more than the rest of them. But there really is no point to continue going back and forth, you think your better than me and I think your mistanken. There was literally no need to be patronizing, you could of delivered the same message but in a positve way and we would no be having this conversation. Agree to dissageree.

Most of her powers are actually okay. They just have unnecessary mechanics.

1) Its hard CC with status protection but why does it make enemies float? I don't mind if they float TOWARDS Titania but not in random directions. What was the logic behind this?

2) Do fairies eat people's souls? Is there some distant mythological reference to this? It seemed more like a Nekros ability.

3) Either Titania spawns a stationary lantern or Titania herself emits the AoE for the lantern. Why would the enemies be amazed seeing their friend float away like a balloon?

4) Evasion is a terrible defense. Useless against any AoE attacks or attacks that home in like Bombard rockets. She needs vacuum too. I would prefer the passive of the Rakta Dark Dagger where enemies won't see you unless you're like 3m-5m close or something. Makes sense because she's small.

EDIT: And yeah, razor flies should respawn automatically. Have one respawn when one gets destroyed. People do this already anyway by turning razor wing on and off for a second. It would just be QoL.

Edited by (PS4)mahoshonenfox

I still wish Diwata had a bigger purpose like stacking DR as Titania melees....

On 2018-06-05 at 1:21 PM, Synpai said:

On 2018-05-15 at 7:41 AM, Synpai said:

Here's my 5 cent.

In addition to vacuum in razorwing: interacting with consoles and going into/out of operator during Razorwing would just be nice and not make her play more awkward than other frames.

Passive: 

• I would actually prefer it if when allies walked through the field they got covered in magical butterflies and got movement speed/parkour velocity for a duration. 

Ability 1 (Spellbind): (See Ability 3 for synnergy potential)

Making this ability "suspend" enemies

• I feel like these abilities should work in unison, and spellbind is a BIND. So this ability should be the one to lift enemies in place.
  • Also increase cast distance/ affect range in razor wing would be GREAT

Ability 2 (Tribute):

• RNG buffs are poor abilities. So I would prefer the "souls" to be an extra target that allows Titania to damage all targets affected by spellbind and when the spirit dies, explode with a status (impact) that could change if the target was affected by spellbind (blast), lantern (radiation), or both. Once the spirit dies, it grants a (consistent) buff (Seems like razorwing blitz movespeed and shoot speed should apply here) to Titania (regardless of range) then to allies within range of Titania or the enemy (maybe two different buffs if received from titania pulse or enemy pulse).

Ability 3 (Lantern):

• I feel that this should have an increased effect radius when used on targets affected by spellbind (targets meaning: be castable on allies too). And merely slow/disarm the enemy.

Ability 4 (Razorwing):

• Really the only problems I have with this:
    • Evasion is a joke (And makes Diwata nonsensical)
    • Razorflies don't respawn after awhile or after kills and are butter (should scale with health and power strength) 
    • Slamming into the floor for pickups (not horrible, but a little clunky)

As nice as Razorwing blitz is to have, it has extremely limited use otherwise you'll slam into walls, but maybe with these sort of changes it wouldn't be as bad since your skills and survivability would be ab it more reliable.

Her Lantern augment: Anything else DE....something useful 

Diwata is objectively terrible considering her main tool of survival is evasion. 50% doesn't matter when you have a horde of enemies shooting multiple bullets or out right flamethrowers in your general direction (due to her low base health and armor and shields not mattering at higher levels one of those bullets + a slash proc tick and you could drop). Quick Thinking doesn't really help cause it'll drop your Razor Wing and kill you anyway.

Now sure....if you give it 25% status chance and slash damage it'll compete with Dex Pixia but not really because Dex Pixia can crit and headshot, so I think Diwata should have a different purpose:

I,e: If Titania had a consistent method of survival in Razorwing and Diwata spread Spellbind or caused more Razorflies to spawned or something....then it would be fine for Diwata to tickle endgame enemies.

EDIT:

Wait....you made the post where I dug this up from ahahaha I thought I read that post before.

Edited by Synpai

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just gonna leave this here for anyone willing to give it consideration:

Spoiler

MAzjy7L.jpg

Suxr48A.jpg

place whatever you want in the empty slots. arcane energize is not needed (I don't have any even if I wanted to). you can stay in razorwing pretty much forever unless you're out in the plains or something were you won't find a lot of enemies. I don't use her 2nd ability but her 1st and 3rd abilities work just fine with this build (115% duration /170% range).

razorwing blitz gives you insane fire rate so I just went for a simple crit/slash/corrosive build.

proc'ing the razor blitz mod can be a pain though because you need a target. you want the movement speed in between enemies, not when you are killing them. so usually I just spam 1 to stack up the mod, kill everyone fast and move on to the next spot. if Titania had something that didn't require a target, you could use it to boost her speed in the plains. but in tight maps, you want to stay slow for better navigation.

also, as a final suggestion, try using health conversion, because like I said before, you get one-shot by aoe pretty easily. Titania usually doesn't get hit by anything allowing you to keep the stacks up which means you always have 1500 armor ready for those aoe blasts. if you loose the stacks, get out of wing mode, let your sentinel suck in some hp drops and you have 3 stacks again.

16 minutes ago, AkhorLuna said:

speed in between enemies, not when you are killing them. so usually I just spam 1 to stack up the mod, kill everyone fast and move on to the next spot. if Titania had something that didn't require a target, you could use it to boost her speed in the plains. but in tight maps, you want to stay slow for better navigation.

Are you still able to just fly to the floor and cast her 1 on the ground near you if there's no enemies around, or have they removed that function?