Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where can we report scammers?

moose2142

Question

Met someone today I would like to report. I feel that younger or more inexperienced players would fall for his shenanigans, but I know name/shame on forums is just as bad.
Basically player was overly aggressive about convincing me his riven stats were "god" (they weren't even close) and began name calling when I wouldnt jack the price from 250 to 3000 plat. I dont feel this behavior belongs on warframe (or any other game), and I feel like he could convince less experienced players of his terrible rivens in order to make thousands.

11 answers to this question

Just FYI, that's not exactly a "scam". Riven values and whatnot are very subjective, he might be convinced his mod is worth thousands, while to you it really is not. What do you do then? You refuse to buy it, or he gives up or lowers his price. That's free market. A real scam would be him somehow taking your plat and not giving you the promised Riven in return.

He hasn't taking anything from you, so why are you so aggressively wanting to report him for apparent "scamming".

If this offends you, maybe you should stay away from trading or riven tradings in general.

Curious though on why you bothered to continue the conversation when it was obvious there was no trade to be had between the two of you.

If you don't like the price someone is giving you, then best to just move on or hit the "Ignore" button if they keep pestering you.

Edited by Sean

Please explain how what he did is a "SCAM"?

He felt the riven was worth one price and you thought it was worth another. Can't see how this is a scam.

As for "overly aggressive", how?

As for name calling, click on his name, scroll down to report, click offensive language or one of the other report options.

I have been called a "insert racism" many times when I ask for one price and the buyer wants to pay another. Simply report the player and move on.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

You had your budget, he had his price, you both disagreed so no trade happened.

You may have found him to be agressive, but he did not mislead you in anyway, he didn't agree with 250 and then asked 3000 mid trade, he did not try to scam you, he tried to get the most out of a trade, but you never actually wne to trade, so a report would be pointless, that's free market.

"but he made me upset"

Deal with it, there are many traders that will anounce a price that just isn't whitin your budget, regardless if it's the 10s or in the 1000s