Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm bored vet and want something challenging and time-intensive

CorerMaximus

Who am I (maybe us)?
TL;DR- 3 year old vet
So quick disclaimer- this won't affect a majority of players and is thereby irrelevant to a large chunk of the player base since this affects only a small demographic of players- the veterans. The MR25 folks who've not only acquired every weapon and Warframe, but built them all, got rivens for all the weapons they've cared about, have enough credits and platinum to go into retirement, got several hundred thousands of polymer, arcanes, completed every focus tree, and more importantly- completed the starchart and killed Vor.

What am I complaining about now?
TL;DR- Lack of challenging end-game content
As someone from this small group- something over the past few months has been bothering me- there's nothing to do, or rather more importantly- there's nothing to engage us with. Elite Onslaught was ambitious, don't get me wrong, but it came a little too after Eidolons became a thing and by that point- almost all vets were halfway through, or had already completed their focus trees from shards. That, and the rewards were quite easy to get over a few hours/ days of gameplay. Since then- we've not had anything challenging. That, coupled with the fact that ESO was fast paced and had really giving drop tables, even rare loot like the Peculiar mods turned pretty much worthless with no sense of ownership after a while because everyone had, or could easily buy it.

What am I proposing as a solution?
TL;DR- whack, smash, brainless button mashing missions with non-transferable, unique rewards
To clarify- I'm not saying I want something mechanically challenging like Eidolon raids that require really focused builds to min-max the crap out of, nor am I saying I want really rare or cool loot like new arcanes or legendary weapons. I just want something that's exclusive to a gamemode that requires me go spinny spinny whack the grineer hard to invest hours, if not days and weeks into- game modes that require and force you into spending half an hour or more locked into a single mission that I can do once a day or more. In truth, my fondest mission-based memories (note- not talking about lore/stories, that's another discussion) are those 1 hour level 999+ survival against the infested for a broken ammo drum that couldn't be traded; or that really stupid melee only defense that ended with a juggernaut- I want more challenges like that! It doesn't even have to give me good rewards- even non transferrable stuff that took the form of a terraria styled banner with each loot in the table being a variation in hue or color (think one having an A, an exact same one having a B; and for good measure, throw in one that's super rare with an SS or something) would be amazing and I'd play the crap out of it just to get all of the letters. That would probably not only be really easy to implement, but would keep us playing daily (maybe daily 30minute level 999+ missions with perma energy drain + sortie modifiers ontop attemptable once per day with different letters forming rot A and a smaller loot table with different colors forming B/C?). I want something I can tune in for 20-30 minutes and feel myself fighting for survival for my dear life with all of the amazing gear and 7-forma weapons I have. I want a challenge with a reward I can show off to people wherein I can spend hours within Warframe trying to achieve, regardless of how unfair the loot table is.
Edited by CorerMaximus

16 minutes ago, Zavenosk said:

Holy wall of text...  But you make many good points.

There's a TL;DR that's italicized, reducing the overall discussion to 3 sentences 😉 It's kinda hard to see in the wall though, so I see why you'd think so though.

The only challenge would be by limiting the use of all the gear and mods you've obtained over these 3 years. 

If there aren't any real rewards people will completely ignore it. Even better when there would be untradable rewards.

Ask 100 people what their ideal endgame would be and you'd get 1000 answers. To bemoan the fact DE hasn't implemented your idea of endgame when it is hard to nail down what an endgame in Warframe would even look like is absurd.

You want irrelevant rewards for doing something challenging? Try not using all of those Forma'd weapons and frames, unequip those Primed mods. You are fully in control of how hard the game is.

On 2018-07-07 at 12:47 AM, peterc3 said:

The only challenge would be by limiting the use of all the gear and mods you've obtained over these 3 years. 

If there aren't any real rewards people will completely ignore it. Even better when there would be untradable rewards.

Ask 100 people what their ideal endgame would be and you'd get 1000 answers. To bemoan the fact DE hasn't implemented your idea of endgame when it is hard to nail down what an endgame in Warframe would even look like is absurd.

You want irrelevant rewards for doing something challenging? Try not using all of those Forma'd weapons and frames, unequip those Primed mods. You are fully in control of how hard the game is.

But then what's the point of getting those mods in the first place? There isn't any. If the only challenge i can get in game is gimping myself, then a harder mission IS needed.

If you're not able to do these missions, that's all you. Do what you can and I'm sure you'll be satisfied, which is good, but high level players are satisfied at fighting harder enemies. Even if there is no other reward, just the mission itself is fun.

This is what we want. I want to fight a guy that won't die by my breathe. I can compete a t3 survival sortie using nothing but my bullet jump (done myself). You honestly cannot say that today's missions are too easy once you reach a certain point.

On 2018-07-06 at 9:36 PM, CorerMaximus said:

completed every focus tree

I just finished the focus tree this week. I intentionally took my time with it so that I could avoid your situation. 

But alas here I am with you...I am not sure what I should do as a 3yr vet with all cool gear but nothing worthwhile to kill with it. 

What do folks do once they finish focus tree+obtain over 80 rivens+have tons of plat and arcanes?

I need a new way to stay involved in this awesome game. 

On 2018-07-08 at 9:18 PM, (PS4)Exia0321 said:

I just finished the focus tree this week. I intentionally took my time with it so that I could avoid your situation. 

But alas here I am with you...I am not sure what I should do as a 3yr vet with all cool gear but nothing worthwhile to kill with it. 

What do folks do once they finish focus tree+obtain over 80 rivens+have tons of plat and arcanes?

I need a new way to stay involved in this awesome game. 

We must petition for higher level missions. Honestly it fixes a whole lot, just like sorties did back in 2015. Fyi, in 2015, the highest level mission we had was star chart level 50.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

We must petition for higher level missions. Honestly it fixes a whole lot, just like sorties did back in 2015. Fyi, in 2015, the highest level mission we had was star chart level 50.

I mean- I think it is time Sorties were looked at- they were introduced at a time pre-Rivens and pre weapons like the Pyrana Prime that can take down most enemies without any mods. Personally speaking- I wouldn't mind if we double the levels of enemies we find there to actually make it challenging again.

I feel the same..

Being able to start missions at Level 100 would be nice.. Different enemies at different levels with a warning like Hades Pluto "Security Team Deployed". Best chance is 3rd Sortie, Kuva Flood and meh.. Reward limited, ability spamming Onslaught for high level..

I mean boredom  could also come down to Non-Epic Events that happen in missions.. Lua defense falling thru the ground is cool, but not so Epic.. Eventful cutscenes would help keep interest between waves and such in Endless missions.. Tileset change too.. Maybe even live Invasions of different factions..

But DE is on a budget, busy on creating new Weapons, Warframes, and Open World Venus which is somewhat Epic, but probably will be the same as anything else over time..

Edited by Grimmstyler