The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clarify Tennocon Relay requires a Digital Pass

ikkabotz

In the future perhaps make it more clear the Tennocon Relay is only accessible with a Digital Pass and allow tickets to be purchased at the time of the event.  

To add to the confusion, we are receiving messages in the inbox within game Baro has arrived but it's not being conveyed it's only for those with the Relay Key from purchasing a Digital Pack. If you didn't buy a Digital Pack before July 3rd you cannot access the relay. I'm sure there is probably information already out there about what was accessible before the event started, but the large amounts of people in region chat confused indicate there was a lapse somewhere in advertising the event.

The problem is, there's a clear amount of confusion among the playerbase, the inbox messages going to players who do NOT have a digital pass, and the region chat leading up to the event mistakenly sharing incorrect information on the relay that's now lead to a lot of confused players and salty tenno insulting them for not knowing how it works.   

Why not just sell digital passes during the event? There are a lot of people willing to buy them right now who are now aware of the event like they weren't before.

Edited by komoriblues

You probably should have checked the actual tennocon site. You know, where all the tennocon information was. Alternatively in the 90 days tennocon was on the news terminal you could contacted the community mailbox to ask that question. 

There were options and information available, you choose minimal effort and wrong location. 

The mail should have only be sent out to ticket holders, that I agree with. 

3 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

You probably should have checked the actual tennocon site. You know, where all the tennocon information was. Alternatively in the 90 days tennocon was on the news terminal you could contacted the community mailbox to ask that question. 

There were options and information available, you choose minimal effort and wrong location. 

I'm going to hear a lot of this, I'll just say it once. At the time it wasn't clear this was a Tennocon Relay requiring the digital pass. It wasn't minimal effort, it wasn't being aware of what resources were available to clarify information regarding the relay. It's impacting a lot of people. You can continue being a $&*^head though.

Edited by komoriblues

Not surprised by the hate in the comments. Leeches. Get off on your superiority for the day, I know plenty of you need it. This post is meant to be informative to those who were also confused, and possible explore how to improve things in the future. .not a spectacle to whip someone into the ground (Because we know you're all perfect)

Edited by komoriblues

3 minutes ago, komoriblues said:

I'm going to hear a lot of this, I'll just say it once. At the time it wasn't clear this was a Tennocon Relay requiring the digital pass. It wasn't minimal effort, it wasn't being aware of what resources were available to clarify information regarding the relay. It's impacting a lot of people. You can continue being a $&*^head though.

Man I'm so glad you took the time to edit in the insult, now I know it's a waste of time talking to you chears.

6 hours ago, Drasiel said:

Man I'm so glad you took the time to edit in the insult, now I know it's a waste of time talking to you chears.

Oh right, it's ok for you to insult me first when I was really trying to add something helpful to future events. By all means, goodbye. You can degrade me all you want pal, it's what you came here for in the first place.It wasn't an insult, it's the truth. You're a $&*^head.

I mean you're already assuming I "put in minimal effort" on things and that I edited my post just to insult you. Anything else you'd like to assume around what I edit? Typical forums. A power fantasy game filled with a bunch of power fantasy nerds being $&*^heads. 

Edited by komoriblues

4 minutes ago, komoriblues said:

Oh right, it's ok for you to insult me first but you can't handle taking it back. By all means, goodbye. You can degrade me all you want pal, it's what you came here for in the first place.It wasn't an insult, it's the truth. You're a $&*^head.

Hmm... 

12 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

Note the lack of name calling or insults. Note the section at the end where I agree with you, Now refer back to your first post where you state you only asked in region. That looks like minimal effort in the wrong place to me. 

You don't have to redirect your anger at missing tennocon baro towards other players my dude. Have a glass of water and calm down. He doesn't bring anything new just everything from previous visits. There will be another year for you. Assuming you don't treat people in game the way treat them on the forums. 

6 hours ago, Drasiel said:

There were options and information available, you choose minimal effort and wrong location

These are condescending and faceitious comments. Returning the energy back to you. Productive to the topic, but I know how protective the power fantasy "losers" are over their exclusive content. Even at the time of an event. 

Edited by komoriblues

1 hour ago, komoriblues said:

It was stated last year, it was mentioned this year.
It was multiple times adressed on the mainpage, on the forums and even INGAME
00MVSZl.png

4 hours ago, jmthebigman said:

It was stated last year, it was mentioned this year.
It was multiple times adressed on the mainpage, on the forums and even INGAME
00MVSZl.png

I think what needs to be cleared up is it's a TennoCon Relay, requiring the Digital Pack. Not a relay that opens during TennoCon for all players around the event. This is where many misunderstandings were despite the resources provided (as stated in the original post). To insult those who missed out on the information or had a misunderstanding is just rude. Particularly when they are attempting to convey where the confusion was surrounding the event so future events may be more successful, which benefits the game and the players. 

Edited by komoriblues

3 minutes ago, komoriblues said:

I think what needs to be cleared up is it's a TennoCon Relay, requiring the Digital Pack. Not a relay that opens during TennoCon for all players around the event. This is where my misunderstanding was and apparently for a lot of others despite the resources provided (as stated in the original post). To insult those who missed out on the information or had a misunderstanding is just rude. 

Whats rude about an announcement that the tennocon relay opened?

Looks like some people find anything rude nowadays DAFUQ is wrong with humanity..

4 hours ago, jmthebigman said:

Whats rude about an announcement that the tennocon relay opened?

Looks like some people find anything rude nowadays DAFUQ is wrong with humanity..

You're trying to spin things. Read the comments replying to the thread and there are plenty of rude people. Read your own here, "It was multiple times adressed on the mainpage, on the forums and even INGAME", what did you mean particularly in emphasizing capitalizing "IN GAME" then. .that whoever didn't see it was an idiot? I'm just saying there's an understanding to those who may have missed out on an experience and treat them with respect, it's another thing to chastise them for it. And yes, it's rude. I'm not going to bother replying to anything else. Everything that's needed to be said has been.

Edited by komoriblues

It isn't sold out it is an online purchase, there is unlimited purchases, they did say it closes before tennocon starts. I didn't even know Baro came with everything he had let alone knowing you needed to buy the pack to get access to the relay itself, I am so upset I didn't see this, I only started playing 15 days ago and I really needed the boost of primed mods... I was wondering is there anyway to access the relay or another way to get a tennocon pack? I would gladly pay extra for a late pack.. I don't want to be that guy begging someone to go buy me mods and stuff because I didn't look into it properly... 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)One Skiddy Boi said:

It isn't sold out it is an online purchase, there is unlimited purchases, they did say it closes before tennocon starts. I didn't even know Baro came with everything he had let alone knowing you needed to buy the pack to get access to the relay itself, I am so upset I didn't see this, I only started playing 15 days ago and I really needed the boost of primed mods... I was wondering is there anyway to access the relay or another way to get a tennocon pack? I would gladly pay extra for a late pack.. I don't want to be that guy begging someone to go buy me mods and stuff because I didn't look into it properly... 

Unfortunately if you did not buy a Digital Pass before July 3rd you may not access the TennoCon Relay. Plenty of people willing to buy tickets who missed out on the event. I'm sure it'll be handled better next year to accommodate those interested as it also increases profits. 

Edited by komoriblues

2 hours ago, RetroNomad said:

c0D48LU.png
Two seconds on google

giphy.gif

And yet somehow it was missed by many. Well, enough that it's all over the place in Region chat. Missed opportunity. I'm hopeful it'll improve next year. I think disabling the "Baro" email at login right now to those without the Digital Pack would help remove confusion. Not sure how to get the information out better next year. 

Edited by komoriblues

2 minutes ago, komoriblues said:

And yet somehow it was missed by many. Well, enough that it's all over the place in Region chat. Missed opportunity. I'm hopeful it'll improve next year. I think disabling the "Baro" email at login right now to those without the Digital Pack would help remove confusion. Not sure how to get the information out better next year. 

Do you think this doesn't happen with Blizzcon and their in game tie ins?
I usually try to be a pretty positive/understanding person but... I'll be completely honest with you. There are a great many a player out there that still need to be told how to shoot a gun after playing FPS games for their entire lives and if those same players don't have something plastered in shiny lights directly in their face (which it was btw for like 3 months on the client launcher)
They'll still miss it. 

This has been a yearly event for 3 years now.
This has been plastered on everything Warframe related for months now.
Every single Partner has been speaking about it.
You even frequent this forum and STILL somehow missed it on the main page many times.

This is not a DE problem. This is an issue of a few VERY loud people missing something that's been everywhere for months.

This stuff was there in plain view for all to see for months on end, and people come here to complain the day of...its almost as if they can't or didn't read the item description when it was being sold.  When I read it, I got a clear understanding of what it was I was buying and why. 

2 hours ago, RetroNomad said:

Do you think this doesn't happen with Blizzcon and their in game tie ins?
I usually try to be a pretty positive/understanding person but... I'll be completely honest with you. There are a great many a player out there that still need to be told how to shoot a gun after playing FPS games for their entire lives and if those same players don't have something plastered in shiny lights directly in their face (which it was btw for like 3 months on the client launcher)
They'll still miss it. 

This has been a yearly event for 3 years now.
This has been plastered on everything Warframe related for months now.
Every single Partner has been speaking about it.
You even frequent this forum and STILL somehow missed it on the main page many times.

This is not a DE problem. This is an issue of a few VERY loud people missing something that's been everywhere for months.

There's more options in advertising the event more clearly (like not sending a mass email out to every player who logs in that they have access to Baro when they really don't). I do understand what you're saying, but I truly believe there's ways to improve the advertising of the game for those who didn't "Get the Message" through improving how the message is received in channels and improving accessibility. I admit it was my bad on the Relay Key aspect of the purchase, ironically I was aware of everything else within the package; However, beyond myself I believe there's enough of a "newer audience" or an audience to the game that can have improved accessibility to the event vocalizing their frustration here. Again, there are a lot of confused people in region chat. There are plenty of those who did get the message (as conveyed in the forum responses), but there is enough that didn't who seem very interested in now buying a Digital Pass at the start of the event. 

The same concept can be applied to those "new to the game" attempting to learn the aspects of the gameplay and the player experience. I still believe there are avenues that can be better expressed in communicating to their market not expressed as clearly through the channels already available. It's seen around Twitch Events, the "New Player Experience", TennoCon. I don't see what's threatening about asking for an improved experience for those who don't see things like those who did. It only increases accessibility to the game.  

Edited by komoriblues