Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So are we getting PC to Switch account transfer?

toshironikko

from what i read - it makes a copy of your pc account > so everything you have on the pc will be on the console - once you do this (which you can only do once) anything you do on the pc will not affect the console version and vice versa

5 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

We shouldn't be having to transfer our accounts anymore.

DE should be hopping on that Cross Platform band wagon between PC, Xbox and Switch. I don't care if the updates are slower, I WANT TO PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS!!!!!

I can imagine the elitism going even higher than currently with Eidolon hunts, "400 captures, PC only"

With the whole point of the Nintendo Switch being its portability it would be a shame (and a deal breaker for me) if you can not use your PC account on the Switch.

By use, I mean share the account and both PC and Switch updating the same account. Copying seems pointless to me.

Edited by Arrcee
Stuff

I will definately pick up Warframe on Switch but will probably not play it seriously, (unless I am travelling,) unless it has a cross save of my PC account. It could be game changer to be able to play my PC account on mobile. 

I get that releasing on another platform is good for the people who ONLY have that platform, and good for DE (new players!) but with all the stuff going on regarding cross-play and accounts spanning multiple systems at the moment I have to agree that it'd be awesome to have Switch+PC both active and updating the same account. It's bad enough that my PS4 account is stranded with 1000+ hours and Tennogen out the wazoo and I can't bring it to PC.

2 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

DE should be hopping on that Cross Platform band wagon between PC, Xbox and Switch. I don't care if the updates are slower, I WANT TO PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS!!!!!

I get what you're saying, but no. Updates are slow enough. PC gets them 1-2 months ahead of Consoles. Not going to take that delay. Because of the cert process and whatnot...not having it. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo charge between 20 to 50,000 per update. It's free to update on PC.  Hence why we get updates so quickly and they wait so long for Consoles.

Also, the average Warframe player is pretty meh. Throw in using a controller now too? Yikes.

4 hours ago, Mkilbride said:

I get what you're saying, but no. Updates are slow enough. PC gets them 1-2 months ahead of Consoles. Not going to take that delay. Because of the cert process and whatnot...not having it. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo charge between 20 to 50,000 per update. It's free to update on PC.  Hence why we get updates so quickly and they wait so long for Consoles.

Also, the average Warframe player is pretty meh. Throw in using a controller now too? Yikes.

There's a super simple solution to this.

Have 2 builds. 1 that is cross platform viable, and has slow updates, and another that acts as a test build, which works the same as PC now. This completely alleviates the problem. Those who want to play with everyone, can play on the cross platform servers. Those who want to play on the most up to date buggy build, can play on that one.

Now as for progression, your account on PC can carry over easily. All you do is have the Cross Server take a snapshot of your Test Server account whenever there is a major update. If there are any items missing from the Cross Server account, it adds them in. Basically copying and pasting your account from one to the other.
This way, people can't complain about losing their items or progression, AND keeps the people who want the WEEKLY updates happy.

As for taking the delay, it seems pretty spoilt that you're not happy about waiting for a month for a complete and working update. We get weekly updates and you're saying that's slow? Seriously.... DE are still people, not robots.

Also I don't know where you're gettin 20 -50,000 from. That's a massive discrepancy.

Edited by Stormandreas

37 minutes ago, (XB1)DeadFall526 said:

I can promise you OP this will never ever happen! 

as quoted from the article: 

"Players on the PC may be interested to know that there is the possibility of logging into their accounts on the Switch. I asked Creative Director Steve Sinclair about the possibility of crossplay or one time transfer between platforms for those who want to play on the Switch. Sinclair told me that it won’t be possible for the PlayStation 4, but it could possibly be worked out for the XBox, and it would be a breeze for the PC. He continued by saying that he was very interested in looking into making it so players cold seamlessly move between play on the PC and the Switch. That could mean easily taking your Warframe on the go, be it travel for work, leisure, or just because."

http://massivelyop.com/2018/07/07/tennocon-2018-warframe-is-coming-to-nintendo-switch-some-cross-platform-a-possibility/

20 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

There's a super simple solution to this.

Have 2 builds. 1 that is cross platform viable, and has slow updates, and another that acts as a test build, which works the same as PC now. This completely alleviates the problem. Those who want to play with everyone, can play on the cross platform servers. Those who want to play on the most up to date buggy build, can play on that one.

Now as for progression, your account on PC can carry over easily. All you do is have the Cross Server take a snapshot of your Test Server account whenever there is a major update. If there are any items missing from the Cross Server account, it adds them in. Basically copying and pasting your account from one to the other.
This way, people can't complain about losing their items or progression, AND keeps the people who want the WEEKLY updates happy.

As for taking the delay, it seems pretty spoilt that you're not happy about waiting for a month for a complete and working update. We get weekly updates and you're saying that's slow? Seriously.... DE are still people, not robots.

Also I don't know where you're gettin 20 -50,000 from. That's a massive discrepancy.

Oh yeah, great idea, split up the playerbase. Fragment it on the same platform. What you're discussing is a PTR and in those, nothing carries over. No, the cert process is what makes it take so long on consoles.

So even if an update is perfectly fine on PC, we'd have to wait for it to be certed on Consoles first before we could play it on live with everyone else. That's a no go.

On 2018-07-09 at 3:38 PM, Mkilbride said:

Oh yeah, great idea, split up the playerbase. Fragment it on the same platform. What you're discussing is a PTR and in those, nothing carries over. No, the cert process is what makes it take so long on consoles.

So even if an update is perfectly fine on PC, we'd have to wait for it to be certed on Consoles first before we could play it on live with everyone else. That's a no go.

How is combining 4 platforms of playerbases splitting it?

On a PTR, you can force the servers to carry items over. Not all PTR's work the same, and its entirely up to the devs and how they run it. It keeps everyone happy, so those who want the constant updates can do so.

Waiting for updates to go live on Consoles happen all the time. Not wanting to wait for a month is just spoilt behaviour. Take Overwatch as a prime example. Updates DO NOT go live on PC until they go live on Console as well.
This keeps everyone up to date with one another, and stops confusion between builds.

Minecraft is beginning to do the same, so as to enable cross play. Fortnite does this as well. It's a perfectly viable thing to do, and almost every single large game does it.

34 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

How is combining 4 platforms of playerbases splitting it?

On 2018-07-08 at 2:34 PM, Stormandreas said:

Have 2 builds. 1 that is cross platform viable, and has slow updates, and another that acts as a test build, which works the same as PC now. 

37 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

Not wanting to wait for a month is just spoilt behaviour. 

You know what's also "spoilt"? Expecting everyone on PC to wait for month(s) for new content because you're too lazy to start a console account to play with your console friends.

5 minutes ago, Oreades said:

You know what's also "spoilt"? Expecting everyone on PC to wait for month(s) for new content because you're too lazy to start a console account to play with your console friends.

How is wanting to keep my progress as well as being able to play with friends and help new players on other platforms spoilt? Seriously you don't know what you're talking about.

As a matter of fact, I don't even have the funds to get a console, so tell me, how is it spoilt that I'd like to have a system that will allow me to play with my friends on PS4 and Xbox?

On 2018-07-08 at 4:34 AM, Stormandreas said:

I couldn't agree more. The bigger the community the better IMO.

However what i think is more likely to happen is that we will have an account that transfers between the platforms but dosen't have cross play (except between xbox and switch) Due to how PC is treated as a guinea pig for testing and fixing before the refined fix is sent to consoles due to how it costs money to send things through cert (I honestly don't know why they don't just allow developers to update their games without charging them... but whatever)

1 hour ago, Stormandreas said:

How is wanting to keep my progress as well as being able to play with friends and help new players on other platforms spoilt? Seriously you don't know what you're talking about.

Oh only the part where everyone else on the PC gets to wait because you don't want to have to start over. Irregardless of your ability or willingness to buy a console or not. 

Plus the added work load that it puts on DE because they have to get it right the first time instead of having the luxury of dealing with a more flexible platform. I'm not sure if you've noticed but every semi major patch tends to come with a few hotfixes. Not to mention things like getting Khora or the Saryn rework that took weeks of fairly consistent patching to nail down.  

...... and the whole bit where console players at large will probably implode because they have never really had to deal with rapid development cycles, seriously broken content or outright bad design decisions. Because by and large those never made it to their game because PC essentially acted like a buffer. Tho that bit might be amusing to watch. 

On 2018-07-08 at 4:34 AM, Stormandreas said:

Same.