Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

HUGE Enemies

Hi,

First off, LOVE THE GAME!

Second, I think one of the major aspects of the game that is missing, and seen in Destiny, is the HUGE enemy. Warframe has rooms full of hard enemies, and now open plains of enemies that hit harder, and have more armor/health, but there is no HUGE enemy that makes you go "Fuuuuuuu" when you see it.

There can be two different sizes of them, "Behemoth" and "Titan" or something.

The Behemoths can be found in regular missions at random that are dozens of feet tall and take a long time to kill but can be killed by a solo Tenno. They should have something that keeps the tenno from just running by, something that forces you to fight them but gives you a couple of seconds to get the hell out of there if you can before you are forced to fight.

The Titan can be an Alert. Make these come from the Void or something to justify them appearing and being so overly large and difficult to kill. Have them in the planes advancing on the cities and that is why it is so important to take them out and to allow them being so large.

King Titan - These are massive versions of the Titans and are extremely hard to kill and usually requires a very high ranking Tenno, or a group of Tenno to take down. They drop very rare and specific items and you receive a badge or something if you kill one.

Corpus Behemoth - a 30 foot 4 legged robot that deploys a large area shield which keep you inside forcing you to fight. These have 4 power nodes that you must destroy first before you can kill it.

Grenier Behemoth- a large mech with a single large cannon, and 4 turrets manned by other Grenier soldiers. You must take them out first before destroying the mech. It launched a mag-lock on you that keeps you from getting too far away before pulling you back in.

Infected Behemoth - a large infected being with 4 tumors on it that need to be destroyed before you can kill it. It hits you with a parasite and you have 5 minutes to kill the Behemoth before the parasite burrows inside and kills you.

Each behemoth should drop specific items only they drop. It gives an incentive to kill them as opposed to running.

I just feel that Warframe is missing the "Oh Sh_t!" moments like when you walked into the room and see a CyberDemon from Doom 2. Things that drastically change the game play of the mission for a handful of minutes....in the form of HUGE enemies.

Thanks!!

Edited by (XB1)SoulCancer86

I'm saying within regular missions that are enemy specific. Ones that pop up every couple of levels. Not something specific to kill.

You know, run into a huge room full of Corpus robots and a huge 4 legged walker like a that is dozens of feet tall with multiple turrets and drops smaller walkers that can walk on walls and the ceiling. It could have 3 or 4 power nodes that need to be taken out before you can kill it.

Or a Grenier mech 30 - 40 feet tall with a single large cannon, and turrets manned by other Grenier's that you have to take out one at a time before taking down the mech itself.

The Infested has the Juggernaut, but it can also have something else that is just large full of tumors that you need to take out one at a time before killing the whole thing.

Then an Alert saying "We have a Void Titan sighting! We need to destroy this immediately! Assemble a team of fellow Tenno and take it out!" These should have a few different designs, but should be HUGE and really hard to kill. Maybe even add a King Titan that is very difficult to kill. Like, you get a badge for killing one. These MUST be team events, they are so difficult to kill that it will not allow you to play by yourself.

Just now, (XB1)SoulCancer86 said:

I'm saying within regular missions that are enemy specific. Ones that pop up every couple of levels. Not something to kill.

You know, run into a huge room full of Corpus robots and a huge 4 legged walker like a that is dozens of feet tall with multiple turrets and drops smaller walkers that can walk on walls and the ceiling. It could have 3 or 4 power nodes that need to be taken out before you can kill it.

Or a Grenier mech 30 - 40 feet tall with a single large cannon, and turrets manned by other Grenier's that you have to take out one at a time before taking down the mech itself.

The Infested has the Juggernaut, but it can also have something else that is just large full of tumors that you need to take out one at a time before killing the whole thing.

Then an Alert saying "We have a Void Titan sighting! We need to destroy this immediately! Assemble a team of fellow Tenno and take it out!" These should have a few different designs, but should be HUGE and really hard to kill. Maybe even add a King Titan that is very difficult to kill. Like, you get a badge for killing one.

Most of the areas we have are too small, sadly. The Juggernaut was supposed to be bigger, but it was too big to fit.

Either way, what you're looking for is a raid boss. Which, fortunately, exist in the Eidolons and the things that they're calling the 'Orbs'. The big spider robots on Venus. Moreover, and no spoiler edition here, the Trailer for the Next Cinematic Quest had huge enemies. So there are going to be more colossi for us to topple in the future. 

I hear about them not fitting in the smaller levels, thats fine. But there are levels that have huge open rooms already, as well as outside levels and now the open world levels. They can be scaled to meet the size of the level constraints, but I still think the game is missing that pucker factor of seeing an overly difficult large enemy in your way.

16 minutes ago, (XB1)SoulCancer86 said:

I'm saying within regular missions that are enemy specific. Ones that pop up every couple of levels. Not something specific to kill.

Then an Alert saying "We have a Void Titan sighting! We need to destroy this immediately! Assemble a team of fellow Tenno and take it out!" These should have a few different designs, but should be HUGE and really hard to kill. Maybe even add a King Titan that is very difficult to kill. Like, you get a badge for killing one. These MUST be team events, they are so difficult to kill that it will not allow you to play by yourself.

What you ask for wouldn't fit the fast paced shooter style of Warframe. Throwing in huge mini-bosses in regular maps would annoy players as they would have to repeatedly go through the mini-bosses.

A non-solo mission pushes people away because they can't just enter the mission and play. Players would have to assemble teams, correct builds, make sure people know what they're doing over and over again. It's partly the reason raids failed, players couldn't just enter and play they had to go through arduous processes before playing.

I hear what you are saying.

Maybe not make them always in the levels, but appear at random?

and then the Non-Solo Mission, I guess good idea about the Must have a team then. Keep it open. But I really think there needs to be something huge and very difficult to break up the same game play.

1 minute ago, (XB1)SoulCancer86 said:

I hear about them not fitting in the smaller levels, thats fine. But there are levels that have huge open rooms already, as well as outside levels and now the open world levels. They can be scaled to meet the size of the level constraints, but I still think the game is missing that pucker factor of seeing an overly difficult large enemy in your way.

Well then...

what would stop the players just running past it? Very few of the really large rooms are actually empty, remember, so the thing would have difficulty moving and chasing us. And we're already faster then it.

That's why they've only shown up on the free-roam areas, where if players run, they can be pursued much more easily. And, whilst the Eidolons aren't too much of a menace thanks to their habit of wandering aimlessly, the Fortuna Demo seemed to show that Neffy is more than willing to sic big enemies on us.

Maybe have it throw up a shield or something around the room that keeps you from leaving until its killed if Corpus?

Or have it hit you with some kind of mag-lock device that pulls you back towards it if its a Grenier mech if you get too far away?

Or have it hit you with some kind of leech or parasite if its Infected that requires you to kill it, and in turn, the parasite before you die. This could be a countdown too, like, you have 5 minutes to kill the Behemoth before the leech burrows inside and kills you.

Things like this could keep you around for the battle.

Also, you can have them drop specific items that only they drop. More of an incentive to fight than run.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)SoulCancer86 said:

Maybe have it throw up a shield or something around the room that keeps you from leaving until its killed if Corpus?

Or have it hit you with some kind of mag-lock device that pulls you back towards it if its a Grenier mech if you get too far away?

Or have it hit you with some kind of leech or parasite if its Infected that requires you to kill it, and in turn, the parasite before you die. This could be a countdown too, like, you have 5 minutes to kill the Behemoth before the leech burrows inside and kills you.

Things like this could keep you around for the battle.

Also, you can have them drop specific items that only they drop. More of an incentive to fight than run.

Then they would become a nuisance if you just need to get a capture mission done quick.

Since Fortuna seems to be designing around them a lot more, I feel that they'd become more effectively added. If anything, you're SUPPOSED to run away. These big old orbs look to be the Deviljho of Warframe. In my book, if you have the choice between designing something effectively for one area, it's better than implementing it haphazardly everywhere. (Coughjetpackgrineeronspaceshipscough)

54 minutes ago, (XB1)SoulCancer86 said:

The coders can put them in certain missions, and exclude from others. There can be appearance rules to make them fit in, and not so common that its a "Here we go again". maybe like a 25% or less chance they appear in certain missions on certain locations.

That's more than a few layers of RNG.

It needs to be the right room, the right mission and then it spawns, with one chance per mission. On the opposite approach, farming it would be a nightmare. Ever tried farming Stalker, Zanuka Hunter or Grustrag Three? Speaking of, they're (supposed to) designed to cause a similar reaction and have similar mechanics. If this was implemented, it'd probably be through this mechanic.

If Eidolons and the Orbs didn't exist, I'd probably like this idea a lot more, but they do. Assassins and Death squads do as well, and they cover the "stop and fight a boss" angle. It'd be a lot of work to implement for a result that's filling niches already filled.

Although, something like this would be very viable as an assassin specifically for free-roam levels. Since Stalker, Zanuka Hunter and G3 don't spawn there and all. A big-old Mech dropping from orbit to attack you? That could shake things up.

Rethinking, I would say that the Behemoths shouldn't be that big, maybe only 3 times or so of the regular enemy, but big enough to make an impression and big enough to make you put a considerable effort into killing them specifically.

As for the Titans, I'm thinking having them called Void Titans and they come from Void Rifts only. There would be one rift level per planet that is a long path to get to the open area where the rift is happening and where the Void Titan appears. These are reoccurring alerts with something like, "Tenno, we have identified another Void Rift event on Neptune! You must stop the Void Titan before it escapes the rift!"

The Grenier and Corpus can be there to try and collect samples of it, so you must exterminate them before you get to the Titan. Also, the Infected can be in the levels trying to convert it. The levels should have the same language as the planets they are around but changed like the derelict. The rift is changing the location.

These Void Titans can be of various levels also. Some are just hard to kill, others are very hard to kill. Also these can be in Archwing or RailJack missions and have them with a flying design language. These missions will have you flying through destroyed ships killing off the remaining enemies before coming to where the titan is. Surrounded by rocks and debris for you to hide behind. You can even have these archwing missions go around turning on satellites that, when all turned on, shoot a huge energy burst at the Titan and you have to do this so many times before you have to attack it directly.

More thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say I agree but not completely, a mini boss that's around 12 to 15 feet or a beefed up 11 ft tall butcher/tech? yeah I can see that fitting in the game.
But a 30 foot tall crowds of enemies would probably be better in a semi openworld environment than a cramp corridor.

On 2018-07-09 at 4:26 PM, (XB1)SoulCancer86 said:

Hi,

First off, LOVE THE GAME!

Second, I think one of the major aspects of the game that is missing, and seen in Destiny, is the HUGE enemy. Warframe has rooms full of hard enemies, and now open plains of enemies that hit harder, and have more armor/health, but there is no HUGE enemy that makes you go "Fuuuuuuu" when you see it.

There can be two different sizes of them, "Behemoth" and "Titan" or something.

The Behemoths can be found in regular missions at random that are dozens of feet tall and take a long time to kill but can be killed by a solo Tenno. They should have something that keeps the tenno from just running by, something that forces you to fight them but gives you a couple of seconds to get the hell out of there if you can before you are forced to fight.

The Titan can be an Alert. Make these come from the Void or something to justify them appearing and being so overly large and difficult to kill. Have them in the planes advancing on the cities and that is why it is so important to take them out and to allow them being so large.

King Titan - These are massive versions of the Titans and are extremely hard to kill and usually requires a very high ranking Tenno, or a group of Tenno to take down. They drop very rare and specific items and you receive a badge or something if you kill one.

Corpus Behemoth - a 30 foot 4 legged robot that deploys a large area shield which keep you inside forcing you to fight. These have 4 power nodes that you must destroy first before you can kill it.

Grenier Behemoth- a large mech with a single large cannon, and 4 turrets manned by other Grenier soldiers. You must take them out first before destroying the mech. It launched a mag-lock on you that keeps you from getting too far away before pulling you back in.

Infected Behemoth - a large infected being with 4 tumors on it that need to be destroyed before you can kill it. It hits you with a parasite and you have 5 minutes to kill the Behemoth before the parasite burrows inside and kills you.

Each behemoth should drop specific items only they drop. It gives an incentive to kill them as opposed to running.

I just feel that Warframe is missing the "Oh Sh_t!" moments like when you walked into the room and see a CyberDemon from Doom 2. Things that drastically change the game play of the mission for a handful of minutes....in the form of HUGE enemies.

Thanks!!

Razorback (Event)
Eidilons (night plains)
flying sentients  (TBA)
Proxy Spiders (valis "sptember")

Grieener 4leged tanks (plains "TBA")

and much more in the works

Hm... I'd love to see something along the lines of "Shadow of the Colossus", not in size (which would be pretty small for Warframe), but in scope: You don't run around a level and shoot at the huge enemy, instead the enemy IS the level and you fight against it, as much as you navigate/climb it.