Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily tribute system, Login rewards, and Total time played.

xDjinn_

Does anyone know why the amount of time playing Warframe isn't cumulative? If I started Warframe on ps4 and had 500 login days and then started over from scratch on PC with the same email. Would it be possible for DE to carry over at minimum just the stats on login days?

I understand not being able to transfer items and cosmetics due to legal reasons with Sony & Microsoft, but time played is a counter on DE's end. It could easily be setup where the days are only added as either total time played or fragments of 50 days after reaching MR18 to avoid not being awarded the tribute awards.  (MR18 as an arbitrary rank)

Example: After MR18 login days from console will be added  in fragments of 50 days every week or every other week until all the days are added and then the system goes back to how it is normally.

Or if DE does ever decide to make daily login rewards random it would be cool to have that stat as total time played, time Played on PC, time played on PS4. Sounds kind of dumb now that I read over my post, but what do you guys think?

I just want sigma & octantis man lol

Your console account is separate from your PC account, so no data transfer occurs. If you restart on a new platform, you start with nothing. It would be nice to have even simple data transfers between platforms, but that is at the discretion of Sony and Microsoft (and soon Nintendo), not Digital Extremes. Even simple data like time played and login tribute days is still tied to an email, PSN, or Xbox Live account.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

DE actually made this game to be perfectly cross-platform compatible.

But the problem is of legal nature. Sony and Microsoft. You'd probably need a lot of player signatures and some lawyer work to make it happen. Possible, but I guess nobody is willing to start that annoyance over a game.

18 hours ago, Uthael said:

Given how out of sync the updates are, how do you come to this?

18 hours ago, Uthael said:

But the problem is of legal nature. Sony and Microsoft. You'd probably need a lot of player signatures and some lawyer work to make it happen. Possible, but I guess nobody is willing to start that annoyance over a game.

Where do you think there's a legal issue?

"Total Time Played" can be cheesed way easier than logging in once daily.  I sometimes leave Warframe logged in on my computer afking while I'm in the other room watching a movie or doing something else.  If rewards were given per amount of time played, people would just afk 24/7 to get them faster.  I'm currently MR15 on Login Day 60-ish and already have close to 500 hours in-game, which means I've afked a lot too XD

I'm on your side though.  I hate the Daily Login system.  They need to hurry up and release Daily Login 3.0 and hold to their early hinted idea of allowing us to choose our milestone rewards.  

19 hours ago, Uthael said:

In truth, DE started development on PS4 so that they had the option to do cross-play if they wanted. During the development of the PS4 version DE learned a lot about how the certification process works and how this would impact the PC version. Needless to say DE decided not to use cross-play for Warframe as it would cause too many issues with development.

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

Given how out of sync the updates are, how do you come to this?

Where do you think there's a legal issue?

DE can have both builds ready at the same time, except they have to wait for microsoft and sony's approval, that's why console builds are always behind, otherwise they'd be on par with PC. This is bad and good since they get the more polished versions but with a delay on hype releases (sacrifice for example).