Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Skiajati Mastery Rank

Scaleguard

1 minute ago, Scaleguard said:

Then why give it a mr at all?

To represent its relative power, of course. The same reason Lato Prime has MR requirement, for example.

Check one of DevWorkshops about weapon tweaks back in the February, it was discussed there, if memory serves.

1 minute ago, Asphyxxia said:

Duh

Well sure its there to represent its relative power but its not needed. Actually nvm I can already see the haters going oh there is no mr it must suck so maybe it is better that it has one.

5 minutes ago, Scaleguard said:

Actually nvm I can already see the haters going oh there is no mr it must suck so maybe it is better that it has one.

Well, doubt it has something to do with haters.

Found the exact Workshop, BTW:

Free weapons like the Dex series have been given Mastery Rank values to match their stats! We know these are grandfathered in inventory regardless of Mastery Rank, it's just for consistency!

Edited by Syasob

2 hours ago, Scaleguard said:

Then why give it a mr at all?

Purely for consistency.

2 hours ago, Scaleguard said:

Well sure its there to represent its relative power but its not needed. 

No its not needed, but Its purely to keep things between weapons consistent and give you a relative gauge of how strong it should be.
Just like the Dex weapons don't need MR as they are given to you and you can use them regardless of your accounts MR.
Just like Lato Prime doesn't need MR as it is given directly to your inventory and you can use it regardless of your accounts MR.

DE wants to try to keep things consistent.
Instead of people asking "Why is this MR0 weapon so strong?" they can see it and go "Oh, its MR11.  From that I can expect it to be this strong..." and compare it with other MR11 weapons.

31 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

No its not needed, but Its purely to keep things between weapons consistent and give you a relative gauge of how strong it should be.
Just like the Dex weapons don't need MR as they are given to you and you can use them regardless of your accounts MR.
Just like Lato Prime doesn't need MR as it is given directly to your inventory and you can use it regardless of your accounts MR.

Instead of people asking "Why is this MR0 weapon so strong?" they can see it and go "Oh, its MR11.  From that I can expect it to be this strong..." and compare it with other MR11 weapons

Now thats the kind of answer I was looking for thank you.

it would be only a real issue if was something to be bought or made.  like at time I got my opticor it had mr requirement of 8 then it got rework and it was raised to whatever it is now 12 i think.  I was MR 10 at time yet because i had it prior to change so had it already had access to higher MR weapon since lock isnt on use just acquiring it.  SInce this is a quest item its not acquired threw normal means so can be gotten by lower MR in theory but would imagine most would be that high by time got it just from everything got to do to get to that point

10 hours ago, Corvid said:

The game prevents you from buying or trading weapons above your mastery, but it won't stop you from using them if they are given to you by other means.

Not entirely true... it prevents trading, buying BPs to build them, or buying them with in game credits. It does not prevent buying them from the market with plat, nor buying prime access. Basically, if you are using cash for it, its cool, no gate.

10 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Purely for consistency.

Instead of people asking "Why is this MR0 weapon so strong?" they can see it and go "Oh, its MR11.  From that I can expect it to be this strong..." and compare it with other MR11 weapons.

9 hours ago, Scaleguard said:

Now thats the kind of answer I was looking for thank you.

Honestly I don't think it has anything to do with "consistency".  While @Tsukinoki's answer was well developed, it's flawed.  Oberon Prime is MR8 to craft, but nobody would argue he is more powerful than the 14 Primes that are MR 0 to craft.  The Tiberon is MR 10, but nobody would say it is stronger than Braton Prime which is MR 8.  Lesion is MR 7 (possibly the best melee in the entire game) while something like the Sarpa is MR 8.

The "craft" explanation is out because you cannot craft Skiajati.  The "trade" explanation is also out.  

TO be honest, I think it was purely arbitrary.  They could have easily just made it MR 0 and nothing would have changed in any way.  They probably just metaphorically threw a dart at an MR dart board and chose whatever it landed on.  

Edited by AlMcFly