Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will we get the option to remove Umbra's scarf?

16 hours ago, (PS4)SCP-100912 said:

So, because you think it's the best, that means they'll never do it? Great logic there.

Yes, thats exactly what it is. It's like giving us the option to remove prime details from prime frames, because some of them don't go well with certain accessories.

20 hours ago, AlMcFly said:

That's like, your opinion man.

Personally I don't want to kill hordes of enemies looking like a hipster coffee barista.  

It surely is, doesn't change the fact that it is better than any other opinion out there.

On 2018-07-12 at 7:44 AM, Koldraxon-732 said:

I'd like three toggles, available for Umbra when he isn't running his base/Umbra skin.
-1 to disable the Scarf (and while that's happening, fix Syandana/ragdoll collision issues with Warframe meshes).
-1 to disable the Crescents specifically.
-1 to disable the extra armour and other ornate bits - like the extra gold pieces on the shoulders, back and front.

All three could be rolled into a 3-step toggle using a slider.

So Regular Excal....you want Regular Excal.

That being said, it is conceivable that DE could make it an accessory like that have with frames such as Nekros and Valkyr before, allowing extra pieces to be removable only for that frame.

However, given he is a variation on Excal/Prime, I don't think DE wanted him to be able to be made to look completely the same as them.  That'd defeat the point entirely of all the work they did designing him in the first place.  Otherwise they just would have released a cosmetic pack and an Umbra Augment mod for Excal.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

So Regular Excal....you want Regular Excal.

That isn't it. Would you like it if you couldn't toggle off the Prime attachments by equipping any skin (which has the option, like the default and Tennogen ones) - including the Deluxe skins? How would you react if you couldn't remove Rhino Prime's shoulderpads on his Palatine skin? Would you resort to building and running his non-Prime version?

That's how it is with Umbra right now. If nothing changes, future Umbras will share this flaw and by extension DE will end up receiving requests such as this one, but for every consecutive Umbra Warframe. If this was actually intended by DE so that Founders, at the very least, would keep Excalibur Prime and not sell him (by intent or accident is irrelevant) because of the fashion flexibility, then the approach seems half-baked.

All I want to be able to do with him is to toggle off the Scarf and metal crescents so he can better mimic Shadow-Stalker, or alternatively wear a Syandana since his Scarf clips with everything - no Frame ever had this issue at this level besides Chroma, Wukong and Nezha - though as for Primes I'd list Hydroid, Frost and Nekros Prime to name some which have clipping issues with Syandanas.

What would be an alternative step for DE to take would be to give Excalibur (Umbra) the ability to adorn himself with the Pakal Loincloth (which overrides his Umbra Scarf/Cloth and Crescents), though DE will never allow any Warframe to wear Stalker's trademark helmet.

Summary:
-Wants ability to toggle Umbra attachments.
-At the very least, make it so we can swap the Umbra cloth/scarf and crescents for (Pakal Loincloth or) nothing (respectively).
-If this isn't implemented, future Umbras will cause controversy in the Fashionframe department.

16 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

If this was actually intended by DE so that Founders, at the very least, would keep Excalibur Prime and not sell him (by intent or accident is irrelevant) because of the fashion flexibility, then the approach seems half-baked.

What in the.... Are you smoking something? SELL Excal Prime?! Never. Not even if they gave Umbra the ability to wear the Excal P skin and helm. Nope. I wouldn't care if Excal P was put down (stats wise) to regular Excal, I still wouldn't sell him.

This idea is blasphemy!

8 minutes ago, BlueFalcon13 said:

SELL Excal Prime?! This idea is blasphemy!

I do not smoke; I merely have an open perspective. There are some among you Founders who sold him by accident - one at a Tennocon even announced this and requested help, but by then Support wouldn't've been able to give that help - and others who did it by intent as clickbait or some other reason such as a dare outcome from a risky game of chance.

Just so you know now, while I am not a Founder, I share the wish for him to be more fashion-capable, and am not intending to bear the message of 'sell Excal P because he doesn't have Umbra polarities'.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Short: I did not mean to devalue your faith in Excal P. While I do want Umbras to be able to wear Prime cosmetics (if you have their Prime variant), I do also want the option to toggle off the attachments.

1 minute ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

I do not smoke; I merely have an open perspective. There are some among you Founders who sold him by accident - one at a Tennocon even announced this and requested help, but by then Support wouldn't've been able to give that help - and others who did it by intent as clickbait or some other reason such as a dare outcome from a risky game of chance.

Just so you know now, while I am not a Founder, I share the wish for him to be more fashion-capable.

I donno... stock colors with some Edo Prime armor and a Pyra Prime back-thingy (can never spell that right) looks A-OK to me: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=568867959

Just now, BlueFalcon13 said:

I donno... stock colors with some Edo Prime armor and a Pyra Prime back-thingy (can never spell that right) looks A-OK to me: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=568867959

By 'him', I was implying Umbra being fashion-restricted by the Crescents, cloths, and extra mesh parts, and him (and future Umbras) deserving the option to wear their Prime's cosmetics, should they happen to also own the Prime.

1 minute ago, BlueFalcon13 said:

That does look good. 

The point of the thread though is that Umbra's scarf is not removable, even on any other Skin you've bought.  You know that awesome Proto Deluxe Skin that has half of Excalibur's chest in silver metal?  Not on Umbra.  On Umbra, you've got an ugly solid color chest piece sitting on top of the Metal.  

3 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

That does look good. 

The point of the thread though is that Umbra's scarf is not removable, even on any other Skin you've bought.  You know that awesome Proto Deluxe Skin that has half of Excalibur's chest in silver metal?  Not on Umbra.  On Umbra, you've got an ugly solid color chest piece sitting on top of the Metal.  

I hear you on both your edit, and this. I actually would like to be able to toggle those things on or off. While we are at it, DE, can the immortal skins get toggles too? Like the tennogen ones?

I was just having a bit of fun with an 'overreaction' to the idea of selling Excal P. 🙂

Was most definitely not angry!

Edit: you werent the guy I replied to in the first place, some of that was for him, particularly the not angry and having fun stuff 😄

Edited by BlueFalcon13
cause I fell off the short bus

4 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

By 'him', I was implying Umbra being fashion-restricted by the Crescents, cloths, and extra mesh parts, and him (and future Umbras) deserving the option to wear their Prime's cosmetics, should they happen to also own the Prime.

I dont mind Umbra NOT being able to wear the Excal P skin. It's fine, and they are both built differently for me. I'll probably use Excal P for practically everything like I already do. First prime = best frame, even when he had super jump 😄

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Excal Vanilla -cannot- be made to look like Excal Prime.   Neither can Umbra.  Where am I lying?

Place Proto skin on Prime and Vanilla = exactly the same.  Place Proto skin on Umbra = not the same as Prime and Vanilla.  Don't be daft.  

1 minute ago, BlueFalcon13 said:

This so much. Every frame has clipping issues. Sometimes it's weapon mounts, sometimes it's armor. The vast amount of stuff in this game makes this a problem for every frame.

Did somebody complain about the clipping?  Pretty sure the thread is about not wanting the scarf or crescents at all for preference reasons.  

16 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

Did somebody complain about the clipping?  Pretty sure the thread is about not wanting the scarf or crescents at all for preference reasons.  

they said its because it causes a clipping issue that makes sydana look ugly

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

they said its because it causes a clipping issue that makes sydana look ugly

That's a "meh" reason.  I want it gone because A) I don't like it, B) Umbra's features show over Skins that I purchased with money to use, which does NOT look well on them, and C) No other warframe has crap like this persist over skins you can buy.  I want to see my silver metal chest in Proto Armor.  I don't want a solid color garbage bag on top of it.  

Edited by AlMcFly

1 minute ago, AlMcFly said:

That's a "meh" reason.  I want it gone because A) I don't like it, B) Umbra's features show over Skins that I purchased with money to use, which does NOT look well on them, and C) No other warframe has crap like this persist over skins you can buy.  I want to see my silver metal chest in Proto Armor.  I don't want a solid color garbage bag on top of it.  

personally i think its looks good but thats not to say other have a different opinion

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

personally i think its looks good but thats not to say other have a different opinion

Imagine putting the Feyarch Deluxe Skin on Oberon Prime.  An awesome wooden theme.  But then Oberon Prime's goat horns and earrings came on top of the Feyarch skin, complete with a color scheme that will not possibly color match perfectly with your overall wooden sylvan design (ie: the same Brown color makes two different shades of brown).  It would ruin Feyarch.

This is how I feel about Proto skin on Umbra.  

Edited by AlMcFly

57 minutes ago, AlMcFly said:

Imagine putting the Feyarch Deluxe Skin on Oberon Prime.  An awesome wooden theme.  But then Oberon Prime's goat horns and earrings came on top of the Feyarch skin, complete with a color scheme that will not possibly color match perfectly with your overall wooden sylvan design (ie: the same Brown color makes two different shades of brown).  It would ruin Feyarch.

This is how I feel about Proto skin on Umbra.  

ah, i see