Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 HOURS mission failed with NO REASON

GX7-BLADE

so I was dueling with boss 4 2 HOURS

aftr vry long fight I managed 2 get 2 the boss' 2nd phase, but then suddenly THIS HAPPENEDXqeSyPa.jpg

AFTR 2 DAMN HOURS OF FIGHTING BOSS, IN THE MIDDLE OF DUEL THE WHOLE MISSION IS FAILED JUST LIKE THAT WITHOUT ANY REASON WHAT THE FUQ IS THIS
(and no, there was no other mission objectives than defeating lephantis boss)
can u guys explain if that sort of stuff is normal in this game or it's something wrong with that mission???

2 hours..... wow.    Why did you bring only a melee weapon to a boss fight?   They're technically not made to be handled with only melee weapons, hence why there is no such thing as melee-only assassination sorties.  And your exalted blade apparently doesn't do that much damage if that battle took so long.

What happened was that the anti-idle timer kicked in.   If 15 minutes have passed and you haven't killed a single thing, you will get that "Mission Failure Imminent: Eliminate all Targets" message with a countdown timer.

Edited by MystMan
Typo. 15min, not 5

4 minutes ago, MystMan said:

2 hours..... wow.    Why did you bring only a melee weapon to a boss fight?   They're technically not made to be handled with only melee weapons, hence why there is no such thing as melee-only assassination sorties.  And your exalted blade apparently doesn't do that much damage if that battle took so long.

What happened was that the anti-idle timer kicked in.   If 5 minutes have passed and you haven't killed a single thing, you will get that "Mission Failure Imminent: Eliminate all Targets" message with a countdown timer.

That only happens on exterminate

19 minutes ago, MystMan said:

What happened was that the anti-idle timer kicked in.   If 5 minutes have passed and you haven't killed a single thing, you will get that "Mission Failure Imminent: Eliminate all Targets" message with a countdown timer.

9 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

This is a non-issue. Next time, bring some guns.

You brought nothing but a melee weapon and a slow, inaccurate projectile melee weapon to a Lephantis fight?

No wonder you failed.

Also, next time, leave the Corpus head for last, so you have some enemies to kill and stave off the timer.

there's no better weapon than my trusty katana with its ha steeped with blood of thousands enemies

I need no other weapon

Edited by GX7-BLADE

10 minutes ago, konaka123 said:

Now you are just being stubborn 🙂

r u calling me stubborn bc I deny 2 use worse weapons than my katana?
I'm the 1 with my sword and I have no need 2 use any other weapon

Also, next time, leave the Corpus head for last, so you have some enemies to kill and stave off the timer.

corpus head don't spit out enemies in 2nd phase

Edited by GX7-BLADE

5 minutes ago, GX7-BLADE said:

r u calling me stubborn bc I deny to use worse weapons than my katana?

Look mate, you can roleplay the silent badass living on his katana as much as you want. I just would like to leave you a reminder that using a primary and secondary with range would make you a more effective player overall and help you finish fights like lephantis faster without having to do it for 2 hours and risk facing this kind of bug. 

Thanks for your time. Have fun! 😄

7 minutes ago, GX7-BLADE said:

r u calling me stubborn bc I deny to use worse weapons than my katana?

the lephantis cant be reached by your katana. in this situation your katana is worse than every single other ranged weapon in the game. stop being an idiot and acting all hardcore weeaboo and think about the game for a second. even an unmodded mk1 braton can take down lephantis in less than 2 hours.

1 minute ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

the lephantis cant be reached by your katana. in this situation your katana is worse than every single other ranged weapon in the game. stop being an idiot and acting all hardcore weeaboo and think about the game for a second. even an unmodded mk1 braton can take down lephantis in less than 2 hours.

can't b reached by my katana? how did I get 2 the 2nd phase then?? it can't b reached by ur katana 4 sure as u sound more like peasant who nvr wielded a sword in his hand than a warrior so don't u talk about my combat skills

11 minutes ago, GX7-BLADE said:

r u calling me stubborn bc I deny 2 use worse weapons than my katana?

There are objectively about 10 melee weapons more effective than your Nikana Prime. Including, but not limited to, the Galatine Prime, the Zaw pole-arms, and even the Dual Kamas and Nami Skyla Prime. I think even the Destreza Prime out-performs due to the forced Bleed proc from the first hit on the basic combo...

Role play is all well and good, but if you take a melee weapon to a boss fight that only has weak-points available to Projectile Weapons, you're not only being stubborn, you're being ridiculous.

The base Lephantis boss fight can be run in around 5 minutes on average due to the low number of tiles from the entrance to the boss, and the predictable nature of it. Even the Sortie version is possible to complete in less than 20 minutes if you don't get any bad conditions on it.

2 hours is just weird.

5 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

There are objectively about 10 melee weapons more effective than your Nikana Prime. Including, but not limited to, the Galatine Prime, the Zaw pole-arms, and even the Dual Kamas and Nami Skyla Prime. I think even the Destreza Prime out-performs due to the forced Bleed proc from the first hit on the basic combo...

Role play is all well and good, but if you take a melee weapon to a boss fight that only has weak-points available to Projectile Weapons, you're not only being stubborn, you're being ridiculous.

The base Lephantis boss fight can be run in around 5 minutes on average due to the low number of tiles from the entrance to the boss, and the predictable nature of it. Even the Sortie version is possible to complete in less than 20 minutes if you don't get any bad conditions on it.

2 hours is just weird.

what's the argument letting u assume than any of those weapons could match my katana?

my ha can reach any of his weaknesses

Edited by GX7-BLADE

6 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

Basic statistics, mathematics, Status out-does Crit at high level, and having played this game for four years. You know, facts and experience.

so y katana's heeding call attack is the 1 being in the top dps attacks in warframe?

Edited by GX7-BLADE

Just now, GX7-BLADE said:

so y katana's heeding call attack is the 1 being at the top dps attacks in warframe?

Damage caps out. Unless you mod for enough Status to make use of that damage, the other weapons will always out-perform your numbers in what's called KPS, as opposed to DPS.

Warframe is not a game based around pure damage, it's mechanical processes mean that being able to remove enemy defenses, bypass them entirely, or incapacitate them will always work better than actual damage.

It's Kills per Second, not Damage per Second, that matters because this is a horde-based game when it comes to the enemies.

For example, the Rapiers have a combo that opens enemies up to guaranteed Finishers, completely blowing away your 3x damage combo by dealing True Damage, which is direct-to-hit-points with no resistances applied. Regardless of enemy level, this attack will always hit for maximum damage, while your 3x damage end-of-combo hit will always be mitigated by armour, by base resistance to Slash damage, or the other elements you put on there.

Then again, if you want to go about it that way, in terms of actual killing potential, any Stealth frame or frame with the ability to Stun an enemy, can one-shot any enemy infinitely due to a little mod called Covert Lethality, which kills any enemy you perform a Finisher on. No damage necessary, just stun and kill. One hit. Infinite scaling.

The simple fact that the Dual Kamas/Nami Skyla Prime have better or equal Status chance and a far higher attack rate due to being dual sword types means they'll kill things faster than your Nikana.

Then you're not even considering that the Venka Prime have a damage scaling function that's 75% stronger than any other weapon in the game, so that where your Nikana would get a 1x, 1.5x and 2x Combo counter for damage boosting, the Venka get 1.75x, 2.5x and 3.25x Combo counter for the same number of hits.

Heck, I have a Zaw pole-arm that has better status chance, similar Crit chance, comes with the Viral damage type built in, attacks faster, has a longer reach and has a better Riven Disposition so it even has better damage when modded.

So yeah, you can take your 'top DPS' rubbish and stick it up your jumper. One 3x multiplier on a single attack in a single combo doesn't stand for anything if you only hit 5 times in the same space as another weapon can hit 10 times. Yes the Nikana Prime is good, it was the best melee weapon in the game when it was introduced, but we've had multiple weapons since that simply out-perform it due to power creep.

Other weapons, due to base mechanics, can out-kill your DPS and there's no point arguing about it, because it's a base fact of how the game functions.

26 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

Damage caps out. Unless you mod for enough Status to make use of that damage, the other weapons will always out-perform your numbers in what's called KPS, as opposed to DPS.

Warframe is not a game based around pure damage, it's mechanical processes mean that being able to remove enemy defenses, bypass them entirely, or incapacitate them will always work better than actual damage.

It's Kills per Second, not Damage per Second, that matters because this is a horde-based game when it comes to the enemies.

For example, the Rapiers have a combo that opens enemies up to guaranteed Finishers, completely blowing away your 3x damage combo by dealing True Damage, which is direct-to-hit-points with no resistances applied. Regardless of enemy level, this attack will always hit for maximum damage, while your 3x damage end-of-combo hit will always be mitigated by armour, by base resistance to Slash damage, or the other elements you put on there.

Then again, if you want to go about it that way, in terms of actual killing potential, any Stealth frame or frame with the ability to Stun an enemy, can one-shot any enemy infinitely due to a little mod called Covert Lethality, which kills any enemy you perform a Finisher on. No damage necessary, just stun and kill. One hit. Infinite scaling.

The simple fact that the Dual Kamas/Nami Skyla Prime have better or equal Status chance and a far higher attack rate due to being dual sword types means they'll kill things faster than your Nikana.

Then you're not even considering that the Venka Prime have a damage scaling function that's 75% stronger than any other weapon in the game, so that where your Nikana would get a 1x, 1.5x and 2x Combo counter for damage boosting, the Venka get 1.75x, 2.5x and 3.25x Combo counter for the same number of hits.

Heck, I have a Zaw pole-arm that has better status chance, similar Crit chance, comes with the Viral damage type built in, attacks faster, has a longer reach and has a better Riven Disposition so it even has better damage when modded.

So yeah, you can take your 'top DPS' rubbish and stick it up your jumper. One 3x multiplier on a single attack in a single combo doesn't stand for anything if you only hit 5 times in the same space as another weapon can hit 10 times. Yes the Nikana Prime is good, it was the best melee weapon in the game when it was introduced, but we've had multiple weapons since that simply out-perform it due to power creep.

Other weapons, due to base mechanics, can out-kill your DPS and there's no point arguing about it, because it's a base fact of how the game functions.

weapons power depends on devs, howevr even if katana would b the worst weapon in the whole game, I would still use it bc it's close 2 my bushi heart

As already mentioned Missions Failed due to a no-kill (no progression) time-out.

Normally only see it happen to players in Lephantis Sortie Assassination and was more prominent when Corpus head would glitchput and not attack. Without an eligible CC to reset Lephantis attack rotation, players would eventually get the time-out Mission Failed for that final Sortie.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

As already mentioned Missions Failed due to a no-kill (no progression) time-out.

Normally only see it happen to players in Lephantis Sortie Assassination and was more prominent when Corpus head would glitchput and not attack. Without an eligible CC to reset Lephantis attack rotation, players would eventually get the time-out Mission Failed for that final Sortie.

time-out mechanic sux
it's useless and unnecessary

2 minutes ago, GX7-BLADE said:

time-out mechanic sux
it's useless and unnecessary

Only if you bring inadequate gear or don't know what you're doing.

Curiously those are each half decent reasons why missions should fail, so I'd say it's working as intended.

Failing to properly arm yourself, or lacking the experience to complete a mission in enough time should result in a failure. You failed. *pats head*