Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Constant harrasment in free roam makes the plains really annoying

Fihuren

I think this isn't new, but I haven't found any topic about it with proper keywords.

So, to explain :
I was farming for white tower pigment in free roam, implying that I have to completely cover all the plains within the DAY ONLY to find those r*tarded birds.
And just as I walk some step ahead of the cetus' door, the nightmare begins :

- Firstly, Dargyns and firebolgs spawns indefinitely (literally, when I kill one, there's another that spawns just after).
- Secondly, camps. Not all camps, just a few. All the ones that have a mortar turret who constantly shoot you even if you are not heading to that camp anyway.
- Thirdly, ghouls, those godamn ghouls. They're spawning anywhere, anytime, sometimes during a very long time (seriously, I came to a zone near Hek Stiletto where they were constantly spawning during two minutes). I know that the ghouls have emerged, and all, but if it wasn't the ghouls, it would have been grineer patrols (who are shooting at birds).
- Finally, Bolkors. I don't have much to say except : Why on earth bolkors do spawns in free roam ? I mean, Bolkors are meant to be assault ships and I'm just a regular tenno that waltz on the plains to basically shot birds. Do I really require so much hate from playing the game ?

This constant harassment from all the things I enumerated early makes the free roam a terrible expirience. If I want action, I go in bounties, that's it.
To conclude, this mode is badly designed in the way it shouldn't be called "free roam", but "free persecution".

Edited by Finara

All of these can be avoided by running a stealth Warframe prioritizing efficiency, energy regen, and duration, like Loki. With a sniper.

Speaking of snipers, adding a maxed zoom mod and going Archwing on Plains should solve this alternatively.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Alternative added.

il y a une heure, Koldraxon-732 a dit :

All of these can be avoided by running a stealth Warframe prioritizing efficiency, energy regen, and duration, like Loki. With a sniper.

Speaking of snipers, adding a maxed zoom mod and going Archwing on Plains should solve this alternatively.

Already tried, it didn't worked, they are still spawning.
Also, equinox is way more efficient to farm the birds.

il y a 51 minutes, (XB1)AlingsasArrende a dit :

Unless they changed it, Bolkors only spawn if a soldier lets out a drone that then shoots a flare to summon it.

They indeed have changed it : once you are approaching the camps near the Ribs or the Ostwan chain, regular firebolg are replaced with bolkors.

il y a 41 minutes, Zavenosk a dit :

Itzal

Nope, already tried, It doesn't work with bird hunting, nor mining, nor fishing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Finara

I use IVARA and have no issues.

As for birds....well....I simply use my primary weapon and look around....I usually see the name pop up and shoot that.

plus I have a fairly good range enemy radar...ivara is supposed to see everything...but on cetus her range is a small on the radar.

but still its useful.