Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Artur skin concept progress.

Cowheap

Howdy, chums!

This being the third post, and completely blanking that I can just keep updating the same forum post, I've decided to start a progress thread for this particular skin concept, to that end I'll remove the other posts so I don't flood the forums. Hmm... I'm not sure if I can remove them... wait! I'll just edit this one instead 🙂 

So I'm continuing the Excalibur skin concept with some attachment updates. I'm continuing this with the limitation of Tennogen in mind for the base skin.
I'm still not entirely versed in the limitations of modelling when it comes to attachments, so I'm just trying to come up with something that will just make Excalibur look cool really haha.
I'd like to take this concept to completion, and paint a more refined version of it.

Some of the Warframe reddit community have suggested the idea of doing a Knights of the Roundtable series of concepts for some Warframes, and I would love to do something like that.

I'm really appreciative of all the feedback I'm getting on these so thanks a lot! 🙂 The only downside is I haven't actually been playing much Warframe recently so I think it's time to change that right now haha.

Update 1: First pass

YilrMPr.jpg

Update 2: Continuing the concept with tennogen in mind

xb5hNIW.jpg

Update 3: Giving Excalibur a bit more love.

w3D4k5q.jpg

Update 4: Attachment concepts.

yU55N5S.jpg

Edited by Cowheap

Really good skin you've made! I like how the shoulders guards and thighs makes him look wider but I feel like it needs more details in some areas like the arms, body and the legs in my opinion. But other than that it's fantastic! Keep up the good work 🙂 

Edited by -Shinohara-

1 minute ago, -Shinohara- said:

Really good skin you've made! I like how the shoulders and thighs makes him look wider but I feel like it needs more details in some areas like the arms, body and the legs in my opinion. But other than that it's fantastic! Keep up the good work 🙂 

Thanks a lot :). I'll keep that in mind going forward, the designs of Warframe manage to hit this great spot of so much detail, and not too much detail. Thanks for the feedback 🙂

Wow, I love the whole knights theme you created for Excalibur. All variations of the skin really mix well with the armors and syandanas. I can see this skin in Excalibur Umbra, due to that cloth piece on his waist. Really good job I hope you can go further with this in the Tennogen. 😃

I like number 2's attachments concept the most.

Honestly hope this makes it in as Excalibur's second deluxe skin.

Now for some critiques: I personally think it can do without the lotus sigil. Feels a bit overused and I'm not really attached to the lotus as hard as the operator is, especially much less so after the events of The Sacrifice. I also can't think of how to change the crown but I think it's a little too frilly (agreeing with KeLaRo below me).

Edited by RS219
critique