Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

its 07.2018 and focus is still awful

WarmongerExtraordinare

On 2018-07-21 at 2:57 PM, (XB1)Oussii said:

The question that I should ask is 07.2018 and there are still players farming for focus?

More like, it's 2018, why are people still using 'its current year' as if that somehow has any impact on their argument at all, cos it does not, it only makes you look condescending.

1 hour ago, KamikazeKamanzi said:

How else would you like to receive it? Do you expect to cap it passively? 

Is it really that hard to understand my original post(s)... by improving the focus gain from normal maps, so we don't need to go to specific maps or use very specific approaches and at the same time it would give a little variety into the monotonous task of farming focus etc. 

I have never said make it so we get it for doing nothing like you're trying to imply. 

On 2018-07-20 at 12:46 PM, ReinAxefury said:

When tridolons came out i just stopped caring about focus cap, i did like 10 captures (30 eidolons) a day (3~4 nights on poe) and maxed all focus schools using shards, if that's not your thing, there's onslaught.

Oh great thanks for that tips. Now I need to quit my job and start making tridolon whole day, every night, every hour, whole day, whole week, weekend with family? Naah I'm going to make tridolon following the dude way, vacation on beach? Nah I'm going to follow the 30 tridolon per day way. Is the focus way!

Or you could do ESO for a full 8 zone using eidolon lens and max in 30 min. 

I still can't take "we shouldn't have to do one thing only to get XYZ" threads seriously while we still can't get Cryotic in any significant amount outside of a single slow, boring mission type that sucks. 

At least Focus can be slowly accumulated passively, or lightning-fast with specific setups, Cryotic is just awful in every way.

The grind for XP isn't the problem for me... I'm just finding the focus system and amp/operator stuff a little overwhelming and it's really hurting my motivation to get into it. The most demotivating factor tho is the fact that I was Naramon before 2.0 came out which was awesome, invis on melee crits was dope, but now Naramon sucks and I have to start over earning focus for the others. I already did this work for something that isn't good anymore which is a real feelsbad.

31 minutes ago, xcenic said:

Oh great thanks for that tips. Now I need to quit my job and start making tridolon whole day, every night, every hour, whole day, whole week, weekend with family? Naah I'm going to make tridolon following the dude way, vacation on beach? Nah I'm going to follow the 30 tridolon per day way. Is the focus way!

"max cap" is 375k in 30 min (if you are mr25, if not is less). 3x3 with a good team is 465k in 40~50 min, 3x4 with a good team is 620k in 40~50 min. So... what was your point again? That you can't do it or something?

1 hour ago, ReinAxefury said:

"max cap" is 375k in 30 min (if you are mr25, if not is less). 3x3 with a good team is 465k in 40~50 min, 3x4 with a good team is 620k in 40~50 min. So... what was your point again? That you can't do it or something?

My point is, advise a people whit focus farm problem to go and cap 30 eidolons per day is they answer to their problems is a bad advise, 10 capture per day is almost a jobless people task. 

I return back from work around 7-8 pm and with some luck you could Catch 1 maybe 2 cetus night, of course if you have no family to attend. 

If you get after reset with some eso run you can cap with out the wait or toxic behind the tridolon thing. 

17 minutes ago, xcenic said:

My point is, advise a people whit focus farm problem to go and cap 30 eidolons per day is they answer to their problems is a bad advise, 10 capture per day is almost a jobless people task. 

I return back from work around 7-8 pm and with some luck you could Catch 1 maybe 2 cetus night, of course if you have no family to attend. 

If you get after reset with some eso run you can cap with out the wait or toxic behind the tridolon thing. 

oh my god, this is so funny. I say you can do 3, not 30, 9 eidolons, that's 1 night.

17 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Yay I can spend 1 hour doing the exact same thing over and over.... you're still missing the point...

Why over and over?

Go on hydron, do 40 waves, get relics, syndicate points and focus point

3 in 1 is not bad for 1 hour

and if you are talking about over and over, how many times you did that just to farm some silly resources?

So pls stop complaining

14 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Is it really that hard to understand my original post(s)... by improving the focus gain from normal maps, so we don't need to go to specific maps or use very specific approaches and at the same time it would give a little variety into the monotonous task of farming focus etc. 

I have never said make it so we get it for doing nothing like you're trying to imply. 

forgot you were OP. Regardless it's not going to happen. They made it easy for us and I do not see it changing anytime soon. It honestly does not take too much time from your day even if you work, go to school and do other things irl. You can put 30mins to the side to cap focus (at most it takes to cap) and if you want it to be done faster get an affinity booster. 

9 hours ago, ReinAxefury said:

oh my god, this is so funny. I say you can do 3, not 30, 9 eidolons, that's 1 night.

When tridolons came out i just stopped caring about focus cap, i did like 10 captures (30 eidolons) a day (3~4 nights on poe) and maxed all focus schools using shards, if that's not your thing, there's onslaught.

Just in case i remember you! 

9 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

Why over and over?

Go on hydron, do 40 waves, get relics, syndicate points and focus point

3 in 1 is not bad for 1 hour

and if you are talking about over and over, how many times you did that just to farm some silly resources?

So pls stop complaining

And when you syndicates are maxed, you have relics coming out of your eyeballs (and already have every item from them)..... that is only 3 in 1 if you actually need everything. 

And you just proved my point with your comment about farming some silly resources.....

LOL, telling me to stop complaining, I have every right to say if something is not right in the game, as does anyone else who has an opinion. The current system for gaining focus is poorly designed and has been for a LONG time, even DE agrees on this, they just haven't gone and fixed it like they said they would and instead just stuck eso in.

I do love the approach this forum is getting now when people actually speak up about an issue, instead of seeing there is a problem with something (and there is when even DE acknowledged there is a problem) certain members of the community decide that they'll just try and put down the people instead.  You're free to your opinion but that doesn't mean it's the only one. 

7 hours ago, KamikazeKamanzi said:

forgot you were OP. Regardless it's not going to happen. They made it easy for us and I do not see it changing anytime soon. It honestly does not take too much time from your day even if you work, go to school and do other things irl. You can put 30mins to the side to cap focus (at most it takes to cap) and if you want it to be done faster get an affinity booster. 

I'm not the OP, I was referring to my original comments. 

I'd rather do 30 minutes (pretty sure that is WITH a booster based on my experience) of multiple missions rather than just being 'forced' into doing one map to cap my daily focus allowance.  I also don't feel that we should NEED to get an affinity booster to max out our standing in a reasonable time and before people make the wrong assumption I'm not saying it should be 30 mins without a booster but you should IMO be able to max out your daily standing from 2ish hours of normal map play on higher level maps.  In other words just playing the game and the focus points comes naturally rather than having to force it via eso etc. 

Edited by LSG501

7 hours ago, xcenic said:

Just in case i remember you! 

Remember me what? That's not what i recommended, that's what i did. Do i have to quote myself?

On 2018-07-21 at 12:50 PM, ReinAxefury said:

And again, there are options. I maxed all my focus schools doing tridolon captures on pubs and ignoring the focus cap, you can get like 150k focus from one trio, if you can get 3x3 in one night (which isn't even that hard and can be done even with non-meta teams) you already get more focus than grinding your daily cap (because transforming shards into focus doesn't count for the daily cap), and on top of that, you also get arcanes which some of them are quite expensive, so it's like you get your focus and get rewarded for doing it, for me that sounds like a good system.

20 hours ago, ReinAxefury said:

And before that, i pointed out other ways, if you don't like Tridolon captures, ESO is there, Endless Fissures are there, if you don't like those, that's your problem. So please stop ignoring this.

I was just pointing out that's possible. i got like 1.5 million focus a day doing 1 night early in the morning, then 2 or 3 later at night, it's like 3 hrs and 20 mins of gameplay spread accross the day, it didn't disrupt any of my daily activities nor it made my life more difficult as you try to imply here:

20 hours ago, xcenic said:

I mean... if you need to quit your job and ruin your life for 3hrs and 20 mins of gameplay... maybe, just maybe, you could do as i suggested before and just do 1 single night and still get more focus and rewards? as i replied and quoted?

Do i need to make it more clear? Im going to quote myself again:

20 hours ago, ReinAxefury said:

1 Night. 1, one, uno. So before replying again and making me laugh more with this nonsense, please do the math, oh wait... i just did that for you, didn't i? So at this point i hope i made myself clear.

Edit: Now i realize i wasn't clear enough:

18 hours ago, xcenic said:

My point is, advise a people whit focus farm problem to go and cap 30 eidolons per day is they answer to their problems is a bad advise.

It wasn't an advice, it's what i did.

1 Night dude, 1 night... thats more than enough. And i have friends who do have families to attend and they surely can do 1 or 2 nights AND grind the focus cap. If you can't, sorry but that's not my problem, it's yours.

Fun facts:

1. Shards don't count to your focus cap, so you can run ESO and then do a capture if you want and those shards will give you extra focus.
  2. About that "toxic behavior", that's something you find mostly on elitist recruitment chat groups, that's why i ran almost all my captures on pubs, which sometimes lead to not being the most efficient (meaning only 2 caps), but at least people where nice most of the time and was fun.
Edited by ReinAxefury
I wasn't clear enough

On 2018-07-20 at 12:43 PM, DarkRuler2500 said:

Elite Sanctuary Onslaugh: 375000 a day

and by no means does it even necessitate specialized Equipment either!
i've always collected data on grinding things and with Normal Lenses in Public without having any Damage Abilities of your own it's easy to get ~100,000 per Rotation in Elite Onslaught.
that right there is your entry level experience. then you can add Damage Abilities and stronger Lenses on top of that and get so much more.

On 2018-07-20 at 1:06 PM, LSG501 said:

Being 'forced' into essentially 2 things to get focus at any decent rate just shows how bad focus gain is on 'normal maps' and really needs something done to improve it. 

isn't that the entire game though?
there's exactly two ways to get Riven Fuel. your choices for Void Keys are a couple Syndicate l00t crates per day, Onslaught, or <=5 Missions on the Solar Map (since you have to play all three Difficulty Tiers on the Solar Map). there are but a few places each that are efficient to collect the various generic Crafting Resources. Mining, Fishing, and smashing some Pots along the way are the only way to Craft anything out of Cetus. Amps and spacekid Arcanes is Eidolon Hunting. Warframe Arcanes is Eidolon Hunting. Corrupted Mods is two (technically one really) of the Derelict Missions. Credits is 3 Missions out of the game. 

everything in the game has but a few places that are the efficient way to get __ thing. 

9 minutes ago, taiiat said:

isn't that the entire game though?
there's exactly two ways to get Riven Fuel. your choices for Void Keys are a couple Syndicate l00t crates per day, Onslaught, or <=5 Missions on the Solar Map (since you have to play all three Difficulty Tiers on the Solar Map). there are but a few places each that are efficient to collect the various generic Crafting Resources. Mining, Fishing, and smashing some Pots along the way are the only way to Craft anything out of Cetus. Amps and spacekid Arcanes is Eidolon Hunting. Warframe Arcanes is Eidolon Hunting. Corrupted Mods is two (technically one really) of the Derelict Missions. Credits is 3 Missions out of the game.  

everything in the game has but a few places that are the efficient way to get __ thing. 

Actually, rivens while using the exact same mechanic to gain kuva do have some variety on the map locations because of them being on different maps and having different mission types.  You get the same kuva reward from whichever one you choose to do.  Then of course you have survival (could do with a buff to the rewards still)

Void Keys.... aren't you a little out of date on that or do you mean relics, in which case they're only useful if you don't have anything and don't have a stockpile which in the case of most vets is at least one of those if not both.  The only real time syndicate relic packs come into play is on new releases in my experience. 

As I said earlier the fact that we need to go to specific maps to 'efficiently' farm stuff is something that also needs fixing, that in itself is an issue imo and iirc DE brought resources up in a devstream (long time ago now) but nothing has happened since then.

PoE is in itself excessively grindy in nature to 'hide' the fact there's actually not much to do there when you think about it. 

As I said efficient doesn't necessarily mean fun due to lack of variety, I said earlier that eso is the most efficient way (I don't see stealth kills as efficient) to get focus but I don't want to have to do that every time I want to max out my focus because it's monotonous as hell and the rewards suck.

4 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Actually, rivens while using the exact same mechanic to gain kuva do have some variety on the map locations because of them being on different maps and having different mission types.

Void Keys.... aren't you a little out of date on that or do you mean relics

As I said earlier the fact that we need to go to specific maps to 'efficiently' farm stuff is something that also needs fixing, that in itself is an issue imo and iirc DE brought resources up in a devstream (long time ago now) but nothing has happened since then.

As I said efficient doesn't necessarily mean fun due to lack of variety, I said earlier that eso is the most efficient way (I don't see stealth kills as efficient) to get focus but I don't want to have to do that every time I want to max out my focus because it's monotonous as hell and the rewards suck.

Siphons give scenic variety, but not Gameplay variety. still monotonous and repetitive because ultimately there isn't really variety. different backgrounds only helps a little.

fun fact, internally they're still called Void Keys because it's a lot of work to rename everything related to them when all that changed about them was something cosmetic (other than Traces).

nothing'll really ever change about Resources so long as there are Abilities that increase l00t, eh?

well while your options are quite limited, you could do Stealth Exterminates instead if you don't feel like doing Onslaught. Stealth Exterminates takes 5-6minutes to cap Focus anyways so it'll also get it done faster if you're willing to do it that way. or if you're bored of both Dark Sectors can get pretty decent amounts(like 30-40,000 or something per usual play length).
but... Elite Onlslaught has the best Rewards that a Veteran Player could possibly get except for Riven Fuel? that's the only thing it doesn't have that we'd be interested in. it's got everything else though. which yes, is Fusion Energy and Void Keys+Traces. we get Credits outside of those Rewards so it has that too. it's really got everything.

sure, so many things being tied to XP is bad and makes the game an AFKFarming fest much of the time - but Challenge/task based Rewards isn't something the game has any interest in. i'd love for it to be but i'm not going to hold my breath for bonuses/extra rewards for Parkour Kills or Headshot Kills or for completing Objectives quickly or whatever else you can think of to make Gameplay more about actively earning progression rather than it being automatic. not in this game that's being stripped of anything that rewards Player experience and replaced with AFKFarming.

Edited by taiiat

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

sure, so many things being tied to XP is bad and makes the game an AFKFarming fest much of the time - but Challenge/task based Rewards isn't something the game has any interest in. i'd love for it to be but i'm not going to hold my breath for bonuses/extra rewards for Parkour Kills or Headshot Kills or for completing Objectives quickly or whatever else you can think of to make Gameplay more about actively earning progression rather than it being automatic. not in this game that's being stripped of anything that rewards Player experience and replaced with AFKFarming. 

It isn't really challenge/task based rewards that needs to be changed on normal maps, although lets be honest getting 'hack a console' on a map that has no consoles is kind of annoying and some do feel a little 'poor value' on a high level.

You get roughly 20-50k from just doing random normal maps for about 2 hours in my experience (no boosters, no specific cheesing, no farming map x etc), that to me is far too low and is what needs a 'buff', it doesn't need to be eso level but it would be nice to be comparable to say normal sanctuary over the same period of time. 

Also don't get me wrong while I want better returns on normal maps I hate afk and leeching as much as the next guy, actually I'm one of the few that questions the logic in getting more xp by doing nothing than doing it yourself, that's the complete opposite of 'experience'...