Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Djinn prime

Unless DE comes up with a lore workaround to justify why an Infested sentinel got primed I don't see it happening. It could be stretched like "the orokin created Djinn (infested) based on the prime Djinn", since the infested are also orokin creations, but I thinks that's a stretch.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

18 minutes ago, Dahx11 said:

Djinn is an infested sentinal so it cannot be primed.

Well Gazal Djinn ( Skin ) seems like pre-infested version of it ( there must be an original Djinn ).

It might get primed at some point. There is nothing stopping DE to do that :D

Edited by Aeon94

1 minute ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

Unless DE comes up with a lore workaround to justify why an Infested sentinel got primed I don't see it happening. It could be stretched like "the orokin created Djinn (infested) based on the prime Djinn", since the infested are also orokin creations, but I thinks that's a stretch.

You're looking at it wrong. There was an original Djinn sentinel, then some got infested. Its not taking an infested item then priming it. In addition, infested theme is not a means of exlcluding it from prime. After all we will get a nidus prime eventually.

5 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

You're looking at it wrong. There was an original Djinn sentinel, then some got infested. Its not taking an infested item then priming it. In addition, infested theme is not a means of exlcluding it from prime. After all we will get a nidus prime eventually.

True enough :)

24 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Hum... Yes, that's what I said. Since the infested are of Orokin creation (Frankly, what doesn't have Orokin paws on it on this game lol) so it's not impossible. And with Djinn's new augment I began to use it more frequently, specially for long runs, so I do hope it is the next prime sentinel, as we already have a Wyrm (my most used), a Carrier (for the ammo) and a Helios (for the scans), as well as a Prisma Shade, for the invisibility. Mechanics-wise I think Djinn is the next logical addition as an enhanced sentinel as an immortal sentinel.

Just now, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

Hum... Yes, that's what I said. Since the infested are of Orokin creation (Frankly, what doesn't have Orokin paws on it on this game lol) so it's not impossible. And with Djinn's new augment I began to use it more frequently, specially for long runs, so I do hope it is the next prime sentinel, as we already have a Wyrm (my most used), a Carrier (for the ammo) and a Helios (for the scans), as well as a Prisma Shade, for the invisibility. Mechanics-wise I think Djinn is the next logical addition as an enhanced sentinel as an immortal sentinel.

What about deathcube? Its older than Djinn and is in more need of an updated version imo.

Just now, Omega-Shadowblade said:

What about deathcube? Its older than Djinn and is in more need of an updated version imo.

I thought about it, but since I never use dethcube what does it do? I mean as in any special abilities. I like it's looks but performance-wise I always found it rather meh... And as far as Diriga is concerned I do dislike that one, so irregular and all. Eventually, anyway, I do try to be diverse in my loadouts. If the gear is good I'll use it, so eventually I'd like to see all sentinels primed.

However I want DE to further develop Dethcube and Diriga. They both could use a proper mechanic that makes them unique. Taxon, to add to all the others, still has that freezing beam, altough that's not enough for me. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

I thought about it, but since I never use dethcube what does it do? I mean as in any special abilities. I like it's looks but performance-wise I always found it rather meh... And as far as Diriga is concerned I do dislike that one, so irregular and all. Eventually, anyway, I do try to be diverse in my loadouts. If the gear is good I'll use it, so eventually I'd like to see all sentinels primed.

However I want DE to further develop Dethcube and Diriga. They both could use a proper mechanic that makes them unique. Taxon, to add to all the others, still has that freezing beam, altough that's not enough for me. 

Deathcube is meant to be the most directly offense based sentinel being the one designed mostly for attacking. Yes though, it needs some new features. Diriga though is in a decent place (aside from aesthetics, I agree its too lumpy to be floating around me.)

Just now, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Deathcube is meant to be the most directly offense based sentinel being the one designed mostly for attacking. Yes though, it needs some new features. Diriga though is in a decent place (aside from aesthetics, I agree its too lumpy to be floating around me.)

Yes, indeed. Being as offensive as it is meant to be I really have no ideas for what could actually improve Dethcube, which is sad. The bad side is that I really don't see Dethcube getting an offesive utility mechanic, specially since I got the offensive part as a Tenno lol. However I do trust DE and the community to come up with a good idea to compement it someday. I've seen the most amazing solutions to the smallest problems on this game so I'm rather hopeful that someday I'll use all sentinels frequently based on what I need from them, as I have dropped and picked up so many nerfed/buffed frames and weapons. (Djinn is a good example of this since I didn't use it at all before the augment, and now it's among my regular sentinels)

49 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

there nothing to work around Umbra is both prime and infested and the story to quest indicates all the frames are infested also the jordas golem says we are of same flesh

Edited by (PS4)Cargan2016

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

there nothing to work around Umbra is both prime and infested and the story to quest indicates all the frames are infested also the jordas golem says we are of same flesh

Hm... Look below. That's known, and I didn't say it was impossible. But there's also a limit to how much of Tenno/Infested crossing you can get. I personally don't see a Prime Synapse happening (I do want one, tho), even if by that logic there's a possibility.

I do see it more like the following: Tenno can be primed, but Frames, Sentinels, Kubrows and Kavats are still tenno-faction based. Djinn has an infested theme but I still see it as Tenno. The only strange thing I find about it is how even though it's a Tenno Sentinel you still purchase it in the Infested Lab at the Dojo, but I might be overcomplicating it on that regard.

Just now, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

Hm... Look below. That's known, and I didn't say it was impossible. But there's also a limit to how much of Tenno/Infested crossing you can get. I personally don't see a Prime Synapse, even if by that logic there's a possibility.

I do see it more like the following: Tenno can be primed, but Frames, Sentinels, Kubrows and Kavats are still sentinel-faction based. Djinn has an infested theme but I still see it as Tenno. The only strange thing I find about it is how even though it's a Tenno Sentinel you still purchase it in the Infested Lab at the Dojo, but I might be overcomplicating it on that regard.

Well to be fair the synapse is a pure infested weapon, most likely a purely infested amprex. It has no tenno relation (prime weapons are made based on the tenno class of weaponry).

15 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Well to be fair the synapse is a pure infested weapon, most likely a purely infested amprex. It has no tenno relation (prime weapons are made based on the tenno class of weaponry).

way i understood it to be

Primed was orokin original design rediscovered

prisma was an upgrade tenno based design 

wraith was the grineer designs and 

vandal the corpus designs

so uncommon for there be multiple versions of same weapon in the upgraded form

Just now, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

way i understood it to be

Primed was orokin original design rediscovered

prisma was an upgrade tenno based design 

wraith was the grineer designs and 

vandal the corpus designs

so uncommon for there be multiple versions of same weapon in the upgraded form

Vandal is a bit weird. It encompasses tenno weapons too like the lato and the imperator.

Prisma is not strictly tenno. We have multiple grineer weapons included.