Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Deluxe bundle feedback

I like the idea of Nidus "evolving" with mutation stacks but with this skin he looks super bulky when evolved.
Don't get me wrong I like the skin and all but the option to disable the mutation/armor he's getting with the skin would be nice.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb ChaosSabre:

I'd love to see a version of skin that has no energy arms and a option to make eyes closed for both syndana and the skin.

But my main issue is the energy arms on the skin. The eye thing is more of a nitpick that would be nice as a option. As for arms:

1: I just can't unsee a Inaros in idle pose with those on the skin. For extra this is wrong feeling try to put Inaros animations on it.

2: It just doesn't fit visually for me. It's a mechanical infested with some body horror themes like eyes and exposed brain stuff. But you got these dinky energy arms coming out of the side of skin. It really clashes visually.

3: It makes any chest armor look horrible when put on top of those. It just looks so bad.

Yes, agree on the energy arms. They make it impossible to use chest pieces. Would like to see a second option like you did with the "cronch" piece. But other then that amazing work!

Edit: thanks mods!

I'm going to preface this by saying I absolutely love this skin. I really dig this almost armored necromancer/lich feeling I get from it. There's a couple of issues though that I think should be addressed as certain elements of the skin are really distracting or take away from how pleasing it looks otherwise. I'll only be discussing my thoughts on the base skin and syandana. These are just my personal opinions, so please don't put me on full blast if you disagree with something! Fashion is subjective for everyone. 

First and foremost: The crossed arms on his chest. Probably the most talked about element. I have to agree that there definitely needs to be a toggle of some sort for these. 

IdCWzbt.png

They definitely look more akin to jelly than any sort of energy. Doing some work to make them look ethereal would definitely help, but I really like the idea of how he'd look without them. If we absolutely have to keep them, they'd actually look good as just skeletal arms made of the same thick bone as his skull/shoulders/legs. Since his brain is made of the same material, I'd just like for that to have a more ethereal look to avoid the same jell-o feel. Energy in those areas, especially the brain, would make him look a lot more like some kind of lich or undead knight.

Second: the blades on the back of his shoulders when you've hit max stacks. They take up far too much space when aiming certain weapons and just feel like an element that was over designed. 

CB1S5qg.png

I'd highly suggest cutting them off near the base, perhaps keeping a small piece so the shoulders don't look too front heavy. I suppose you could move them somewhere else but I really feel like they're just too much with how silly/obstructive they look when you're running/aiming. This is by far my biggest gripe with the skin. Never been a fan of huge/over designed pauldrons.

Third: His helmet during max stacks. It has some minor clipping issues with the neck guard, but I can easily overlook that with how badass the face looks. 

GFYSIKC.png

I would just suggest covering up his brain when he's fully armored up. I like the idea of going from his base form to covering up vital areas like that when he's at full strength. Minor, but I feel like it's a missed opportunity for a small detail that would have a big impact.

Last for me: The syandana. Don't get me wrong, I love this thing. It makes me think I have an armored Plaga from Resident Evil 4 chilling on my back.

l5iXASz.png

...but I'd kill to have the option of keeping the wings lowered all the time. They stick out way too much for me and never retract on their own in the orbiter or in public spaces 

That's pretty much it on my end, I think they really hit it out of the park with most of this skin. I actually love the eyes on his shoulders from a background with resident evil 4, boodborne etc. I can understand some people dislike of it though, so I think it could be fixed by just having a toggle to replace them with something like energy leaking out of the holes where they'd normally be.

Anyone else feel the same on some of my gripes? I'd like to know what everyone things so if DE do go through these threads for some pointers, they have a good idea on what the community wants.

Edited by Ravenhall

32 minutes ago, Ravenhall said:

First and foremost: The crossed arms on his chest. Probably the most talked about element. I have to agree that there definitely needs to be a toggle of some sort for these. 

I'm still scratching my head on why the Infested frame has this sort of thing; when it screams death and the realm of the Dead usually belongs to Nekros. If there comes a time where this deluxe skin does get this option, I'll probably buy it.  Until then?  Nope, I'll stick to his standard skin.  I can do better with it, thanks.  

I'm a bit disappointed that the arms are static even when reaching full mutation; I really would've thought they'd extend out to his sides in a Valkyr-style "imma claw your face open" pose or something (and in retrospect they due look a bit too much like jelly). Also his chin almost always clips into his collar regardless of which helmet you're using; feels like they could've extended it a smidgen to account for that.

That said, I am still really impressed with the skin, and that syandana alone was worth the price or purchase.

17 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

I'm still scratching my head on why the Infested frame has this sort of thing; when it screams death and the realm of the Dead usually belongs to Nekros. If there comes a time where this deluxe skin does get this option, I'll probably buy it.  Until then?  Nope, I'll stick to his standard skin.  I can do better with it, thanks.  

Nidus a zombie bruh
zombies are dead
so he has dead sign on chest
hou bou dah

well the hand is the only flaw I think....
even tho I play PS4 
I see the hands the only problem

The more important problem would be why Umbra's eye colour changes to the primary colour
I have black on and it makes me S#&$te my pants when I changed to that HELMET 

Edited by (PS4)lyfred1006

7 hours ago, Ejuz said:

In that case I have a question for you - what does hirudo look like to you?

It's a bloody claw.

It sits more up on your fist not jutting out as much so it works better for the sparring animations and the game doesn't consider them claws. The new claw skin they go way out it's different it'd look silly you just want your unnecessary synergy and fashion rolled into one but it's not happening.

Psst. Today my friend had shown me new Nidus.

What do you think about eye tracking?..

I.e. Nidus shoulderpad eyes turning in the direction where the head is pointed at (or tracking nearest Tenno independently or something).

It'd be insanely creepy, every time somebody notices it. :)

Edited by Razorvine

For the most part this skin is on point but the lack of animation on the arms immediately hit the hype brakes for me. It seems a bit silly to have them there at all if they aren't going to at least move when you cast an ability. The eye movement is cool but it makes me sad to think that it was prioritzed over having some minor animation on the arms.

I could live without the animation but the material of the arms is also disappointing. In all the promo images its much brighter and more ghostly looking. In release it just looks like solid glass. Would be nice if they at least had a moving energy effect on them or something just so it doesn't look like glass.

Also it would be nice if your arms are lit up in the dark like the rest of your energy. Right now it just makes the glass look even more obvious.

Edited by Aeryes

7 hours ago, (PS4)lyfred1006 said:

Nidus a zombie bruh
zombies are dead
so he has dead sign on chest
hou bou dah

Strange, I was thinking more like Yakushiji Tenzen particularly given how Nidus' undying work.  Not like a standard, run of the mill brain eating zombie.  

8 hours ago, (PS4)lyfred1006 said:

well the hand is the only flaw I think....
even tho I play PS4 
I see the hands the only problem

We are in agreement.  And it's there in the PC version as well.