Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Oxium Farming Problem

Thundr-Knight

" i got 5k in an hour!"

"1 thousand oxium in  about an hour and a half"

"just do galatea over and over ofr a few days"

Look DE i know you guys dont intend to have me play the same mission for a week just to make a single component, to put this into context in the same time its taken me to get 200 oxium (not marked as that Rare) i can get 30 gallium. even if im unlucky does that seem to make sense?

Im constantly singing praise to DE for multiple reasons and ive been an on off player for 5 years(since update 8 to be exact) so it strikes me as an over sight that i need to spend so much time on a resource that is used so often . 

DE i just want to fish in peace... i beg of you make it a bit easier, bump oxium prey spawn rates or have regular corpus fellows rarely drop it. i get this is a farming game but this is manual labor at this point not an enjoyable grind.

If you grind for a single thing, without doing other things, you will burn out. This is not something DE can help you with. Vauban Prime is an especially bad thing to focus on. Build other things, look for something else to do while you also accumulate Oxium over time.

10 minutes ago, Lancelot185 said:

I agree that they do make the oxium build requirements ludicrously high given the nature and quantity of it's drops. I'm still coming to terms with Vauban p needing 7k oxium (hilariously used to be 14k...).

THAT WAS NEVER F***ing FUNNY!

17 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

If you grind for a single thing, without doing other things, you will burn out. This is not something DE can help you with. Vauban Prime is an especially bad thing to focus on. Build other things, look for something else to do while you also accumulate Oxium over time.

Thats part of the problem, oxium is one of those things that dont just pop up. its in 2 specific planets that barely get quest traction and only in reservoirs and one enemy (who commits suicide)

Edited by Thundr-Knight

2 hours ago, Thundr-Knight said:

" i got 5k in an hour!"

"1 thousand oxium in  about an hour and a half"

"just do galatea over and over ofr a few days"

Look DE i know you guys dont intend to have me play the same mission for a week just to make a single component, to put this into context in the same time its taken me to get 200 oxium (not marked as that Rare) i can get 30 gallium. even if im unlucky does that seem to make sense?

Im constantly singing praise to DE for multiple reasons and ive been an on off player for 5 years(since update 8 to be exact) so it strikes me as an over sight that i need to spend so much time on a resource that is used so often . 

DE i just want to fish in peace... i beg of you make it a bit easier, bump oxium prey spawn rates or have regular corpus fellows rarely drop it. i get this is a farming game but this is manual labor at this point not an enjoyable grind.

Try IO. it has more oxium

Agreed. I'm currently building Vauban Prime and was farming at Galatea until DE killed that. Now Oxium is limited to a tiny trickle and the only enemy that drops it commits suicide if you don't kill it quick enough just to add to the frustration.

I mix up my gameplay so burnout isn't an issue for me but Oxium is now worse than Nitain to farm. At least with Nitain you are guaranteed a drop unless you fail the mission. "Ooh, an Ospr*boom*... awww."

As @(XB1)Oussii says IO seems to be king for Oxium now. The map will be burned into my retinas by the time I finish Vauban.

4 minutes ago, Shalath said:

As @(XB1)Oussii says IO seems to be king for Oxium now. The map will be burned into my retinas by the time I finish Vauban.

It has been a while since i farmed oxium, not that i need them and i have more than i can dream of, but i do remember well, i use to take limbo, spam my fourth with a double click (duration only 3 sec) and wipe the board, and by the end of 20 waves i use to get dozen of thousands

If DE did not alter that map, then IO is the place to farm oxium

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

You think that farming is a problem.
It's not.

Just wait till you maxed out everything. Then you will have millions of each ressource. You will be able to build anything as soon as the hotfix drops.
That's boring as hell.
You should be happy, that you still can farming for something.

And honestly, Oxium is easy to come by.

And not everything in the game has to be easy to get. Just work for it a bit. You will appreciate the accomplishment way more.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-08-05 at 3:51 AM, WhiteMarker said:

You think that farming is a problem.
It's not.

Just wait till you maxed out everything. Then you will have millions of each ressource. You will be able to build anything as soon as the hotfix drops.
That's boring as hell.
You should be happy, that you still can farming for something.

And honestly, Oxium is easy to come by.

And not everything in the game has to be easy to get. Just work for it a bit. You will appreciate the accomplishment way more.

never sayd farming is a problem.
in short really this one item thou just aint fun, from a design point of view.

Oxium farming issue?  Seriously?...this is a "problem?"  The only time I ever ran into that bottle neck was early on before I had unlocked Jupiter.  Now I have 18K sitting in my inventory doing nothing and I NEVER intentionally farmed for it.  And before it's asked; I've built everything of significance that requires it aside from the Mantis Fuselage.  This resource is easily obtained by just playing the game, farming isn't necessary for it unless you're targeting a specific item early in the game before you've really put in much time in the game.     

Well I am one of players that farmed it for Boben back then when it was like: Oxium drone? What is this majestic creature? Because Ive seen 3 drones per mission. And I was doing it without boosters or farming frames. Now you get 100-200 ox in corpus relic cracking mission without farming frames just casualy running throught and shooting it if it cross your path (and it cant do suicide if u have arca plasmor) . As I stopped playing when I got Boben and now started again I was surprised by amount of drones it spawns and when I wanted to get Grattler (which is 1800 ox I think) I got it in 1 day without farming. 

Just take underleveled frames/weapons and one  good weapon into relic cracking and u get relic rewards, nice exp and oxium ... triple farm in same mission.

On 2018-08-05 at 1:26 PM, Thundr-Knight said:

Thats part of the problem, oxium is one of those things that dont just pop up. its in 2 specific planets that barely get quest traction and only in reservoirs and one enemy (who commits suicide)

not only that, but combined with the capture now bleeding out for a minute, captures are no longer endless.

so DE has made it even harder to farm oxium now.

saturn is where i normally go to farm oxium i farmed like 4k during the acolyte week, and about a month prior to that. now i have to farm another 1800 for the mantix fuselage, about another 2k for other frame items. harrow and some others.

The Oxium Grind has gotten rather ridiculous. Between Dojo Research and a Vauban Prime I need like 14k. I have 800. 

DE, guys. I love yah to bits. But this is a tad frustrating. I'm not asking to be get tens of thousands of Oxium an hour or anything. But a better rate than what's currently going on would be nice. Same with Mutagen Samples, their absurdly low drop rate is heart breaking. 

2 hours ago, OfficerJuice said:

The Oxium Grind has gotten rather ridiculous. Between Dojo Research and a Vauban Prime I need like 14k. I have 800. 

DE, guys. I love yah to bits. But this is a tad frustrating. I'm not asking to be get tens of thousands of Oxium an hour or anything. But a better rate than what's currently going on would be nice. Same with Mutagen Samples, their absurdly low drop rate is heart breaking. 

What's sad is that most players exploited spawn mechanics to grind their oxium and DE removed those. So now new players have even less opportunity to gather large amounts of oxium despite DE not adjusting the crafting values. And this is the real problem since DE is not making the grind the same for new players as veterans could gather 7k oxium in just a few hours.

Oxium is like Nitain. You're not supposed to grind for them specifically. If you play Io, you'd get at least 200 Oxium per 20 wave. The point of Oxium is, if you see the Osprey, go kill it. Not having enough Oxium is punishment for skipping the entire level and enemies and only run objective to objective, just like not having enough Nitain is punishment for ignoring alerts and not opening up the star chart.

Oxium and Nitain are only a problem if:

1. You decided to get a weapon or frame that requires them right away, even when there plenty of other ones to build first.
  2. You only play through missions really fast and then spent the whole time leveling in Hydron or Onslaught. This is obvious if you have ever running out of nano spores instead of having a warehouse full of them.

It's very obvious why DE designed these resources the way they are. They're not just there to pad up the number of things to collect. They're there to force variety on you. The same with Argon crystal, which is a resource impossible to stockpile. While Tellurium is designed to force you to play Archwing missions and Cryotic is for Excavations. Is it bad to force players to do this? Maybe. But the repercussion of not having them is that players will only play a single game mode (Hydron or Onslaught) and get even more burned out. You're supposed to do variety of missions in between of your farming sessions. Take up Nitain alerts. Stop bullet jumping through the level to kill the Oxium Osprey. Take up Excavation or Archwing mission once in a while. Go to the Void and explore the map for a bit (tip: it's almost guaranteed to get Argon crystals if you open every single locker and box in the map instead of only killing enemies).

Look, I get the frustration of new players. Vauban Prime is ridonkculous in resource requirements. As a long time player, by the time he came out, I already have a stockpile of resources needed to build him. The same with the Sybear which needs a stupid amount of Cryotic. But I do know long time players who also didn't have the resources because they spent the whole time grinding in Draco (the good ol days). It's frustrating to get Vauban Prime parts and then seeing how far off you are from gathering enough resources. My suggestion is to hold off building him but keep it in the back of your mind that Oxium is an important resource to collect and to kill the Osprey every time you see one. If you have a problem killing Oxium Ospreys before they suicide, then you have a more fundamental problem to fix first. Start saving up slowly on Oxium and Nitain and you will end up with way more than you will ever need.

It's the same thing when I play with newbies and I pointed to them to scan the Vestan moss in Grineer asteroids and the plant in the muck in Grineer factories and the flowers on Earth. Better start saving up before you need them.

On 2018-08-28 at 7:12 PM, JalakBali said:

. Vauban Prime is ridonkculous in resource requirements.

That is my current Everest to Climb. Of course I started him up a week before they nerfed the Oxium farms. I'm not opposed to a challenge...but it's not like I have the time to sit and grind out IO 20 waves at a time all day long. 

i dont see oxium as a issue at all theres plenty there  just kill the oxium birds before they charge at you pretty simple really ..

i dont even grind oxium its a by product from missons its not really that hard to get ..

When i go on any mission helping new players im always telling them scan this pick that up you will need it later..

On 2018-08-28 at 10:12 PM, JalakBali said:

Oxium is like Nitain. You're not supposed to grind for them specifically. If you play Io, you'd get at least 200 Oxium per 20 wave. The point of Oxium is, if you see the Osprey, go kill it. Not having enough Oxium is punishment for skipping the entire level and enemies and only run objective to objective, just like not having enough Nitain is punishment for ignoring alerts and not opening up the star chart.

Oxium and Nitain are only a problem if:

1. You decided to get a weapon or frame that requires them right away, even when there plenty of other ones to build first.
  2. You only play through missions really fast and then spent the whole time leveling in Hydron or Onslaught. This is obvious if you have ever running out of nano spores instead of having a warehouse full of them.

It's very obvious why DE designed these resources the way they are. They're not just there to pad up the number of things to collect. They're there to force variety on you. The same with Argon crystal, which is a resource impossible to stockpile. While Tellurium is designed to force you to play Archwing missions and Cryotic is for Excavations. Is it bad to force players to do this? Maybe. But the repercussion of not having them is that players will only play a single game mode (Hydron or Onslaught) and get even more burned out. You're supposed to do variety of missions in between of your farming sessions. Take up Nitain alerts. Stop bullet jumping through the level to kill the Oxium Osprey. Take up Excavation or Archwing mission once in a while. Go to the Void and explore the map for a bit (tip: it's almost guaranteed to get Argon crystals if you open every single locker and box in the map instead of only killing enemies).

Look, I get the frustration of new players. Vauban Prime is ridonkculous in resource requirements. As a long time player, by the time he came out, I already have a stockpile of resources needed to build him. The same with the Sybear which needs a stupid amount of Cryotic. But I do know long time players who also didn't have the resources because they spent the whole time grinding in Draco (the good ol days). It's frustrating to get Vauban Prime parts and then seeing how far off you are from gathering enough resources. My suggestion is to hold off building him but keep it in the back of your mind that Oxium is an important resource to collect and to kill the Osprey every time you see one. If you have a problem killing Oxium Ospreys before they suicide, then you have a more fundamental problem to fix first. Start saving up slowly on Oxium and Nitain and you will end up with way more than you will ever need.

It's the same thing when I play with newbies and I pointed to them to scan the Vestan moss in Grineer asteroids and the plant in the muck in Grineer factories and the flowers on Earth. Better start saving up before you need them.

its good for it to be like Nitian or argon, but that still does not make farming for these resources as tolerable. at least for argon, you get at least 2 for completing 20 waves of defense in the void and you can build at least one or two good weapons. while there are weapons with oxium requirements below 300, not all of them are.

the situation with oxium goes like this: resources like nitain and argon are what i personally call "controlled resources," which controls the rate at which players can build weapons. for me, i think Oxium is both a controlled resource and an ordinary one; the stuff is everywhere (in containers, dropped by ospreys, and you get alert and bounty rewards of 300 from time to time.), but you must dedicate a lot of time if you really really want a lot of the stuff.

in other words: with every time it drops, you progress, but the goal is just way to high that sometimes you just dont want to bother. farming oxium is like farming every other recourse, but we already do that with every other resource, so the grind is just as boring.

i think oxium needs to be a better resource in general. if its going to become a thing where IO is the most ideal place to get Oxium, then make Jupiter itself the most ideal planet to farm the stuff and maybe Oxium would then be a more interesting resource to farm.

here is my suggestion: make extra Oxium containers spawn on Jupiter, make some Jupiter missions reward Oxium, and increase the Oxium rewards for high-level alerts.