The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Thoughts: How are you with 8 months of low content?

Tellakey

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Again with the pointless, valueless replies and accusations using psychological terms you ripped from wiki articles?

At least I'm contributing to the discussion.

Never realized that assumption and hyperbole were psychological terms.

And yeah, barging in guns blazing with "Everyone's entitled!" Is not a contribution, it's an escalation.

Perhaps you've missed my other comments on this thread. World's not about you.

12 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

Never realized that assumption and hyperbole were psychological terms.

And yeah, barging in guns blazing with "Everyone's entitled!" Is not a contribution, it's an escalation.

Perhaps you've missed my other comments on this thread. World's not about you.

Never claimed the world was "about me" at all.  That's kinda my point, though.  You're declaring a "drought" just because the currently available content is no longer relevant -TO YOU-, not considering the game is in a very healthy place for the MAJORITY of players.

Just now, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Never claimed the world was "about me" at all.  That's kinda my point, though.  You're declaring a "drought" just because the currently available content is no longer relevant -TO YOU-, not considering the game is in a very healthy place for the MAJORITY of players.

Perhaps you should stop strawmanning and actually read my comments. Never claimed dissatisfaction with the content drought, only an observation of it.

4 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

Perhaps you should stop strawmanning and actually read my comments. Never claimed dissatisfaction with the content drought, only an observation of it.

Declaring there is a drought is declaring that Warframe/DE is not supplying enough content to satsify you.  If you are not satisfied, that is obviously a declaration of dissatisfaction, no?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Declaring there is a drought is declaring that Warframe/DE is not supplying enough content to satsify you.  If you are not satisfied, that is obviously a declaration of dissatisfaction, no?

By all means provide a quote of me stating dissatisfaction, because until you do it's all extrapolation, and that's my issue with you. You like to strawman what people think instead of making an effort at giving a crap about their genuine opinion. Stating a fact is not the same as stating a dissatisfaction with it. Nor is it an approval of it. It simply is what it is: a statement of a fact.

Edited by Tellakey

On 2018-08-08 at 2:36 PM, skbenga said:

i dont see a content drought?

just this year we have received zephyr prime, Limbo prime, Umbra and khora with their associated weapons, alt skins, and attachments. With that there was a limbo rework. POE released late last year and since then we had "shrines of eidolon" , "beasts of the sanctuary" and now "the sacrifice" updates. they have been adding plenty of assets such as harry and garry, daragyns etc. they have even been adding new tiles to the tylesets.

all of the above has been tweaked many times over in the 74 updates released just this year.

incoming changes include damage rework, melee rework, fortuna, new frames and MFing space battles in the form of Rail Jack, giant spiders and hover boards. what more do you want?!

1. Warframe is a looter (think 3rd person view of diablo with a space ninja theme) so adjust your expectations. there is lore, there is PVP, but mostly its about killing hoards and getting stacked.
2. Warframe has more content than all (if not then most) comparable games.
3. Warframe is FREE TO PLAY which limits the amount of developers. considering what has been done, you cannot ask for too much more.

@OP if you're bored, then go slay the eidolons. they will net you plenty of focus to make your operator l33t, and you will get some arcanes which will make your frames even stronger.
bored of that? then you got sorties, alerts, bounties, kuva floods and siphons. there is also the conclave and warframe football. go play some wyrmius and flappy zepher if you must.

personally i spend most of my time on fashion frame cause i believe it doesn't matter what you do as long as you look good doing it.

hmm lets see here.

just this year we have received zephyr prime, Limbo prime, Umbra and khora with their associated weapons, alt skins, and attachments. With that there was a limbo rework.

hardly extra or new content, yeah its technically new stuff as in mastery to rank up but its the same old frames, khora being the only "new" thing.

POE released late last year and since then we had "shrines of eidolon"

Personally i do not even entertain the idea of doing stuff i find dull and boring, as such i still have a mote amp and refuse to fish and mine as i would rather eat my own face than do that tedious garbage, ive gone to poe for set mods in bountys as they are actually run/gun/normal stuff, everything else i totally ignore, given that the new stuff in there is locked behind fishing and mining with no normal fun alternative then that "expansion" to people like me barely even exists.  At a guess from the tennocon video, i would expect that stupid looking catch the pokemon rubbish to also be a requirement for run and gun progression, if so thats going to be disappointing yet again having to ignore a huge chunk of an expansion, its like a Call of Duty game suddenly adding in a tetris subgame that has nothing whatsoever to the core part of the game, you cant get any new guns to shoot people until you complete 25 lines of tetris..

Warframe is a looter (think 3rd person view of diablo with a space ninja theme) so adjust your expectations. there is lore, there is PVP, but mostly its about killing hoards and getting stacked.

It WAS a shooter/looter game till you had to go mining, fishing, photographing plants, playing space harrier and soon catching pokemon in the wild.

@OP if you're bored, then go slay the eidolons. they will net you plenty of focus to make your operator l33t, and you will get some arcanes which will make your frames even stronger.

Not everyone finds operators "fun", to many they are dull and a complete waste of time, plus even break the original concept of being some hard as nails space ninja only to wake up and find you are some androgynous emo pre-teen with mummy issues, eidolons/godzilla is also boring as anything, its also played at a terrible pov/view, i much preferred trials over this new rubbish, ofc if we still had trials, no1 except new players would even step foot in POE and it would be as deserted as the also much hated/useless archwing.

personally i spend most of my time on fashion frame cause i believe it doesn't matter what you do as long as you look good doing it.

this and endless def/surv, always the true endgame of warframe for many a year.

2 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

hmm lets see here.

hardly extra or new content, yeah its technically new stuff as in mastery to rank up but its the same old frames, khora being the only "new" thing.

Personally i do not even entertain the idea of doing stuff i find dull and boring, as such i still have a mote amp and refuse to fish and mine as i would rather eat my own face than do that tedious garbage, ive gone to poe for set mods in bountys as they are actually run/gun/normal stuff, everything else i totally ignore, given that the new stuff in there is locked behind fishing and mining with no normal fun alternative then that "expansion" to people like me barely even exists.  At a guess from the tennocon video, i would expect that stupid looking catch the pokemon rubbish to also be a requirement for run and gun progression, if so thats going to be disappointing yet again having to ignore a huge chunk of an expansion, its like a Call of Duty game suddenly adding in a tetris subgame that has nothing whatsoever to the core part of the game, you cant get any new guns to shoot people until you complete 25 lines of tetris..

It WAS a shooter/looter game till you had to go mining, fishing, photographing plants, playing space harrier and soon catching pokemon in the wild.

Not everyone finds operators "fun", to many they are dull and a complete waste of time, plus even break the original concept of being some hard as nails space ninja only to wake up and find you are some androgynous emo pre-teen with mummy issues, eidolons/godzilla is also boring as anything, its also played at a terrible pov/view, i much preferred trials over this new rubbish, ofc if we still had trials, no1 except new players would even step foot in POE and it would be as deserted as the also much hated/useless archwing.

this and endless def/surv, always the true endgame of warframe for many a year.

To be fair, your dissatisfaction with said content is not evidence of it's non-existance.  Being that this thread was intended to discuss a supposed "drought" of content, not rating of the content therein, I don't think this thread is going anywhere positive.

34 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

By all means provide a quote of me stating dissatisfaction, because until you do it's all extrapolation, and that's my issue with you. You like to strawman what people think instead of making an effort at giving a crap about their genuine opinion. Stating a fact is not the same as stating a dissatisfaction with it. Nor is it an approval of it. It simply is what it is: a statement of a fact.

Dude, I'm not gonna waste more of my time digging back through these pages to prove things you've already said,  I'm not playing a game of semantics here, either.  I'm not "strawmanning" anyone.  Period. 

Just stating that you've expressed you don't believe there is enough content to satisfy your appetite.  Is that true or false?

If you do not believe there is enough FOR YOU, that is a subjective statement, and thus an opinion.  True or false?

If this is all your opinion, then you are not objectively stating a fact.   If this is all a fact, prove it with meaningful numbers, and not qualitative statements.

Otherwise, this topic is going nowhere.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Dude, I'm not gonna waste more of my time digging back through these pages to prove things you've already said,  I'm not playing a game of semantics here, either.  I'm not "strawmanning" anyone.  Period. 

Just stating that you've expressed you don't believe there is enough content to satisfy your appetite.  Is that true or false?

If you do not believe there is enough FOR YOU, that is a subjective statement, and thus an opinion.  True or false?

If this is all your opinion, then you are not objectively stating a fact.   If this is all a fact, prove it with meaningful numbers, and not qualitative statements.

Otherwise, this topic is going nowhere.

Don't claim things you aren't willing to provide evidence for and the thread would not drag anywhere.

And here you go again. You're stating that I've expressed there isn't enough content to satisfy my appetite. False, I have not stated that. Please provide that quote or stop presenting me in a disingenuous manner, because I've always been there to support DE and I don't appreciate someone strawmanning me (get over it, it's what you do), saying that I'm complaining to a company I friggin adore. If there was ever a time I've "complained" about DE, it was through an attempt at constructive feedback, not through *@##$in and moaning.  

We've already been through the numbers. Look it up.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

To be fair, your dissatisfaction with said content is not evidence of it's non-existance.  Being that this thread was intended to discuss a supposed "drought" of content, not rating of the content therein, I don't think this thread is going anywhere positive.

if content is released but manages to bore or put-off the intended audience then that content has failed its purpose, if you are desperate or somehow not put off then yeah you have content to play, if however that content grinds on your nerves and you refuse to entertain the idea of wasting your time on something you dislike then what you have there is the same as no content at all.

DE keep adding things that have exactly nothing to do with their original core part of the game from 2013/2014 that made it great to begin with, they keep adding more bizarre non warframe'like content to try and rope in players of other genres, adding more tags to the game so it will show up in more online searches when people look for their potential next fun game to play.

Problem is tho they force that new rubbish down our throats and do not provide any standard/old school alternative (run/gun/shoot in the face etc, yeah the actual fun part of the game), or even a slower alternative to their new stuff.  let the minecraft lot have their efficient mining stuff, however let people like me who hate that garbage with a passion do some normal run/gun action at a much lower efficiency rate.

18 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

Don't claim things you aren't willing to provide evidence for and the thread would not drag anywhere.

And here you go again. You're stating that I've expressed there isn't enough content to satisfy my appetite. False, I have not stated that. Please provide that quote or stop presenting me in a disingenuous manner, because I've always been there to support DE and I don't appreciate someone strawmanning me (get over it, it's what you do), saying that I'm complaining to a company I friggin adore. If there was ever a time I've "complained" about DE, it was through an attempt at constructive feedback, not through *@##$in and moaning.  

We've already been through the numbers. Look it up.

And you claim -I- am the one "escalating" things?  Dude, check your insults at the door.  I was only posting a point counter to your own.  That's what a debate is about.  If you can't handle that without throwing insults and names perhaps you should spend less time on Forums.

17 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

if content is released but manages to bore or put-off the intended audience then that content has failed its purpose, if you are desperate or somehow not put off then yeah you have content to play, if however that content grinds on your nerves and you refuse to entertain the idea of wasting your time on something you dislike then what you have there is the same as no content at all.

DE keep adding things that have exactly nothing to do with their original core part of the game from 2013/2014 that made it great to begin with, they keep adding more bizarre non warframe'like content to try and rope in players of other genres, adding more tags to the game so it will show up in more online searches when people look for their potential next fun game to play.

Problem is tho they force that new rubbish down our throats and do not provide any standard/old school alternative (run/gun/shoot in the face etc, yeah the actual fun part of the game), or even a slower alternative to their new stuff.  let the minecraft lot have their efficient mining stuff, however let people like me who hate that garbage with a passion do some normal run/gun action at a much lower efficiency rate.

Again, however, dislike of content is NOT the same as "no" content, or a "drought".  

If I am thirsty, and we have stacks and stacks of fresh water bottles in the house, but I -dislike- water...that is not the same as not having access to any drinks whatsoever.

So, all I'm trying to clarify here is that you or others not liking the content is a personal issue and is not indicative of a scheduling or content release issue from DE.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

And you claim -I- am the one "escalating" things?  Dude, check your insults at the door.  I was only posting a point counter to your own.  That's what a debate is about.  If you can't handle that without throwing insults and names perhaps you should spend less time on Forums.

I'm giving up. If your next post has nothing to do with what I write I'm calling it quits.

Insults? Names? What. Are. You. Talking. About?

Edited by Tellakey

1 minute ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

I thought this thread would end after my second post, but to put it more simply. Everyone has a different definition that they would use to define content. 

Everyone is both right and wrong in their perception of the content drought because there are many sides to it as I've mentioned before

Someone with a more collection or completion style of play will consider the existence of things to scan potentially satisfying. There are different things you can value and refer to as "content" it is both in drought and plentiful depending on how you look at it. If you define content as just hotfixes and updates then you're drowning if you define content as competition, clan based, leader-board or some other references to Quasar-like interests then you're nearly-carrion on a summer day near the Equator.

So is there a content drought or isn't there? Yes.

Everyone has different playtimes and perspectives, so I can't even say ALL veterans feel like there's a content drought because there are some that are collectors or Riven rollers that enjoy running Kuva missions all day.

On 2018-08-08 at 8:03 AM, Synpai said:

I suppose there are some that are sick of it and some that are sick of the opposite. There are multiple sides to this argument, don't dismiss the other as myth because you don't agree with it. 

There is validity to all sides (different content styles appeal to different people):

A) Yes old systems need to be looked at, bugs fixed etc.

B) Interesting and new gameplay being so far apart is unsettling

C) I don't care what happens because I'm preoccupied with life or another game while waiting.

The best way is to have a little bit of both, which is why I'm hoping DE don't make Fortuna like PoE. I.e: You play for a few months and never go back.
This will just continue the cycle. I'm perfectly fine with a massive Development time depending on the outcome.

Adding a weapon or warframe every month is also a double edged sword because or arsenal bloat and leveling being a few minutes worth of gameplay.

DE are always working on multiple things and it's a miracle what they've pulled off with their team. I think it's good to take note of these things as a player, but not to shrug off qualms because DE may not have the hands they need to fully maintain Warframe as the player base evolves.

Progression and gameplay are currently: us being brought fish instead of having the tools for fishing available.

I think if the game had more self sustaining progression systems and rewarding high tier missions it would give players a bigger distraction as DE introduce new content (The story of Herodotus using games to help his people survive famine is literally this). For example, having to farm materials in order to do a special quest with Baro that allows players to Umbra a Warframe or Mod every couple weeks or something.

Just now, Tellakey said:

I'm giving up. If you're never post has nothing to do with what I write I'm calling it quits.

Insults? Names? What. Are. You. Talking. About?

If you don't hear yourself then that's another issue I'm not getting into here.

But put simply, if you sat down in the kitchen, and your mother told you she'd had a long day at work and dinner schedule would be a little off...but that there's plenty of leftovers in the fridge to hold you over...then you started saying "Well, it's been hours since my last meal."  and just sat there....stating "I'm not complaining, just stating that you haven't cooked dinner yet, and I'm getting hungry."

Do you think she'd understand that as "not an insult / complaint"?  

Because that's exactly how this thread comes across. 

Just now, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

If you don't hear yourself then that's another issue I'm not getting into here.

But put simply, if you sat down in the kitchen, and your mother told you she'd had a long day at work and dinner schedule would be a little off...but that there's plenty of leftovers in the fridge to hold you over...then you started saying "Well, it's been hours since my last meal."  and just sat there....stating "I'm not complaining, just stating that you haven't cooked dinner yet, and I'm getting hungry."

Do you think she'd understand that as "not an insult / complaint"?  

Because that's exactly how this thread comes across. 

Nice false equivalent there.

Anywho. You're clearly not willing to debate in good faith.

Bye.

On 2018-08-07 at 1:42 AM, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

I'm confused where these people come up with the idea that we have some sort of "drought"?  In the last 12 months, there have been dozens of updates, not to mention 3 major quests, and a huge Open World....  I don't see the issue.

I mean, I can't be the only one who grew up in a world where games USED to cost money to buy, and there wasn't -ever- an update, because game updates used to be entirely new game discs/cartridges.  I got the latest Ninja Turtles game for NES, and I was set...for more than a year, in most cases.

Nowadays, we get the game (FOR FREE!), updates (For FREEEEE), and more, at zero cost, and all we can do is sit around demanding more!?  

Like, no...I'm fine with what we've got.  We have plenty else to do in life beside play Warframe.  When DE releases more (FREE) stuff, I'll be sure to play that too.  There's no drought, and certainly no need to rush them.  Creativity doesn't always follow a schedule, ya know.

And Im confused with people that think the existing content is enough. For a persistent service based game, there isn't enough content variety. Especially one that's been live for 5+ years. I'm still new and I'm already getting bored with the exact same handful of mission types.

A handful of mission types and interconnecting tile sets aren't going to last forever.

Story missions are one and done. I don't think the extra labour and cost is worth it. All the extra diologue, animation, editing etc. For a bite sized story that's forgotten in a day.

This games loop is no different than a ARPG. It's basically Diablo in 3D with ninjas. Why can't they consider systems which make people farm the same maps infinitely in those games ?

A difficulty slider with scaling rewards would be a fantastic way to make old content useful again. Instead of doing level 10 alerts, we should be able to scale up to level 100 alerts with appropriate rewards.

Either they need way more content for high level people. Or they need a slider to let us make existing content match our gear levels.

Until then, unless you're new, I can't fathom how anyone could think there isn't a drought.

And plains can suck it. It's not structured well at all. Zone into a laggy city and then go for a mission then wait an hour for lowbies without archwings. Plains should be more integrated into existing systems and move all the npcs into the plains. Get rid of the city. There's no need to hard reset after every bounty. Just let it go on until I feel like leaving.

Games 5 years old and I can still count on one hand the amount of mission types. Yes there's a drought. Unless of course the goal was for us to farm survival ad nauseum for 5 years....

4 minutes ago, IIDMOII said:

And Im confused with people that think the existing content is enough. For a persistent service based game, there isn't enough content variety. Especially one that's been live for 5+ years. I'm still new and I'm already getting bored with the exact same handful of mission types.

A handful of mission types and interconnecting tile sets aren't going to last forever.

Story missions are one and done. I don't think the extra labour and cost is worth it. All the extra diologue, animation, editing etc. For a bite sized story that's forgotten in a day.

This games loop is no different than a ARPG. It's basically Diablo in 3D with ninjas. Why can't they consider systems which make people farm the same maps infinitely in those games ?

A difficulty slider with scaling rewards would be a fantastic way to make old content useful again. Instead of doing level 10 alerts, we should be able to scale up to level 100 alerts with appropriate rewards.

Either they need way more content for high level people. Or they need a slider to let us make existing content match our gear levels.

Until then, unless you're new, I can't fathom how anyone could think there isn't a drought.

And plains can suck it. It's not structured well at all. Zone into a laggy city and then go for a mission then wait an hour for lowbies without archwings. Plains should be more integrated into existing systems and move all the npcs into the plains. Get rid of the city. There's no need to hard reset after every bounty. Just let it go on until I feel like leaving.

Games 5 years old and I can still count on one hand the amount of mission types. Yes there's a drought. Unless of course the goal was for us to farm survival ad nauseum for 5 years....

For one thing, I've been with the game for well over 1000+ hrs, and no I don't think there's a drought.  Now, whether or not you ENJOY the content therein is completely subjective. 

You move to remove story missions because they're "pointless" to you?  And yet, the majority of the community hails Warframe's cinematic quests as one of the game's best features!  So, uh, good luck with that.

I, personally, LOVE PoE.  I find no lag, and have zero issues with the town being there.

Now if you're not finding things difficult enough to challenge you, that's not a content drought, that's a difficulty scaling issue, and that's another topic entirely.  
Mission types are repetitive on paper, but very often one moves too fast through it to notice the differences regardless.

DE has already shown they're working on more mission types (Railjack, for one), and Open World maps are meant to enable the players to just jump into encounters vs "low level alerts" all day. 

What's more, though, is that those alerts don't need to scale.  They're there for -everyone-.  If they were higher level, they'd lock lower-tier players out of needed resources or mods.   Many of us play Warframe to get stronger, and we enjoy BEING strong.  Why do we want the game to make us feel like toothpicks.   If I wanted that, I'd just run around as Operator without gear.

Regardless, I digress.... Lack of what you perceive as difficulty is not lack of content.   Not liking something does not mean it doesn't exist.  I really don't know how many more ways I can say that.

3 hours ago, renleech said:

I'm a veteran too, and i feel the so called "content drought". I wanted cinematic quests every 2 months, an avalanche of content that could drown me in stuff to do. But:

1 - Is this healthy? I have a life. And other games. And the grind, not just open world grind, is sometimes mind-numbing.

2 - is this way humanly possible? Don't think so. Even then, try to remember that this is DE, not a company like Blizzard, with a huge staff to keep players spoiled like OP hopes to be.

I'm not complaining, because i have other things to do. Warframe is very nice, but i don't live in it.

Me thinks OP needs to moderate playtime before burning out. Or not, leave in bitterness to return with more patience...

THIS!   This is what I've been trying to say (though perhaps not as well-put!)   Though I don't think there is anything dramatic enough to be called a "drought", I do understand that we all want more, more, MORE!  But it isn't sane to expect that of anyone.  And as you so well wrote, there is plenty else to do.  Warframe is NOT DESIGNED to be life support.  It is not designed to provide 24/7/365/5+ entertainment for everyone.  It just isn't.   Any game that does is typically sacrificing quality -heavily-  ,....and I don't want to see that happen to Warframe just because some people wanted more "stuff" (which they can't even seem to define what that "stuff" would be)

On 2018-08-07 at 1:15 AM, Tellakey said:

I'm asking because so far as DE is willing to reveal, semi open-world nodes are the future of Warframe, sprinkled with more minor features like a yearly cinematic, Sanctuary Onslaught, The Kingpin System, Railjack and so on. The developmental route for these open worlds seems to consist of major usage of the workforce, resulting in less content throughout the year until the eventual release of a centerpiece, previously Plains of Eidolon, and at the moment Fortuna.

This year has been aptly named The Year of the Drought, but could it mark a more significant change in Warframe's content production timetable? What if every year from now on will be similar, with 8 months of small content production leading up to a big release? Would you be satisfied? Or do you like the older system better?

Keep in mind that according to DE Steve the company has an ideological and financial incentive to maintain a moderate scale of staff,  meaning that an expansion in the workforce, while possible, is unlikely, hence a stasis in terms of productivity rates. 

From what I've been seeing, I don't think this production process will last forever.

At best, I see two more open worlds for the Sol-Origin System and then one for Tau.

As for how I'll feel in that interim between each of said possible releases? I think that, as they continue to work upon these open worlds, they'll gradually gain more experience in the process. The millennia it took for Eidolon reduced to metaphorical hundreds of years for Venus, hundreds to decades for ____, and then decades to paltry sums of time for ___.

As time goes on, the pain of waiting may gradually be tempered as Digital actually begins to learn how to reduce production times and handle "us" during the interim period.

(As an aside, I'm a bit of an abnormal fan, what with my "content creation" forum fun and all that, so, I'm perfectly alright with being told my view may be wrong in the grand scheme of things.)

2 hours ago, Unus said:

From what I've been seeing, I don't think this production process will last forever.

At best, I see two more open worlds for the Sol-Origin System and then one for Tau.

As for how I'll feel in that interim between each of said possible releases? I think that, as they continue to work upon these open worlds, they'll gradually gain more experience in the process. The millennia it took for Eidolon reduced to metaphorical hundreds of years for Venus, hundreds to decades for ____, and then decades to paltry sums of time for ___.

As time goes on, the pain of waiting may gradually be tempered as Digital actually begins to learn how to reduce production times and handle "us" during the interim period.

(As an aside, I'm a bit of an abnormal fan, what with my "content creation" forum fun and all that, so, I'm perfectly alright with being told my view may be wrong in the grand scheme of things.)

I agree on scaling timeframes, tbh.   Ya gotta figure, for PoE DE had to develop it from -scratch-.   Like building a car from scraps.  With Fortuna, DE now has a working model to build off of, saving them TONS of time, they just have to modify it and scale it up.   Same for next open world, etc.

All content DE adds has always been about trying at least 1 new thing, and if it succeeds, they transplant it into the next update and scale it up.  Ya know...Game developers actually developing stuff lol

Yet people get so impatient or make so many assumptions.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

All content DE adds has always been about trying at least 1 new thing, and if it succeeds, they transplant it into the next update and scale it up.  Ya know...Game developers actually developing stuff lol

Yet people get so impatient or make so many assumptions.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Yeah I totally agree with this statement. 

Personally i appreciate DE lack of fear of trying something new. Its true with DE attempts of trying new things the frequency of new content releases slows down the end product never cease to amaze me. If by waiting for a longer then usual amount of time for content results in these suprises, Im down for it.

Also if we look at the gaming industry as a whole many developers are afraid to make their own roads to walk upon instead they walk the paths that have already been paved to make a quick buck. Well how does this apply to DE, simple they innovate to make the game close to what they imagined from a decade ago. Innovations take time, and creativity. Something other studios lack today. This year we as gamers have witnessed a year of lazy ,and uncreative developers copying and pasteing, and trying to pass it off as innovation, cough...cough COD Blackout and a bunch of other  thrown together BR games.

DE could have easily joined this trend but they didnt. I feel as a community we should take the time out to appreciate their efforts.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Ya see what I mean with the terms, here?   

Whatever, don't owe it to you to prove myself or my points, tbh.  Have a nice day, Tenno.

Taishin...

You really need to stop arguing with idiots.

You provided sufficient evidence to support your arguement.

Just because they refuse to accept that you made a valid point, arguement, and a clear as day example (that water comparison was on point. But when speaking to idoits you need to be more direct. Instead of Water you should have just listed all of Warframe's content. They'll still accuse you of playing with strawmen cause that's their panic room. But those reading it will get the point) doesn't mean you have to keep fighting the fight. If a Lemming is drowning trying to save it only delays the inevitable drowning it'll experience the next day.

Today's society is filled with people who are made of porcelain & live in their own private echo chambers. They only want agreement not actual debate.

To the OP there is a drought. Even when provided with facts & even DE's own statement the OP still sees it as a drought.

Which means that the OP is one of the players who dislikes that DE is taking more time on content & not releasing the content at the lightning fast rate which earned the game it's precious nickname of: Bugframe

The community asked DE to take a step back, refine old content, rebalance content, streamline progression, & begged for DE to release content that is less bug ridden & has received more polish.

Common sense would dictate that more polish equals longer development time which results in a slower content drop cycle.

But that'd mean people would need to have common sense to begin with.

Part of the problem here is that many (not all) of the folks with a mindset like the OP are expecting this Indy game from a developer with less than 300 people employed (FYI only about 170ish of those 300 actually work on the game. The rest deal with the day to day operations of a company.) can fulfill their needs as their one & only game. Too many gamers now says expect to play 1 and only 1 game. Then when they hit the end/current limit of content they cry it's in a drought/____ is catering to ____ players/___ doesn't care, Etc.

I hate to be this guy but...if you're expecting an Indy dev to pump out content like Blizzard, Square-enix, & etc. You need to play another game. I highly suggest FF14 as it has HUGE content drops every 3 months.

I digress, DE cannot pump out content like what players want.

Either we get bug ridden content at break neck speed or polished content at a moderate pace. Pick your poison.

That's literally the arguement at this point.

But so the OP can once again ignore the facts straight from DE itself...

41 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Taishin...

You really need to stop arguing with idiots.

You provided sufficient evidence to support your arguement.

Just because they refuse to accept that you made a valid point, arguement, and a clear as day example (that water comparison was on point. But when speaking to idoits you need to be more direct. Instead of Water you should have just listed all of Warframe's content. They'll still accuse you of playing with strawmen cause that's their panic room. But those reading it will get the point) doesn't mean you have to keep fighting the fight. If a Lemming is drowning trying to save it only delays the inevitable drowning it'll experience the next day.

Today's society is filled with people who are made of porcelain & live in their own private echo chambers. They only want agreement not actual debate.

To the OP there is a drought. Even when provided with facts & even DE's own statement the OP still sees it as a drought.

Which means that the OP is one of the players who dislikes that DE is taking more time on content & not releasing the content at the lightning fast rate which earned the game it's precious nickname of: Bugframe

The community asked DE to take a step back, refine old content, rebalance content, streamline progression, & begged for DE to release content that is less bug ridden & has received more polish.

Common sense would dictate that more polish equals longer development time which results in a slower content drop cycle.

But that'd mean people would need to have common sense to begin with.

Part of the problem here is that many (not all) of the folks with a mindset like the OP are expecting this Indy game from a developer with less than 300 people employed (FYI only about 170ish of those 300 actually work on the game. The rest deal with the day to day operations of a company.) can fulfill their needs as their one & only game. Too many gamers now says expect to play 1 and only 1 game. Then when they hit the end/current limit of content they cry it's in a drought/____ is catering to ____ players/___ doesn't care, Etc.

I hate to be this guy but...if you're expecting an Indy dev to pump out content like Blizzard, Square-enix, & etc. You need to play another game. I highly suggest FF14 as it has HUGE content drops every 3 months.

I digress, DE cannot pump out content like what players want.

Either we get bug ridden content at break neck speed or polished content at a moderate pace. Pick your poison.

That's literally the arguement at this point.

But so the OP can once again ignore the facts straight from DE itself...

*siiiiigh*

Well, Zero...You're not wrong, lol.   Thank you for at least letting me know I'm not just insane.

Just pisses me off to see falsehoods presented as facts, and entitled kids "representing" our community.

I don't expect everyone to know everything about game design, business, etc....but I do ask that when one doesn't know something, one is open to learning.   People need to check ego at the door.  

All I want is an honest representation of the state of things here on the Forums, because, and I really think this goes over the heads of alot of players, we who DO post on the forums are a small minority of the playerbase, BUT there are many, MANY more Tenno who READ these discussions, never commenting, taking it all in silently and accepting it as fact.  
Many are new players who don't know better.  Some aren't even players yet, and these opinions put out there into the web are their first impression of Warframe and its community.

So, to me at least, I believe we have a responsibility to choose our words carefully and not just throw fits on the forums, disguised as facts and "feedback".  

If we're upset, that's human, but we need to separate our emotions from reality when debating things.

Anyways, you are correct, Zero...I'm lecturing deaf ears, I suppose, so I'll just move along.  Anyways, thanks for stepping in.  Much appreciated.