Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you assume the strength of others?

.Versailles.

Generally people get very elitist when they talk about MR but how strong are they really compared to the person that has a higher mod rating than them and has arcane's as to where they do not. 

So how do YOU assume another's strength in Warframe? I am interested in your thoughts!😊

Tbh, I assume it based on mr, what else is there to go on when you enter a random mission? An mr13 could have been playing for a very long time, and have a maxed out build, or could be pretty new and contribute little to the mission. Whereas a higher mr, say 22+, is much more likely to have experience and a maxed build and be able contribute more. Isn't always the case, but as a general rule of thumb when you have nothing else to go on.

Edit: I'm talking about the beginning of a mission, obviously when the games progressed it's easier to assess the skill of your teammates 

Edited by Lancelot185

You can't. Sometimes experienced players are playing with a kid on his lap, or a phone, or had a bad day.

Sometimes MR25 just had a kid and his wife is in the hospital and is in labour but you need to farm spring-onion chamber from emo stalker so it might get distracting. 

Sometimes its just ridiculous ping.

Sometimes its a low MR with low selfesteem so he tries to compensate his insecurities by trying too hard and think it proves anything that he has the most kills.

Too many reasons but in the end if you take enjoyment in it and it fits your narative do enjoy it. 

I don't generally but simply put I have expectations. Expectations that when betrayed either improve my impression of them or lower it. When impression is improved, it is usually because they did something as expected or better. When impression is lowered, then its because they do a stupid. The culmination of these impressions are then compiled into a determination of strength. I only consider the circumstance and not the builds etc.

I never consider MR as strength. Not even mod rating because 20% extra strength doesn't matter. 

By watching:
- How often they get downed.
- How long they take to rush through tilesets.
- How many mistakes they make (Mesa use her ult while under radiation proc).
- Their MR.
- And, on extreme cases, how many kills they get.
Eg.: When you take a single weapon, Daikyu, to level at Regular Sanctuary Onslaught, and still manage to get more kills than the rest of your squad, which are using lv 30 only weapons and frames, one with Amprex and another one with Arca Plasmor, and one of them being a Volt. That actually happened and I'm still puzzled at how bad they performed.

Edited by Guest

Well I tend to observe others and over time you can tell those that can really do some crazy things and those who really are out of their depths. Spastic aggressive responses? Blaming others? Expecting to be carried? Flaming and leaving when the mission goes south? Probs going to drag down the group at the very least their mood.

7 minutes ago, Umquaptovis said:

Probs used alot of punch through and a riven.

It's still a single-fire, projectile weapon with Charge time. Although I was putting formas on it to fit a riven, it really shouldn't outperform Amprex and Arca Plasmor, weapons that can clear groups of enemies in the blink of an eye, in Regular Sanctuary Onslaught, or any other hitscan weapon they had.

Edited by Guest

i've seen awesome MR 6-7 players and i've seen trash MR 20+ players. While the lean is definitely there (higher = more experience, etc.) it isn't an absolute.

I don't have much room to talk though... i'm inching my way up to MR 14 myself lol.

I honestly don't bother worrying about the strength of others. I go into most missions expecting to carry at least 1-2 people. I'm not trying to say i'm awesome or anything... but i'm at least rolling in with a decent frame, weapon loadout and mod setup. I know what i'm doing at this point (mostly).

But that is fine... this is a co-op game. Running a rhino prime built for iron skin through nightmare alerts and seeing newbies getting the mods at the end actually celebrating feels GOOD. Doing sorties with a support oberon rocking my 5 forma ignis wraith and getting a "<3 to the oberon" makes it worth it.

And then, 90% of the time it is a simple, get in, get done, get out mission and we succeed. I only have about 240 hours in the game in well over a year of play but i've seen very, VERY little actual toxicity in groups. And that is amazing in a multiplayer F2P game.

TL:DR; i compare my strength to others based on after-the-fact stats. But during the runs we're all in it together. Carry the newbies. Respect the ones beating you (and look up their builds :P). And just have fun with it.

42 minutes ago, .Versailles. said:

Generally people get very elitist when they talk about MR but how strong are they really compared to the person that has a higher mod rating than them and has arcane's as to where they do not. 

So how do YOU assume another's strength in Warframe? I am interested in your thoughts!😊

I defeat them in battle and consume the heart if their Operator and the liver of their Kubrow. 

Their life forces flow through my Operator and into my Chosen, my Warframe, my Mag Prime and I become stronger, wiser, faster.