The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Choose Your Own Sortie Reward

BionicVolt

I've thought about this quite a bit lately, as I've been getting a lot of rewards I don't need from the sorties, and I'm starting to contemplate not doing them at all because they can take quite a while.
The ability to choose your own reward, and hear me out on this.
You do your sorties the way you would do them now, but by the end, you'd be presented with 3 options from the reward table, for example, 6000 Kuva/ Orokin Reactor/ 4000 Endo

I'd choose the Kuva any day. I know this system from increase the likelihood of rare drops, so maybe if the drop rate was tuned down slightly so the math worked out to approximately what it is now, it'd be a solid system, and would likely cause people to be less salty about their Ayatan Anasa streaks.

Let me know what you guys think about the idea!

-Volt

I like the idea of having to choose a reward from common reward pool. But don't think it will ever happen.

Also Ayatans are not that bad considering there will be more Primed / Umbral / Sacrificial mods and they are free orbiter decors :d

Edited by Aeon94

Would this be worth having good things be 1/3 of the current chance to drop? The chances you'll roll a given reward for a Sortie are based on you not having a choice. If a choice were offered, the drop chances would be changed and not in your favor.

I personally don't care much for the Fusion Core, and would much rather receive Kuva, seeing as to how obnoxious Kuva farming is. You practically already have to win the lottery to get a worthwhile amount of Kuva, so I'd much rather have a choice between the more common rewards in Sorties.

Maybe a feature combining the two? For rewards that aren't Gold(Catalysts and Adapter) or Legendary(Fusion Core), you'd have a choice between the common drops. However, if you were to roll a Gold or Legendary reward, you'd only get that, meaning they'd keep their current drop rates? Instead, you could insert a re-roll system perhaps. Not happy with your 20th Exilus Adapter? Re-roll it for 6k Kuva!

To clarify: Every drop except Gold/Legendary have the 1/3 option, whereas Gold/Legendary either remain the same or receive a re-roll system.