Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

potato excal?

BERNT3

Question

Currently Excalibur is my favorite frame, I never plan on changing frames (Unless it's some kind of defense, i use frost), But Going through the quest lines to get umbra seem impossible for a non-Potatoed Excalibur, should i use it on him?, My current frames are Valkyr, Frost, Excal, Loki, Oberon, And rhino, If so, what mods should i Prioritize on getting?

14 answers to this question

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

How far are you into the game?

After the Sacrifice Quest you'll get an upgraded Excal for free with a Potatoe installed

I see responses like this quite a lot. It feels like people take too  much of a glance, cause they already mentioned that they were asking cause they didn't know if they could reach umbra without potatoing their current excal.

3 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

How far are you into the game?

After the Sacrifice Quest you'll get an upgraded Excal for free with a Potatoe installed

Currently unlocked Pluto, I can still survive but barely, And yes, i was asking if i could potato it so i could get umbra

3 minutes ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

I see responses like this quite a lot.

They have Loki. So I suppose they have at least unlocked Neptune. It's not far from there to the Sacrifice if you could reach this point with an unpotatoed Excal.

I did it myself on a smurf account and it worked pretty well.

If they got taxi'd and are on Jupiter, yes they should potatoe their Excal. That's why I asked how far they are

Just now, MhelvinN1 said:

Currently unlocked Pluto, I can still survive but barely

Like I said, you can complete the whole game with an unpotatoed Excal, but if you are having trouble with some mission don't hesitate using a Reactor. Excal is worth it. Reactor are fairly cheap and easy to get even without using Plat

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

You could reactor Excal because he’s a solid frame to have but Excal Umbra Exist and he’s tankier and better than Excal which makes it a tricky choice. Excalibur prime is of course impossible to get so don’t worry about him at all. When you reach the Sacrifice, you already unlocked Mot because of the Chains of Harrow Quest and you definitely need to put a reactor into him when you reach T4 Void.

Why not potatoe something else? Once you get the Umbra the normie wont be as good other than fashion?

Edit: & as you mentioned, using Frost, I do hope you viewed his Avalanch augment, a good build with that can outplay a globe build any day, I recommend potatoeing Frost if you haven't, at least to get your Umbra.

Edited by (XB1)Evilpricetag

Also, always keep an eye for new potatoes. There are sometimes invasions that offer those (either catalyst or reactor depending on who you side with, check frequently) and somewhat rarely, Gift of the Lotus alerts. Since you unlocked most planets these missions can be available to you.

I'm saying this because eventually you'll see that potatoing (almost) every frame is the way to go.

I levelled an Excalibur only for the sake of exalted blade for that quest because with my other loadouts I couldn't beat the sentients. Went in there with like lvl18 and smashed my E button. Was done with the questpart in 5min. No need to heavily mod your baby excalibur.

Additionally, I was only using mods and stuff the game threw at me. You don't have to pay big amounts of anything to beat the starchart. Yes a lot will outperform you but it's not your fault that you have to smash 3 mags into an enemy you are supposed to beat.

Edited by Cohorror