The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Challenge - " X headshots while aimglide "

Aeon94

I know there are ways to complete this challenge. Gas City's vents , Vauban's Bastille etc ( rip Limbo's Stasis ). But I have found a different way to complete it. Zephyr's 1st gives a really good aimglide time ( 8 - 10 secs ) to get headshots.

Go into a mission with open air ( preferably Excavation or Plains of Eidolon ) > fully charge Zephyr's Tailwind and suspend yourself in air > hold aim then start shooting enemies' heads.

Hope this helps.

- Aeon

Edited by Aeon94

5 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Arca Plasmor a group when they are coming you way.

Just aim at head level.

I thought Arca Plasmor can't headshot. DE fixed something with headshotting sometime ago if I'm not mistaken.

From Wikia ;

Headshots no longer deal bonus damage.

• The Arca Plasmor was designed to hit multiple targets with a high-status chance, but with wide wave projectiles and inherent punch-through, a single shot could result in multiple headshots. With it being a shotgun, it was never intended to behave as a precision weapon, and the bonus pushed it too far out of that mold.
  • Headshots should still deal damage (without the multiplier).

My mistake. :(

Edited by Aeon94

2 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

I thought Arca Plasmor can't headshot. DE fixed something with headshotting sometime ago if I'm not mistaken.

It can, the red "X"s that appear in my crosshair when I shoot at head level say it does, I also completed a "Headshot Aimglide" challenge with it.

I think Plasmor was adjusted to have a headshot multiplier of 1x instead of the usual 2x.

49 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

I know there are ways to complete this challenge. Gas City's vents , Vauban's Bastille etc ( rip Limbo's Stasis ). But I have found a different way to complete it. Zephyr's 1st gives a really good aimglide time ( 8 - 10 secs ) to get headshots.

Go into a mission with open air ( preferably Excavation or Plains of Eidolon ) > fully charge Zephyr's Tailwind and suspend yourself in air > hold aim then start shooting enemies' heads.

Hope this helps.

- Aeon

The easiest method is with a limbo.

Freeze everyone with stasis. Walk over to 'X' many enemies as defined by riven. Aim at their head, and shoot. Because your in stasis your bullets don't go anywhere Jump up when ready and release stasis while airborne.

Your projectiles get released and 'X' number of instantaneous headshots. 

1 minute ago, MillbrookWest said:

The easiest method is with a limbo.

Freeze everyone with stasis. Walk over to 'X' many enemies as defined by riven. Aim at their head, and shoot. Because your in stasis your bullets don't go anywhere Jump up when ready and release stasis while airborne.

Your projectiles get released and 'X' number of instantaneous headshots. 

This is possible before the limbo rework.. it’s not possible to do so now.

2 hours ago, Aeon94 said:

Hope this helps.

- Aeon

There is an easier way

loki, patagium

Disarm

Aim glide and shoot with soma

Done in 10 sec

Take any frame and a sniper. Head to the Plains. On the left of Cetus is a lake with a geyser. Let the geyser lift you in the air, start aim gliding and then headshot the grineer below. If you want you can add aimglide mods to get more hangtime. Works like a charm. 

better place to do is jupiter/carme...big open areas you can jump to the heavens using zephyr and some snipers like vulkar/vectis...

It's a mobile defense mission and put the target on the computer and wait for the clutter of enemies. Jump vertically to the ceiling using zephyr and some mods that increase the duration of the planing time. Take it easy because it's really annoying to do!