Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame Fighter is ridiculously clunky

SlothserveSodium

I'm a fighting game player and I just can't win a single round of this game. I've played xbox 360 indie game fighters that were less clunky. It seems like it doesn't matter what I do, my enemy gets one combo in on me and I'm dead, and it feels too clunky to control so I can never get my combo out first. Please give us better poking tools like low kicks or something, and give us a practice mode to actually test out how the game works without getting instantly killed without even having a chance to adjust to this clunkiness. I wasn't expecting a fully fleshed out fighting game, but I thought I was gonna absolutely love frame fighter. I still have some hope, but it needs some major work for me to consider it even playable.

55 minutes ago, SlothserveSodium said:

I wasn't expecting a fully fleshed out fighting game

39 minutes ago, --Q--Stryker said:

It was made as a little mini-game like Flappy Zephyr and Wyrmius, I highly doubt DE is gonna put any more effort into it. That's on you for expecting something better.

32 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I’m surprised people didn’t expect it to be clunky. I knew DE would put some significant effort into it, but it was clearly not going to be like a AAA fighting game.

36 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

DE never made a fighting game before. And Frame Fighter is pretty much a small minigame made during lunch time.

Did you really expected a top notch fighting game?

So did you just ignore me or did you not read my post?

27 minutes ago, SlothserveSodium said:

So did you just ignore me or did you not read my post?

We did read it. You say you didn't expect a proper fighting game, then complain about it lacking actual fighting game mechanics. So did you expect it or didn't you?

Edited by --Q--Stryker
Clarity

On 2018-08-19 at 1:43 PM, --Q--Stryker said:

We did read it. You say you didn't expect a proper fighting game, then complain about it lacking actual fighting game mechanics. So did you expect it or didn't you?

I thought it was pretty obvious that I'm saying I was expecting it to be a small and basic, but still playable game. It's not really playable. Half the time my opponent can just attack at any random time regardless of whether I'm mid-combo or I just stunned them.

20 minutes ago, SlothserveSodium said:

I thought it was pretty obvious that I'm saying I was expecting it to be a small and basic, but still playable game. It's not really playable. Half the time my opponent can just attack at any random time regardless of whether I'm mid-combo or I just stunned them.

This was a mini-game initially thrown together by one person from DE in their spare time based on a Reddit post, it being a barely playable mess should have been expected.

Everyone who's complaining about it had their expectations too high.

Just wasted 50k simaris standing

Frame fighter - 2/10

Laggy

Buggy

Clunky

Unresponsive

Controls dont make sense and perform basically the same attacks

The abilities are unblockable (you can only jump over it)

Pressing forward twice doesnt start a sprint (like EVERY fighter game) but rather a roll so you get to roll in the opponents crotch and eat a punch.

Would not play again.

R.I.P. Frame fighter 08.2018 you will not be missed.

Edited by themopup
Too much white space at the bottom

1 hour ago, --Q--Stryker said:

This was a mini-game initially thrown together by one person from DE in their spare time based on a Reddit post, it being a barely playable mess should have been expected.

Everyone who's complaining about it had their expectations too high.

So expecting it to be playable is too high of an expectation? lmao you and I have different definitions of "too high". I think that's the bare minimum even possible for expectations. That's like saying "You expected your food to be edible? Your chef only had 5 minutes to microwave that food. Your expectations were too high."

Edited by SlothserveSodium

25 minutes ago, SlothserveSodium said:

So expecting it to be playable is too high of an expectation? lmao you and I have different definitions of "too high". I think that's the bare minimum even possible for expectations. That's like saying "You expected your food to be edible? Your chef only had 5 minutes to microwave that food. Your expectations were too high."

It would be highly worrying if I had just paid a chef to microwave some food, yes.  That's actually rather perfect. Frame Fighter is like a free meal at a restaurant, you were informed that the head chef had just thrown it together in the microwave for fun. Good luck.

Maybe we'll see some tweaks to it, maybe we won't.  I doubt it's very much DE's concern whether it's good or not, and it's moreso if its developer wants to work on it more in their freetime. *shrug*

24 minutes ago, SlothserveSodium said:

No, that's more like expecting a 5 course meal from someone who watched a cooking channel for 30 minutes. The amount of effort they put into it is the difference. And with the lack of certain commands and no explanation of controls while in the mode, it's apparent DE didn't intend for it to be taken very seriously.

On 2018-08-21 at 12:35 PM, --Q--Stryker said:

No, that's more like expecting a 5 course meal from someone who watched a cooking channel for 30 minutes. The amount of effort they put into it is the difference. And with the lack of certain commands and no explanation of controls while in the mode, it's apparent DE didn't intend for it to be taken very seriously.

What are you talking about? lmao

The absolute bare minimum requirements for a GAME is to be able to PLAY it. So I guess you consider pac man the "five course meal" of video games because it's functional and doesn't immediately fall apart when you try to actually play it? It's literally like someone asks you for a pencil and you give them a broken one, and they're like "this pencil is broken" and you reply with "WOULD YOU LIKE FRIES WITH THAT?"

There are free fighting games which you don't have to grind simaris standing for that function multitudes better than frame fighter. I'm not saying frame fighter was ever obligated to preform on par with them, but to compare it to making a 5-course meal after watching a food channel for a half hour? That argument just holds no weight because it's silly. It's not like they even had to rush this game out. It's not like fans were knocking down their door demanding it. They could have just quietly worked on it for a few more weeks or months and said "this could still use a few weeks of play-testing to make sure it's not completely and utterly broken to the point of being unplayable".

What you're not understanding is, my statement from the beginning has been "Even for a low effort minigame, it's absolute trash.". Your argument, "but it's just a low-effort mini game!" is completely redundant because I already said that as the pretext for my criticism. It doesn't nullify my criticism, because it's a part of my criticism. I'm literally saying that even the fact that it's a low effort mini game is no excuse for how straight up non-functional this game is.

They may as well just add "Brick: the minigame!" where you go around collecting bricks with your frame's face on it like an easter egg hunt, and it would be better because at least it would work.

Edited by SlothserveSodium

On 2018-08-23 at 9:32 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So...... What's the problem? 

Outside of these forums, Warframe has a reputation for bug ridden, janky, half developed releases. Allowing another low effort, under developed bit of content into the game only reinforces the already widely held opinion that this game is far more concerned with quantity than quality, and will rush out mechanics half baked and unfinished just to get something new out there periodically. All of which is observably true, of course, what with the last three years being full of unfinished releases that had to have second and third passes...but continuing this trend does not help.

16 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Outside of these forums, Warframe has a reputation for bug ridden, janky, half developed releases. Allowing another low effort, under developed bit of content into the game only reinforces the already widely held opinion that this game is far more concerned with quantity than quality, and will rush out mechanics half baked and unfinished just to get something new out there periodically. All of which is observably true, of course, what with the last three years being full of unfinished releases that had to have second and third passes...but continuing this trend does not help.

On these forums that holds true as well. But here's the thing, if you want to play a good fighting game, then expecting it to be in a minigame in a third person shoot 'em up, doesn't make any sense. 

Here's a simple question, do you expect to find a hidden minigame in Mortal Kombat, or injustice where you run around as a space ninja, with great mechanics and a control scheme that just happens to be exactly like some other space ninja games you happen to enjoy? If the answer is no, then I fail to see what the fuss is about. If the answer is yes, then I'd like to see that game. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

On these forums that holds true as well. But here's the thing, if you want to play a good fighting game, then expecting it to be in a minigame in a third person shoot 'em up, doesn't make any sense. 

Here's a simple question, do you expect to find a hidden minigame in Mortal Kombat, or injustice where you run around as a space ninja, with great mechanics and a control scheme that just happens to be exactly like some other space ninja games you happen to enjoy? If the answer is no, then I fail to see what the fuss is about. If the answer is yes, then I'd like to see that game. 

You're, uh, making my point for me.

No, I DO NOT expect to find a great fighting game within Warframe. Nor would I come here wanting one.

So why spend the time to insert a half baked, under-developed, poorly thought out version of one into the game in the first place? Was it someone's personal hobby? Perhaps. But it still furthers the impression of Warframe as a chronically rushed game whose devs do not care about quality or polish or finished mechanics. Thats...not a positive impression to further, especially since its becoming an increasingly popular, and increasingly accurate, one amongst gamers.

1 minute ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Was it someone's personal hobby?

Yes. Not perhaps, just yes.

And the devs figured hey that'd be a neat mini game, in the same way that the other mini games are neat. They're not particularly good, are they? Did you make threads about the bad gameplay of the pointless copy of flappy bird too? 

If you want to play a highly polished game along the lines of street fighter, then you are probably on the wrong forums mate. 

On 19 August 2018 at 5:23 PM, SlothserveSodium said:

I'm a fighting game player and I just can't win a single round of this game. I've played xbox 360 indie game fighters that were less clunky. It seems like it doesn't matter what I do, my enemy gets one combo in on me and I'm dead, and it feels too clunky to control so I can never get my combo out first. Please give us better poking tools like low kicks or something, and give us a practice mode to actually test out how the game works without getting instantly killed without even having a chance to adjust to this clunkiness. I wasn't expecting a fully fleshed out fighting game, but I thought I was gonna absolutely love frame fighter. I still have some hope, but it needs some major work for me to consider it even playable.

Never mind winning.. i still dont know what keys to use for kicking and punching