Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Melee

alphafive

I feel we should get Syndicate Melee weapons soon,...maybe as a New Year's Gift? What do you guys want? I'm hoping for the Vaykor Jat Kittag; for epic hammertime action, and so I can rock that full Vaykor Loadout of Justice. Vaykor Marelok is my favorite weapon, and Vaykor Hek is my second favorite. I need a fitting Vaykor melee to complete the loadout. 

...Please no Vaykor Dual Cleavers :,(

Edited by alphafive

I will begin by speaking in an open-minded, opinionated fashion, feel free to add to this:

If we were to get Syndicate melee's, lets review from a standpoint of each syndicates primaries and Secondaries, and cross-reference any likeness and other ideals.

Arbiters of Hexis: It Seems they are fond of the Bolto set, With the Boltor & AkBolto becoming Telos variants, It would not seem far-fetched to see a Telos Boltace, or some other form of Puncture melee.

Steel Meridian: Like Grineer, archaic weapons they battle with and have experience with such as the Hek and Marelok. In my opinion, I would see a Vaykor Amphis, or Vaykor Jat Kittag. But here is a thought! - Both current weapons Vaykor Hek & Vaykor Marelok, the normal versions of them, are used by Vem Tabook & Shik Tal of the Grustrag Three, And Steel Meridian has augmented versions of them, coincidence? Leekter's weapon is the Manticore, which in turn is a skin for the Scindo, Just tossing that out there.

Cephalon Suda: As with Suda, Simulor and Gammacor are data analyzing weapons, both were given upgraded variants soon after their initial release, so perhaps a new dat-analyzing melee of some sort.

Perrin Sequence: Since both of theirs are the Dual Cestra and Penta, both Corpus weapons obviously, I can see probably the Secura Lecta becoming their Syndicate weapon of choice, or a upgraded Prova (Even though we already have Prova Vandal) But it can happen.

Red Veil: The veil is unique, The Ballistica and Cernos are both a type of Bow based weapon, and are Tenno weapons. one is Puncture, one is Impact. A slashing melee of some kind for covert operatives, inspired by artistry of assassination... a Rakta Ether Daggers seem to fit their templates.

New Loka: As down to earth as they are, their Tigris is classic as a representation of Earth force and weapon artistry, but the Castanas, a technological electric trap, throws a monkey-wrench into the logic. Due to their ways of purity, cleansing, and shrine worshipping I can picture a Sancti Tonbo, being their choice

Theres my idea :D

Vaykor Cleavers that can't use Justice Blades

Telos Dakra that'll be ok, but weaker than Dakra Prime
(or just Telos Boltace because married to a theme)

Sancti Galatine that will be even stronger!

Rakta Karyst, Secura Serro, and Synoid Ninkondi that will just be pretty good and used by a silent but substantial playerbase

Steel med won't get Jat Kittag, the ragdoll hammer is popular and powerful enough, especially since Palatine Rhino. I'd rather it be Atterax or Amphis (Inb4 Vaykor Hek or Vaykor Dual Cleaver comments).

Arbiters get Boltace, that's a given.

Suda gets something totally new (though since the introduction of Broken War, I feel that the plasma Sword could actually work now, if reskinned properly)

Perrin will hopefully get Lecta, not another Prova (Serro is an industrial tool, not something executives would use.)

Red Veil will likely get Heat Dagger, as it reflects their love of fire and Stealth.

New Loka will probably get a Polearm, like Tonbo or Tipedo. a reference to how the first "pure" humans favoured the Spear as some of their first proper weapons.

Here is what I'm hoping for:

Vaykor Atterax: Whips have an amazing reach on slide attacks, just like Orthos Prime.

Telos OrthosAt the moment, polearms are the best weapons ingame, so really hope this category gets a syndicate weapon, rather than "syndicating" weapon categories that are only worth getting for MR.

Secura Obex: Thanks to the Brutal Tide, this weapon is amazing against infested. One of the most fun stances as well.

The leap attack of Brutal Tide is powerful, but the biggest advantage is its movement speed mid combo's which dodge most of the incoming damage.

Sancti Tipedo/Galatine: Staff is still one of the top melee weapons thanks to its reach, but so is the Heavy Sword with Tempo Royale.

Rakta Nikana: Due to heavy damage and slightly bigger reach than the swords, Nikana's earned a top spot in the melee rankings.

Synoid [NEW WEAPON]: Just like you're speculating, I also think we'll be getting a new type of melee weapon to fit this Syndicate.

Maybe something like the double discs from Tron? Combo's would be wide range attacks with discs floating around you.

l0o84he.jpg

Telos Boltace, STOP SAYING IT'S A GIVEN, it is not. It does seem extremely likely, but that doesn't mean we should give up on lobbying for something, *anything* different.

I think they should get a brand new one handed sword based on their sigil, not any currently existing weapon, and *especially* not Boltace.

Rakta Silva and Aegis is something I would be all over.