Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Underappreciated Excalibur.

S0ulre4per

So here is the deal. Whenever i try to join any mission every1 leaves because i play with excal. i mean what the F. just cause he is a starter frame doesnt mean he is bad. he can slashdash a mofo (with kinda normal dmg i think) and blind them (cheap energy cost). impale a dude against a freaking wall. is that bad? also he is not squishy as every1 thinks. anyways tell me what do you think. is he really THAT BAD?????? (yes i have tried other frames but i still return to this guy)

He's fun. Not much else. The only reason you would be a good excal: Blind. That's literally it. Everything else, zephyr/rhino can do better.

If anything, prove yourself a good excal by dashing, jumping, blinding when you need to, and NEVER EQUIPPING JAVELIN. Besides that, carry a set of dual blades (namis recommended), an assault rifle, and a heavy pistol. Suddenly nobody will question you.

Edited by UpgradeInProgress

Maybe your exalibur just smells really bad...

But really now. You don't need to start explaining to people why he's a good frame. I bet those people who just leave don't visit the forums anyway.

Just play whatever you like.

Edited by DMan128

Excalibur is one of the best end-game frames out there. He is just what he is, a perfect vitality/armor/shield/speed balance with one of the best crowd control abilities. In the end, when it comes to those level 35+ enemies, crowd control wins over power.

Edited by FoxFX

Eh...  I've never left because of an Excal, and I've never had people leave because of my Excal.  I've seen comments from time to time about it, but they stop after I'm the only one standing and rezing everyone with radial blind spam.  Plus, Excal with a good silent gun (or Bow) and melee wep can pretty much solo any defense oriented objective.  Enemies can't hit what they can't see or hear.  It's as ridiculous as Loki perma invis, except it applies to the whole team and the cryopod.

Edited by Gelkor

Excalibur has absolutely nothing wrong with him.

For the high level play in which you are most likely drawing scrutiny, Slash Dash and Super Jump give him excellent mobility and allow him to take shortcuts other frames save Zephyr either take much longer to do or can't at all.

Radial Javelin is admittedly not the greatest of nukes, but try using it during a Super Jump... or getting a Mag on the team and have her use Bullet Attractor on a hard target first.

Radial Blind is unequivocal in endgame and if nothing else Excalibur always has that to bring to the table. It's an absolutely incredible skill.

He is just not top notch even when heavily modded.

Rather a one trick pony when blind build, otherwise totally useless on high levels. I will try to make him however stronger with duration to boost his slash dash to win more mobility on blind build, however super jump is lackluster due to dependence on strength.

Edited by Cemges

I bet those people who just leave don't visit the forums anyway.

or maybe they do. whether they do or not doesn't change the likelyhood that they know nothing about Warframe whatsoever.

They might not be leaving your missions, it might just be your internet connection.

true. there could be connectivity issues.

unless ofcourse it doesn't happen with other Warframes :p

Excalibro isn't bad, just isn't amazing, or half broken.

Radial Blind is certainly nice i suppose. not my style though.

Radial Javelin with buckets of Power Strength has quite a few Javelins, and does actually kind've impressive IPS Damage. it may have a target cap, but you can still hit a lot of Enemies, and deal a lot of Damage.

at any rate, if other people don't like you using Excalibro, whatever. you know he's far from useless. if they think he is, they're just uninformed, like many people are.

He is just not top notch even when heavily modded.

Rather a one trick pony when blind build, otherwise totally useless on high levels. I will try to make him however stronger with duration to boost his slash dash to win more mobility on blind build, however super jump is lackluster due to dependence on strength.

Yeah, I really wish Jump scaled with duration like slash dash and tail wind.  It would make Excalibur utility builds more synergistic.

He forgot to add to the OP ", MK1-Braton, Lato, Skana"

If I'm bored, one of these days I may rebuild all of those (I've long sold them) and rebuild my Excalibro (I sold it when I maxed it and got prime), and then forma the bejeezus out of all of them so I can roll high level stuff with them with the default color schemes and everything.

Its not that excal is bad, in fact he's pretty good he does exactly what he is supposed to do. He's a middle of the road frame, if one side of the road is survival and the other is defense, he can do well on either side but will be outperformed by frames more specialized.

Excalibro is my main frame, statistically speaking from all the frames I have I use him 44% of the time apparently.  When built up proper he in my opinion is a very good frame, the combination that I use is basically Radial Blind with max range mods like Overextend and Stretch... anyway combo blinding enemies with the Dragon Ninkana and you have quiet a strong build... basically blind and run through enemies like butter, with a D. Ninkana properly modded you do over 1k a normal hit and crit's are somewhat unpredictable but I've seen it go anywhere from 6k to 29k dmg.  He is a fine frame that preforms well if you know how to play as him.

I know how you feel, I've got 6 forma in mine and a lot of people tend to leave when they see Excalibur, more so when you have nothing but a melee weapon. But the ones who stay get to see the true power of a melee master build (maxed radial blind build on Excalibur, berserker fury and as many crit mods as you can on melee weapon. )

This thread has reminded me to dust off my bada$$ excalibur and rock out.  While I'm sure allot of people leaving lobbies after the mission is done is a "pub" game phenomenon, there is some truth to the OPs statement about a certain "hate" some players have towards specific frames.

It's ridiculous for these people to hate on the lesser played frames, in fact the more experienced Warframe players can play basically any frame and still be invaluable to the team.  

For those hating on those lesser played frames, I invite you to actually watch that particular teammate using them, if they are good you might actually learn something and discover something more fun than than pressing the #4 key.

Sigh... dat Framescrimination is so terrible these days.

Excalibros represent!!!  Fight Framescrimination!!!

d(^0^)b

Edited by sushidubya

So I just crafted Excalibur and I gotta say he really is a starter frame and beside radial blind (which now makes 0 dmg) he is rather weak

Thing is he looks so cool to me cause he's suit is tight with no unnecessary stuff on it like a true ninja

Plus the pendragon helmet looks cool as hell

And I hope DE add the universal abilities as soon as possible so that he may again shine with the others