Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could We Get A Cape Syndana?

SergeiTheBeast

Something tells me this has been suggested before, but I did a search and Didn't see anything so Here it is.

How about a Cape syndana? Like a full on cape, heck even a cloak or a Poncho might be interesting!  Now I understand clipping will probably be an issue, as well as the physics and dynamics the cape might cause issues. All that said, I think this would be a great cosmetic addition to this game.

A few different style suggestions. 

NaUZ8L5.jpg

Something classic like this MIGHT look good on Nekros or ash (I said might, don't nail me to a freakin cross here)

WhOr6Mh.jpg

This I think could have awesome potential.  A cape with a symbol in the middle. The base symbol could be the lotus emblem. Then maybe we could put Clan or Alliance symbols on it.

qi9RUFq.png

Something simple and classic.

84DOukI.jpg

A tattered, battle scared look. (one of my personal favorites)

qNWaNzn.jpg

Covering one shoulder.

Thoughts? Opinions? Better/more suggestions?

Edited by SergeiTheBeast

I'm against the idea. Imagine grabbing a Penta or any huge weapon to begin with and clipping issuesEdit: Get the scarf animation like in this game down first.

gpfmXNz.jpg

I 2nd the Shinobi ninja scarf. Just beastly. As for normal capes no thanks, besides the clipping I don't wanna look like Bizzaro swooping in lolol.

That's a little sad to see so little love for capes. 

I personally love the crap outta capes. I don't think it'll be out of place in the Warframe universe, either. The artists know how to implement it so that it won't be too weird. Admittedly, clipping issues occur frequently, and it's part of the problems we have right now with syandanas. However, to discredit the whole idea based on wonky physics is a little extreme.

Imagine if we went "Weapon stances? Man, we can't even get melee right, let's not talk about it.". If we base the availability of future content on current problems, we'll never progress. Part of the deal of progression is to do something new, and possibly fix some old problems at the same time. 

I'd love capes. I trust in Mynki's ability to just blow this ball way outta the park, if he ever has to do it. 

Also...

Defiance-Fankit-Character-Raziel.jpg

Raziel, babeh!

That's a little sad to see so little love for capes. 

I personally love the crap outta capes. I don't think it'll be out of place in the Warframe universe, either. The artists know how to implement it so that it won't be too weird. Admittedly, clipping issues occur frequently, and it's part of the problems we have right now with syandanas. However, to discredit the whole idea based on wonky physics is a little extreme.

Imagine if we went "Weapon stances? Man, we can't even get melee right, let's not talk about it.". If we base the availability of future content on current problems, we'll never progress. Part of the deal of progression is to do something new, and possibly fix some old problems at the same time. 

I'd love capes. I trust in Mynki's ability to just blow this ball way outta the park, if he ever has to  

Also...

Defiance-Fankit-Character-Raziel.jpg

Raziel, babeh!

I'm not against capes/ponchos/cloaks whatsoever but the issue is how bad syandanas currently are. I wouldn't want them to create some new type of cloth while leaving the other half-arsed. If we really did get Shinobi's scarf animation there would be a huge increase of bad-arse points and probably sales income on syandana.

• 2 weeks later...