Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Accessories Debate

BP_Nocturnal

We can build Prime Warframes.
We can build Prime Weapons.
We can build Prime Sentinels.
But we can't build Prime Accessories.

To be honest, about $50 is a lot for quite a few people in the player-base, and some people just don't want to buy the pieces. 

Warframe is an overall fun game to play, and I understand that there's exclusives. I don't, however, believe there should be exclusive Prime accessories. I feel as though you should be able to build them, just as you can any other weapon or frame to sentinel. 'Cause let's be honest, who doesn't want a badass syandana or a badass armour-set?

I was hoping to push this to one of the top type of posts, because I do believe I'm not the only one who wants to be able to achieve said accessories through nothing other than currency. 

I don't know, I might be rambling, but - What do you guys think?

Build/Find Prime Accessories? 

I don't mind the $50, but I want to get my money's worth. Useless (to me) boosters don't make it worth $50 (to me).

Being able to build them would surely obliterate Prime Accesory sales though.

Edited by The_Doc

i say no tbh thay ar part of the pack you buy same like we have on the old founder packs ( weapons and excaliber) so when thay add all the prime accessories to the craft table it will make it pointless to buy the packs so i say no unless you talk about new prime accessories that ar not the same as the prime accessories packs 

Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8.

No. Absolutely not. Ever. You want to obtain what other people paid quite a bit of money for, but for free.

Sure, you might really want that item so you can make your warframe look cool, but as with ALL (save the Rakta Syandana) accessories, they must be purchased because they are cosmetic and in no way whatsoever do they affect gameplay.

This isn't even a matter of debate. It really isn't.

Edited by Kestral9999

Personally I would like the prime accessories to be available through some other method than PA. But I understand fully why they aren't. DE needs money to keep the content coming, and PA is one of the ways they make that money. But they have to incentivize PA somehow, and purely cosmetic accessories are probably the best way to do that since at least that way they don't turn P2W.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

I would support this only if we could build/find regular cosmetic items, such as Armors and Syandana.

Prime Access is a way for someone to help the developers directly. Yes, platinum purchases also help the developers, but it gets circulated among the players via trading. A player can now have 2K platinum and without paying a dime for it.

Edited by Noioiy

I understand the whole point of selling them as they are purely (and wonderfully) cosmetic.  However I feel the pricing is way out of whack for what they are.  I simply can't justify spending $50 on some pretty baubles, no matter how shiny and wonderful they are.  I would personally prefer if they were out for a limited time on the market for platinum, similar to the proto-excaliber skin, which was 150 platinum (~$10 not saying they need to be that exact price or anything)  My feeling is that I already spent a considerable amount of money on this game and am sitting on a pile of platinum that I would like to use on these cosmetics.  Just my $.02

I would support this only if we could build/find regular cosmetic items, such as Armors and Syandana.

Prime Access is a way for someone to help the developers directly. Yes, platinum purchases also help the developers, but it gets circulated among the players via trading. A player can now have 2K platinum and without paying a dime for it.

Maybe in the future regular cosmetics will be available through rare alerts

Never Prime Accessories though.

Edited by Kestral9999

I feel that the best way to go about it would be to make the cosmetics have 2 variants. Allow people to farm a basic version with no color options, and people can buy the color custom version from prime access. Maybe add some more differences, but at least let players earn a version of it.

I wish they just added the accessories to the store, for plat... Oh, let's say a year after release.

I'd buy that for a dollar. I've got plenty of plat left over from the Rhino PA pack I bought, and I'd totally buy shiny gold prime stuff with it. Then I'd run out of plat and have to buy more, so DE wins too.

So is everybody forgetting about helmets?

Honestly, now that helmets are statless, I'd support removing them from the alert tables entirely. That would both help with alert dilution and encourage cosmetic-minded people to acquire plat for shiny hats.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

Honestly just be happy the $50 with the boosters is a thing at all. Anybody with a Misa Prime sydana paid the full $140.

Thank you for understanding my plight and pain.

The fact that I've seen multiple threads popping up asking to obtain prime accessories (often wanting Misa specifically) without paying for them or for a discount aggravates me to no end when I literally dropped more money than I've EVER spent on a game on just that accessory. I didn't even really want the rest of the prime access stuff, just the *@##$in' syandana. I nutted up and bought it instead of wondering "How can I possibly obtain this for free? Just wait and hope they make it free? I mean, I'm sure they will. They have to, or else it isn't fair to everyone."

Edited by Kestral9999

I think it is a good thing to make prime accessories an exclusive. Honestly, the Founders get all butthurt when anyone mentions release their precious Excalbro when most of them has spent no more $$ that the rest of us who bought Prime Access. Prime Access buyers have to endure the sight of people farming and trading the very thing they paid for with little to no whining. They deserve their exclusive shinys. 

This is coming from someone who's bought 3 full PA packs My exclusive are a pair of extractors(useless), 2 sandana's and some weapon/sentinel greeblies. The rest is all farmable. I'm happy with the current setup.

Edited by (PS4)Kamranos

Thank you for understanding my plight and pain.

The fact that I've seen multiple threads popping up asking to obtain prime accessories (often wanting Misa specifically) without paying for them or for a discount aggravates me to no end when I literally dropped more money than I've EVER spent on a game on just that accessory. I didn't even really want the rest of the prime access stuff, just the *@##$in' syandana. I nutted up and bought it instead of wondering "How can I possibly obtain this for free? Just wait and hope they make it free? I mean, I'm sure they will. They have to, or else it isn't fair to everyone."

I'm in that club too, Master Founder, + top teir of the Ember PA, and got the prime accessories of the Loki and Nyx PAs. Didn't really care for the Rhino one.

Edited by Kazzamo

I think it is a good thing to make prime accessories an exclusive. Honestly, the Founders get all butthurt when anyone mentions release their precious Excalbro when most of them has spent no more $$ that the rest of us who bought Prime Access. Prime Access buyers have to endure the sight of people farming and trading the very thing they paid for with little to no whining. They deserve their exclusive shinys. 

The thing about Excalibur prime, is not about money. it is about a promise of it being exclusive. A promise like this also applies to Prime accesories. They are promised as exclusive to that bundle, because of that they will not ever be craftable, even if other accesories are.

I don't know. My personal opinion is that you shouldn't have to pay $50 for a set of accessories. I do realize this is a sales booster, but. 

Here's how I see both sides.

DE's side on selling it for a high price:

It's almost as though a donator's reward, because it doesn't affect the gameplay at all, and is simply a cosmetic item. Keeping them money-exclusive, and hard-to-get makes players want to buy said cosmetics. 

My side:

I'm just not sure if $50 is worth an armour set and a syandana. And on top of that, the 90 day boosters. It doesn't make sense that something would be that high. My opinion's changed a bit since someone brought this up. Building, "regular," versions. That'd be something nice to offer people who don't go about buying cosmetics. And I know the argument to that is, "if they don't want to pay for it, they don't get it."

But again, I can't stress it enough, $50 is way overboard, considering it's just some accessories. So, personally I'd feel that they bump the price down to like - anywhere between $25-$35, maybe $40, and then go ahead and make regular syandanas build-worthy, that'd be nice. It's just a bit too much money.

EDIT: 

I'm sort of leaning towards keeping them exclusive, but at the same time - I'm not sure. I'm wavering. If regular syandanas could be built, I'd be fine with that. I'm not asking for people who bought $100-$250 of items on Warframe to just watch people get it for free. It's simply that others are less fortunate than others and what not. It's pretty hard to get that sort of money in a small amount of time, despite it being a month. At least for some people. (Including myself.)

I mean, I get that you have it because you bought the Founder's pack, but I don't know if you agree with me here when I say that's a load of money spent on a game for some cosmetics. 

Edited by BP_Nocturnal

I don't know. My personal opinion is that you shouldn't have to pay $50 for a set of accessories. I do realize this is a sales booster, but. 

Here's how I see both sides.

DE's side on selling it for a high price:

It's almost as though a donator's reward, because it doesn't affect the gameplay at all, and is simply a cosmetic item. Keeping them money-exclusive, and hard-to-get makes players want to buy said cosmetics. 

My side:

I'm just not sure if $50 is worth an armour set and a syandana. And on top of that, the 90 day boosters. It doesn't make sense that something would be that high. My opinion's changed a bit since someone brought this up. Building, "regular," versions. That'd be something nice to offer people who don't go about buying cosmetics. And I know the argument to that is, "if they don't want to pay for it, they don't get it."

But again, I can't stress it enough, $50 is way overboard, considering it's just some accessories. So, personally I'd feel that they bump the price down to like - anywhere between $25-$35, maybe $40, and then go ahead and make regular syandanas build-worthy, that'd be nice. It's just a bit too much money.

To you it is too much. To many more it is considered fair. You are in no way forced to buy it. You have a choice, pay what DE wants for the exclusive cosmetic, or don't. It is really simple.

wish there is another prime armor/syandana accesory that you can buy over the market with platinums, because that platinums came from people anyway that is bought directly via cash, but some people reside on other places thats no access to cash stores or have issues.

my prime frame and weapons feel incomplete without these accessories, this means to me alot

now i dont feel like using my prime stuffs really :/ 

Edited by Ritchel

I have to disagree with this because of a few points:
-None of the other accessories (outside of helms) are craftable/findable.
So why would players be able to craft the shiniest accessories and have to pay for the non-prime accessories?

-DE has stated a few times that prime accessories are only ever going to be in the prime access bundles.
They also stated that there is a possibility (I wouldn't hold your breath though) that they would rotate the accessories so that if you missed one you would have the chance to buy it later.
So there isn't any hope that you'll be able to snag them outside of buying a PA bundle.

-What sense would there be in DE letting players craft all of the cosmetic accessories?
Cosmetics should be how a game makes a lot of its money.  And if people can just craft most of the cosmetics that would stand to lose them quite a bit of money.
The only reason that helmets have been craftable is that they used to affect stats and DE didn't want stat influencing items to be plat only.
Now that they are statless I think that they could actually stand to remove them from the alert tables.

EDIT:
Oh, and one last thought:
Do you really want the void tables to be cluttered with even more items and parts on them then they are currently?
Didn't think so....

Edited by Tsukinoki

Honestly, without helmets giving stats now I agree with the guy that said take them off alerts. Cosmetics cost money, things that have mechanical impact on power/gameplay obtainable for free. Likewise I'm also one of those people that thinks event/founder weapons shouldn't give mastery XP since they are unobtainable to newer players or those that take a break and miss an event or two.