Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 50 Overview

DE_Adam

This week's Devstream was a milestone filled with Q&A!  Drawing from a list of over 50 questions ranging from clearing up our Chinese update rhythm to reviewing progress on cloth physics for that Trinity skirt you're dying to see flow in the wind.  It was a lot to take in, and if you don't have the time to watch the full hour and a half of madness we've got a condensed review of Devstream 50's action available right here.

We're looking forward to sharing another 50 with you, Tenno!  Thanks for joining us on this wild ride.

-DE_Adam

Thanks for the overview.

The way the enemies from the Tomb of the Sentients trailer are called mysterious here, once again makes me doubt that those have to be the Sentients themself.

I have no clue how quests work in Neverwinter. I just hope it's a good example.

"· Stamina system is also going to be updated in this overhaul."

I recently wondered if it would be better if players build up fatigue from special actions like coptering, rather than consuming stamina for almost everything. With players having a few options to release the fatigue, from simply slowing down to using the meditation emote.

Perhaps this would allow for more fluid movement and melee actions while still putting limits on the more powerfull ones.

Stalker rework inspired by the Manics... i dread he will be given invicibility phases so players are once again meant to despair and hate encountering him.

I kinda liked Super Jump, especialy after the recent enhancements, but it's obvious the power is a bit outdated. So nice to see him getting an overhaul.

As for the more straightforward names of the older weapons and Warframes. I think they have their appeal too. You know what awaits you with Slash Dash or a weapon named Snipetron and Burston.

Still not sure what to expect from the mission rotations and the new "star chart". I just hope you consider that it should be atmospheric as well as functional. The original star chart was a nice immersion factor for me when i started, something i missed with the post Update 14 "Planet ring" one.

Edited by Othergrunty

Like you said, DE, the Manic seems stole Stalker's show. Looking forward for his overhaul!

Reworks, reworks everywhere but hey, it's a good thing! Parkour 2.0, Stamina System 2.0 and new (and returning) animations! Excal's abilities are being reworked? Oh boy, looking forward for this one, especially his new fourth ability! [goodbye Super Jump. I/we will miss you ;_;]

It maybe still a beginning for this but I hope the Liset Interior customization becomes more interesting!

To tell you the truth, I love Trinity's tail the way it is now, and I really hope for this upcoming new feature to bring along an option "cloth physics ON/OFF" (sorry for bad english).

DE, do not listen only one side of the community. We have people that love Trinity just like me, the way she is right now.

Our main goal is to reign in abilities that players have come to rely upon, and make them more reliable to use.

"Reign in" = Nerf

Reliable = Thoroughly Nerfed.

We rely on them because they're fun, unlike the other things we don't, but could, rely on.

Why does DE keep attacking fast movement and keep expanding camping (and Homer's Drinking Bird, despite taking a public stand against it)?  What harm does fast movement cause?

Really glad that DE take the time and effort to host this 50 Q&A and posted the written overview for all to see https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-50-overview.. Certainly can't wait for more such overviews and more importantly U17! :)

PS: As I was reading the written  Devstream Overview 50, I stumbled across this sentence, which I'm not sure if it's phrased properly:

Cloth Mechanics and PBR

· We're currently taking a look at every Warframe to see if we can't freshen up their visuals in a way that doesn't leave players waiting too long.

Shouldn't the word in bold be 'can' instead of 'can't'?

Edited by FrameUnity

Nightmare Trials, because the bugged lagging 8-player cheesefests weren't nightmare enough, so DE follows their idea of HARDER = FUN. My God.

Also, Stalker rework because of Manic, so Stalker's also gonna get all the invis invul teleport one-hit finisher cheese treatment... Jesus Christ.