Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Aiming To Complete The Codex?

-HoB-Tokan

No, because there are way too many objects and enemies that you can easily miss and never scan them again, or some insane 10 scans requirement while you only see it once.

That plus scanning for new content and not having it in the codex is just tad bit annoying, so if you don't scan new things when they show up chances are the item/npc is gone.

Still waiting for those pumpkin loot containers, scanned a lot of them and got nothing. 

Edited by Ognj

Yes, but I'm very far behind...

Dont worry it takes time but if you want to speed it up use helios.

I've got about 6 with no scans (all eximus) and another 6ish with some scans but not complete.

Eximuses are not that hard to find. usually you just need to stay a long time in a defense or a survival mission to get them but if that doesn't work try a nightmare mission that has those units.

Only one I am missing is scavenger drone, and I need 2 more scans.

Its not hard to get that one... i cant remember exactly how i got them but you should check the wiki there are some comments that say where you can find it.

Corpus done, missing 5 Grineer ones and Juggernaut Eximus.

Helios masterrace.

There is no juggernaut eximus...

I really want to finish the Codex, however the stupidity of having an eximus enemy duplicate for just about every single enemy in the game keeps me from finishing it. Helios is a massive help.

Archwing enemies are a pain though...

I am aiming to complete it, but not to the exclusion of having fun.

Plus, Carrier's Vacuum is so much more useful than Helio's scanner. Meaning I rarely bring my Helios anymore.

Still, I've gotten most units at least identified, if not fully-scanned.

I really want to finish the Codex, however the stupidity of having an eximus enemy duplicate for just about every single enemy in the game keeps me from finishing it. Helios is a massive help.

Archwing enemies are a pain though...

if your having trouble get archwing scans here is a great tip.get a rank 30 itzal and use stealth to just scan as much as possible plus don't do intercept for scans do sab or ext.

I have been doing it for a long time and now its almost done. I just have 3 more enemies to scan. How far are you into this "quest"?

The codex is...nice. But actual useful *stuff*? I've had all available non-AW weapons except Boar (and every event weapon since 10.5), have almost all the PvE mods (not some of the transmute ones), etc.

The eximus thing has never made sense to me, since they all drop the three boring things, and I'd eliminate it. (And make those enemies have a bonus chance to drop the Oberon parts ON TOP of a normal drop roll!)

Also, some of the special event stuff...really, it should be single-scan.

Edited by DawnFalcon