Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Rework (U17 Megathread Rework)

[DE]Danielle

This thread will be used to discuss the following changes to Frost's abilities: 

• Freeze now does 100% cold proc in an AoE around target hit.
  • Freeze now creates a patch of cold that slows any enemies that enter the area when used on terrain.
  • Frost now has a passive ability: enemies who melee attack Frost have a chance to be frozen on impact. 
  • Ice Wave now flairs out as a cone as opposed to a straight line. 
  • Avalanche will now freeze for X seconds if they survive the initial damage. 
         - Survivors have their armour debuffed while frozen. 
         - Targets that die while frozen will explode and deal radial damage + cold proc.
  • Snow Globe will Freeze and push out all enemies that are within radius upon cast.
  • Snow Globe no longer has a Duration Timer.
  • Players can now have a maximum of max of 4 Snow Globes.
         - Recasting Snow Globe at 4 will destroy the oldest globe.
  • Frozen enemies will no longer be frozen in place; instead enemies will maintain their velocity and be susceptible to gravity/pushback.
  • Enemies that are frozen solid can be shattered by colliding with something if they are moving fast enough.
  • Frost's passive in Conclave applies Chill instead of Freeze.

*PLEASE NOTE*
The above thread is for feedback only, if you have a bug to report please post them in the U17 BUG REPORT MEGATHREAD. Thank you!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

U17 MEGATHREAD NAVIGATION: 

(Coming Soon) NEW QUEST: NATAH l NEW WARFAME: EQUINOX l PARKOUR 2.0 l URANUS TILESET EXPANSION NEW WEAPONS l NEW MODS FROST REWORK l SHOTGUN BUFF CONCLAVE CHANGES AND ADDITIONS 

Health display isn't bad. Yet if Frost will use globe 4 times then only the last ones health is displayed.

Can the health of globe be more visual and/or audible ? Cracks, shatering etc. something You can clearly see when U look at it,

Is it for real? Is it not the bug? The old "bugged" Avalanche we all loved is back even stronger? Can't wait to test it in game.

Ikr same here FROST MAINS UNITE!! FROST is back....again!! Max duration&range Avalanche here I come!! (assuming its affected by duration)

I haven't tested yet if Avalanche is affected by duration, but it's goddamn back! DE be praised!

Overall Frost's kit is amazing now: Freeze is just the right ability to fill the gap used for reload (like Volt's Shock), Ice Wave kinda lacks compared to Avalanche but still nice, and with Ice Wave Impedance you can create very nice "slow-fields", Snow Globe was always amazing and now it's better than ever and Avalanche is absolutely godly now.

Dear Lotus, I enjoy new Frost SO much.

I haven't tested yet if Avalanche is affected by duration, but it's goddamn back! DE be praised!

Overall Frost's kit is amazing now: Freeze is just the right ability to fill the gap used for reload (like Volt's Shock), Ice Wave kinda lacks compared to Avalanche but still nice, and with Ice Wave Impedance you can create very nice "slow-fields", Snow Globe was always amazing and now it's better than ever and Avalanche is absolutely godly now.

Dear Lotus, I enjoy new Frost SO much.

Such good changes!!! and what about the new passive? is noticeable?

Such good changes!!! and what about the new passive? is noticeable?

Yeah, someone who already is done updating needs to confirm how good the passive is. I demand someone go into an infested mission and purposely get punched and kicked for the sake of science!~

Nothing but positive so far.

Edit: One thing I don't quite get. What is the point behind the change for Ice Wave? It now sends the wave in a bigger area but that seems to be all. The slowing down is rather situational; only being needed if you want to reduce the fire rate or movement speed of an enemy, but that is rendered useless by the rest of the powers. The damage output is almost non existent, failing to kill level 20 Grineer.

Why not make it launch enemies in air and ragdolling them or something? (Would work well with Avalanche freezing as you could shatter the icicles by launching them in the air.)

Edit 2: I like the passive. It's reliable and does what it needs to do well.

Edit 3: Absolutely love it. Just one thing though, I'd like to see a bigger change to second ability (maybe some themed like team buffing with increased armor and ice damage, but slowing self down for the duration (would have to be recastable).

Edited by Kotommi

IceWave-Great for mass CC Cold proc, add in augment mod and you will have  a room slowed down simaltaneously

Freeze-Works as advertised, the cold patch on floor needs to be more distinuishable but it's an excellent first skill.

Avalanche-10/10. Oh boy this thing got buffed

First it does great damage

What it doesn't kill is frozen for some period, seems to be affected by duration

Second if the frozen statues die they release an aoe cold proc slowing other things near them.

It's an excellent example of an Ultimate done right. No issues.

SnowGlobe-In a better place now, the no timer means we have great room to mod for it, however while it does show the % Health of the globe, this only applies to the most recent casted globe if you recast, you now display health of your new globe.

The Cap limit only works for globes not near casted globes, If you stand inside of a globe and cast snowglobe, it works just like the old Globe where it is consumed and has timer.

Overall, great work on frost.

Duration seems to affect Avalanche freezing AND Ice Wave augment. haven't tested Freeze but since it did before... Anyway don't trash your duration builds, they're going to be very useful unless you just want to globe.

Not finding his passives too impressive when compared to other frames who have multiple passives (Excalibur/Mesa), let alone the difference between Frost and Frost Prime being a very minor shield boost.

Edited by Naith

Is it just me or is the new passive fairly redundant? In most situations, frost should never even be in melee range without the enemy already being frozen. Especially with the only snow globe augment already doing that.

I'd feel a passive for frost that ignores the cold slowdown would fit much better. Frost is already slow, and would very much benefit from an immunity to getting slower. 

Is it just me or is the new passive fairly redundant? In most situations, frost should never even be in melee range without the enemy already being frozen. Especially with the only snow globe augment already doing that.

I'd feel a passive for frost that ignores the cold slowdown would fit much better. Frost is already slow, and would very much benefit from an immunity to getting slower.

That's us a good idea about ignoring the cold slowdown

Frost is now better, but not great.

Skill 1 projectile speed is still too slow.

Skill 2 doesn't change much.

Skill 3 is still the main skill.

Skill 4 cast speed is reduced, need natural talent if you want to use it, and this skill need power duration.

In the end it's just better, not great.

Can you just remove that cast speed nerf?