Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hand cannons (metaphorical ones)

MrGears

Hey ive recently got into warframe and am loving it but am a bit confused at revolvers being relatively low damage sidearms. Id love to see a huge damage revolver, something comparable to the lex. maybe a rail gun revolver? Thanks

Edited by MrGears

10 minutes ago, MrGears said:

Hey ive recently got into warframe and am loving it but am a bit confused at revolvers being relatively low damage sidearms. Id love to see a huge damage revolver, something comparable to the lex. maybe a rail gun revolver? Thanks

Vasto Prime is a portable cannon :D 

6 minutes ago, MrGears said:

Compared to the lex its nowhere near the single shot damage. The vasto is a great old west six shooter. But I was looking for a dirty harry man stopper.

Magnus then. If its still low damage for you, then use a real cannon like the Twin Rogga. 20k base damage with mods.

Brakk too.

I'd call the Twin Rogga and other such weapons as sawn off shotguns, really.

But the sessions you're looking for are the Lex (Prime), Magnus, I think the Lato (Vandal) as well? Problem is that most of the hand cannons are real bad unmodded since they are super early game weapons. Tbh I'd like to know what else is a good hand cannon too.

The only ones I've kept for MAYBE modding is Akvasto,  Akmagnus.  Sonicor is literally a hand cannon hehe.   I dont know what kinda damage it can do because I was just mastering stuff.   But it ragdolls enemies and has a aoe to it.  Super fun if your melee.     I just finished mastering those Ajgava dual pistols or whatever..the ones made out of bolto's and dual skana.   Those were weak as hell lol.   

I'd say bronco but thats a shotgun but your definately going to kill stuff and it looks like a crappy pistol.  I need 1 more blueprint and then I will be making dual prime bronco's.  

The Opticor? was more like a throwing weapon but it seemed pretty powerful.   Honestly if im not using some kinda auto-pistol I use throwing knives (when I use a secondary which is hardly ever).   

Oh isnt there some crappy grineer pistol....Seer or S....omething.   Dont remember that stats on that at all though.   

If you want a pistol with the look and feel of a hand-cannon, check out the Marelok series. The Marelok is literally the Grinlok lever-action Grineer rifle with a sawn-off barrel and stock. The result is a pistol that sounds like a rifle, with high damage and a slow firing rate that still retains enough accuracy to be used at most ranges. Plus it has some cool animations.

If you want a good ol' shotgun pistol that pulls double duty as the closest thing to an insanely high-caliber handgun, look no further than the Euphona Prime.

Even if it's shotgun falls off veeeeery quickly and the slug needs to be compensated for.

The Serious "Hand cannon" is actually Zarr in this game
220?cb=20161117022350

I suppose if you are looking for a Dirty Harry handgun it means something that is Magnum

meaning high damage over long range.

My suggestion would be the Lex Prime, or even the Aklex Prime.
that is the pistol is usually for pistol sniping something with high enough damage to 1 - 2 hit them most of the time 
unless they happened to be level 50 - 60 or so.

Next is the Marelok, which is basically a Saw-off Grinlok, 
based off the Mare's Leg so lever action pistol, you might like or hate the lever action
but the handling is quite unique.
220?cb=2014022705572944465-136561?wid=460&hei=460

I can't find something Stylish as the Model 29 in this game yet.
Though seriously I want something like the .500 Smith & Wesson or 45-70 Revolver.

Looks wise, sometime its more about the cosmetics than the actual performance.

Vasto is kind of like Schofield
latest?cb=20130803104340schofield_5_inch_barrel.jpg

Magnus is... too toy-like to be honest, cannot unsee

220?cb=20140123005414_kx_8c3ePULnAlk5vnIBrSKRDHjxIK3gZOgNasAl

Lex a lot would say its close to the M1911 or Desert eagle, so a M1911 in .357 magnum

220?cb=20130426074737apr-2014-mighty-357-coonan.jpg

Lex Prime is kind of close to Desert Eagle damage and recoil wise.

220?cb=20140410055707 11597731486_3929539039_z.jpg

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

On 2018-08-22 at 9:11 PM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

The only ones I've kept for MAYBE modding is Akvasto,  Akmagnus.  Sonicor is literally a hand cannon hehe.   I dont know what kinda damage it can do because I was just mastering stuff.   But it ragdolls enemies and has a aoe to it.  Super fun if your melee.     I just finished mastering those Ajgava dual pistols or whatever..the ones made out of bolto's and dual skana.   Those were weak as hell lol.   

I'd say bronco but thats a shotgun but your definately going to kill stuff and it looks like a crappy pistol.  I need 1 more blueprint and then I will be making dual prime bronco's.  

The Opticor? was more like a throwing weapon but it seemed pretty powerful.   Honestly if im not using some kinda auto-pistol I use throwing knives (when I use a secondary which is hardly ever).   

Oh isnt there some crappy grineer pistol....Seer or S....omething.   Dont remember that stats on that at all though.   

those pistols are the akjagara, yes, I know the name, I unintentionally learn most of the absurd weapon names.

hand cannon "hands down" would be the lex series, the prime is a very easy weapon to build and when fed some forma and some good mods(even better with prime ones) it is a damage beast.

the terribad grineer pistol is the Seer, huge zoom, low equal damage, preety much mastery fodder

13 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

I was actually hoping for one of these.

-snip-

While those are all fine and dandy (the S&W 500 especially) I think you're all underestimating the awesome that is the Mateba 2006M

Spoiler

640?cb=20180203210230

or the Mateba Model 6 Unica

Spoiler

MatebaAutoRevolver6in.jpg

other contendors also include the 1847 Walker Revolver, and the LAR Grizzly (basically a 1911 chambered for .45 Winmag).

On the actual topic though, I would love a proper hand cannon revolver, something with more power than the Lex with less magazine and slower RoF (single action anyone?)

Mateba is kind of confusing as auto revolver, since looking at .357 to .44 magnum a Desert Eagle might 
looks cooler being an automatic. Though the Connan is my favorite automatic .357 magnum

.454 Casull the Raging Bull kind of looks cool to me, 
but maybe I am old school.

Going old school the Walker revolver might be kind of cool.

The BFR might be the coolest hand cannon that is close to being a Colt SAA
with more power than the .500 magnum

103_0571.jpg