Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf Hydron

Everyone knows Hydron, Sedna is a good place to farm XP and focus because of it's small size meaning you'll almost always be within your allies affinity range and that's fine but I've lost track of how many mr10 and belows I've seen in that node who aren't even properly equipped most of the time and keep dying every two minutes, today I saw a mr1 with all the starter gear farming (leeching) there and had 4 kills at the end of 10 waves... Is this what the game has come to? You jump into hydron five minutes after creating a new account instead of playing the game and experiencing other things? I just assumed he was using a alt account but I still doubt it because you have to create a new PSN account to do that.

Please change Hydron from a defence mission to something else or ramp up the enemy levels so low levels won't be so comfortable there? I'm sure some wouldn't mind carrying low levels because they can but this is a problem and needs to be addressed before it gets more out of control, thanks.

Aren't there better places to farm XP, like say SO and ESO? There's also stealth farming with equinox. I've never even been ho hydron since I unlocked it I believe. And those new players need to rank up somehow, I'd say that new player experience is bad enough as is. Besides it's no draco, so I don't see any point in nerfing it. 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Please change Hydron from a defence mission to something else or ramp up the enemy levels so low levels won't be so comfortable there?

Do you honestly believe increasing enemy level would help? Higher level means more EXP. people are being carried anyway, so it will make virtually no difference.

Why do you even care if a MR1 joins in Hydron? A “leech” increases enemy count and the like, so they are “helping” by leeching. It is not that hard to carry three people on Hydron anyways (if you cannot carry the team, you might s well be a leech). DE would have to update the affinity system to mitigate this. Realistically, that is not going to happen.

19 minutes ago, felixsylvaris said:

Let them die 5 times?

If you destroy Hydron the xp cave would move somewhere else, like regular onslaught, so all poor souls farming Khora will have random pugs not even trying to do well.

^This

DE should Just let people have their Exp caves to grind, at the end of the day as it is now its not hurting anyone.

Edited by Nova73

You do not go to Hydron unless you're ready to handle the entire map by yourself. If you can't then you're just as prone to be accused of being a leecher as anyone else.

As far as them dying goes....let them die. Teach them a lesson. If I'm on Hydron I'll pick you up if you're not regularly dying. If I pick you up though on wave 1 and you die again before wave 2 starts...that's probably the last time I'm wasting my time picking you up.

Edited by (PS4)LubzinNJ

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

You jump into hydron five minutes after creating a new account instead of playing the game and experiencing other things? I just assumed he was using a alt account but I still doubt it because you have to create a new PSN account to do that.

easy fix...no taxi unless its an alert (yes because there ARE alerts that are beneficial for new players...like vauban parts)

1 hour ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Everyone knows Hydron, Sedna is a good place to farm XP and focus because of it's small size meaning you'll almost always be within your allies affinity range and that's fine but I've lost track of how many mr10 and belows I've seen in that node who aren't even properly equipped most of the time and keep dying every two minutes, today I saw a mr1 with all the starter gear farming (leeching) there and had 4 kills at the end of 10 waves... Is this what the game has come to? You jump into hydron five minutes after creating a new account instead of playing the game and experiencing other things? I just assumed he was using a alt account but I still doubt it because you have to create a new PSN account to do that.

Please change Hydron from a defence mission to something else or ramp up the enemy levels so low levels won't be so comfortable there? I'm sure some wouldn't mind carrying low levels because they can but this is a problem and needs to be addressed before it gets more out of control, thanks.

Why should [DE] change the map just because you have issues with weaker players in it? Thats pretty selfish on your part.

Draco in Ceres used to be the old XP Cave of the game, [DE] changed it from an Interception to Survival mission trying to stop players from constantly doing the same mission over and over and leveling up. Didnt change much, players started looking up other maps like Sechura in Pluto then Hydron in Sedna.

Wile i agree that players with a very low MR should really be there as the map is naturally locked for them, i am not against them being carried by a friend or random as its in the community`s interest to help newer players so the steep learning curve of the game doesnt look so frightening. Its possible for MR5 players to reach Sedna with ease if well instructed.

Players dieing in Hydron is no issue for me and i often see players over MR10 dieing too when leveling a squeaky frame like Banshee, Ember and Nova. I gladly bullet jump in their direction to raise them, taking advantage of my Vazarin focus to instantly ress.

I am not against this idea at all but the issue is like anything you want nerfed. Nerf whips, simulor, Draco it just goes on and on. There will always be an XP map that is preferred there will always be weapons better than the rest when modded a specific way. The change has to go deeper than simply nerfing the new meta map or build. I am fine with things like this being addressed but it cant simply be to nerf it another will just take its place.

5 hours ago, krc473 said:

Why do you even care if a MR1 joins in Hydron? A “leech” increases enemy count and the like, so they are “helping” by leeching. It is not that hard to carry three people on Hydron anyways (if you cannot carry the team, you might s well be a leech).

5 hours ago, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

You do not go to Hydron unless you're ready to handle the entire map by yourself. If you can't then you're just as prone to be accused of being a leecher as anyone else.

Think of it like this, one was a mr12 with a squishy Limbo constantly getting downed and the other two were a mr6 umbra and mr1 Excal, and I was leveling my pyrana prime using Equinox, thankfully the umbra guy in all his spammy glory did a decent job spamming his 4 and I had to use my warframe abilities to kill quickly so I barely got any xp for my pistol but that isn't why I'm upset, what are such low level players even doing in those late game nodes? They're ruining the game experience for themselves and others, this has to be addressed.

4 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Why should [DE] change the map just because you have issues with weaker players in it?

Because things like this has the potential to make them lose players if left unchecked. Think of it like this, new player joins warframe and is overwhelmed by everything because the game does little to nothing to help players get accustomed to things. So player decides to ask other players for help and what do they do? Carry new player through most if not all the starchart while doing all the work because they can while leaving new player with nothing new to do so he quits the game because he thinks he exhausted all the games content, I'm sure this scenario isn't far fetched so it's entirely in their interest to look into things like this I believe.

Edited by (PS4)Equinox21697

52 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Because things like this has the potential to make them lose players if left unchecked. Think of it like this, new player joins warframe and is overwhelmed by everything because the game does little to nothing to help players get accustomed to things. So player decides to ask other players for help and what do they do? Carry new player through most if not all the starchart while doing all the work because they can while leaving new player with nothing new to do so he quits the game because he thinks he exhausted all the games content, I'm sure this scenario isn't far fetched so it's entirely in their interest to look into things like this I believe.

how is that related to hydron?

2 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

They're ruining the game experience for themselves and others, this has to be addressed.

I would disagree with statement about ruining it for ‘themselves’. I get where you’re coming from, but I don’t agree.

• It may ruin it for others. I am not going to disagree here.

Leveling weapons is not the most enjoyable thing in the game. New players want to play and have fun. When you have low level gear and mods the game is much harder, so new players try and “power level” on Hydron. A MR1 player requires a taxi to get to Hydron. So someone must have invited them and known their level.

8 hours ago, Pro3Display said:

how is that related to hydron?

This is a problem with this game, Hydron just seems to be the epicenter of it, people are spending more time in that one node than they're in the rest of the game, maybe they could add mr locks to junctions, that would fix a lot of the problems this game has with low levels going into missions they aren't prepared for. For example there was a mr13 with Nidus and Tigris in a pub group I joined for tridolon, I know the risks of pub groups but really? Nidus and Tigris? Unfortunately we got Arcane energize as a drop and he got a ton of loot and 150p for free basically. Do you like seeing a mr5 with zephyr joining your spy or assassination sortie?  I feel like I'm going all over the  place with this but the point I'm trying to make here is there needs to be some sort of barrier that players need to pass before they access certain content and planets even, that way it benefits both DE and high level players because a new player can't just rush through everything the game has to offer within two days of creating a account and older players won't have to see disgustingly unprepared low levels joining endgame content and potentially failing missions for them.

10 minutes ago, t3nka_XL said:

pls stop crying for nerfs just because you feel bad with low rank players.

play solo or with premade teams...

i will never get it

This is a multiplayer game so if playing solo was meant to be a thing then they might as well add a offline mode and most of the players in recruitment chat are low levels trying to get carried.You seem to be quite new yourself so I suggest waiting til! You can relate to this before sharing your opinions

1 hour ago, t3nka_XL said:

you have a problem with other players... so yes, playing solo is an option

i´m mr25 and have no problem with low rank players.

I never said I have a problem with other players, but I do have a problem with people being in places they're not ready to be so don't twist my words on purpose or not, I'm mr20 myself and have no problem carrying players through sorties even but that doesn't mean it's alright, if they aren't ready to do a mission themselves then they shouldn't do it at all instead of being a liability to the unfortunate squads they join.